Can you spare a quarter "revised edition" sneak peek

ahh not trying to be rude to anyone.   actually I can play spanish guitar as well. which is also know as flamenco :)  at least i got one gift from my sperm donor and incubater (mostly I was born)  the rest I earned on my own.   I might not get rave reviews over it, but I figured music has died a long time ago.  most of the stuff they call music today really aint music. there's a few odd groups out there that can sing and play but if you ever notice most garage bands play anything pre 80's  I may not have a ton of culture, i may not have an oxford education, but I know good music and can see when someone is faking it.  which most do these days. the grammies and platimum albums are handed out like candy now and most don't even desreve the recognition.  I will admit I have a very tainted veiw of the world and you can say since i had more life experiences in the first 13 years of my life then 90% of the population should ever have. So Yeah I think one hit wonders like frampton don't even come close he even bombed in a movie he tried doing, so that says a lot. someone who comes on scene lasts less then 2 years don't qualify as a great guitarist to me. I don't even consider my self in any of the greats leagues. Nor will I ever be since I don't care about fame or fortune, I have my life and thats what is most important to me. perfect? no far from it. but it's the cards I was dealt so I play them. I think I alrady got my winning hand by a second chance, so Yeah I have a very slanted and tainted veiw of the world, and I dont look at it with rose coloured glasses or beer glasses.  but like i said the real greats, most may be gone now, but if it wasn't for Les Paul, who invented it all, there'd be no hendricks or any of the other greats.  So cheers to the greats since most of them quailfy as being my great grandfather LOL 

so don't take me the wrong way I'm just who I am  whatever that may be :) now shall we talk about the garbage hollywood puts out LOL now there is some desperate people! 

Jamie, will never take you wrong. You are who are and you make no bones about it. Let's don't talk about Hollywood, grin... I love ancient history (for me history stops when Elizabeth I dies) and to see all the historical errors intentionally put in a movie, AHHH! In the movie Braveheart, wanted to stand up in the theater 4 or 5 times and shout out, "It didn't happen that way!" The battle scene of Stirling Bridge was totally historically inaccurate and now because of the movie, people think William Wallace slept with the wife of Edward II!

Actually, flamenco is a form of Spanish folk music and dance, often accompanied by a guitar. Saw enough of it while living in Spain and then visiting there.

Well lets not start on Hollywood or I'll start on Greek mythology and history depicted in those "movies" and this thread will go down wind FAST!! LOL :P :P and yes Jamie be who you are and those that like you will follow the rest...you shouldn't care about :)

Yikes, Jeikor, you are right, I misspelled it. That will teach me to me to try doing three things at once, grin....

Spelling's not important when we're talking music. Notes, played properly and consecutively is what's important. Besides, two of us in this conversation are dyslexic enough that it was understood without being correctly spelled. There are no red pens in this thread. <_< (Gives a slight glare in Jerkers direction.)

This song describes my life.  and I am sill looking. 

No matter where you are in life, that's where you be. Sometimes what you are looking for is no further then your arms. ;-)

It sounds to me like you have it made right now. Living close to the trees, the water, the pups. None of the grief that comes with the big city life. You've got the time to enjoy life. Sounds like a pretty good life to me. Not always easy, but what would life be like without challenges? And the good times, I'll bet they can't get better.

When I lived in Alaska I looked forward to going out to the cabin. A few squirrels made a great stew when you added a little barley. Then some potatoes. Then an afternoon of splitting wood. Loved those weekends.

Jamie you are right. Clapton was the one I was trying to think of not Frampton. I love Michael W. Smith. :) 

Ricky glare all you want. I said my degree was in elementary education; I can't help but correct such mistakes. :P 

I think we can agree that not everyone will like the same music or bands but we can still be friends. :) 

I certainly agree that there are different tastes in music. And if we were all the same then Ben and Jerry's ice cream would only need one flavor.

As to the rest, Albert Einstein was so dyslexic he could not tie his own shoes. I'm sure there was some elementary educator someplace correcting HIS errors too so I understand your need to bring that too the table here in the 'forum'. I'm sure he had his own glare cadre for them as well when they did it in inappropriate places. i.e. outside the classroom.

I'm so glad we can agree on the ability to agree to disagree on things and still be friends.  :D See! I'm smiling already.

Perhaps now we can get back to the thread topic? I suspect we have another chapter on the way. I'll forward the audio file to ken so they can have it in place before the chapter is published. :)

I was wondering about that cause I mean frampton was what 2 albums and one was just his live album, and then some lame movie, done with the bee gee's, I know it bombed cant think of the title, but a lot of groups in the early late 70's where trying to do rock videos, i.e. the wall,  rocky horror picture show (which I love both) and of course Tommy.   I'm not mad at anyone but I do get upset when someone bugs me about ym dyslexia. though it's   probably why i'm good with playng guitar by ear and being able to fix just about anything. and yeah I will brag about my shooting skills, I was lined up to be an army sniper but thanks to my sperm donor and incubater they litteraly fucked me out of that chance (litteraly). Course my family and friends are glad I didn't go in… anyway just ask TigerPaw he'll tell you of my mad skills. Evan ask jason,  BTW he spells right!

and yeah i will always brag about my shooting. anyone who can pull up from looking like they where sound asleep raise a rifle and shoot and drop a deer on the run with one shot duble lunger and heart (i got plenty of wittness to this)  has free bragging rights  and I was 14 when I did that  probably why I had my own rifle built for me it's a .338 Lapua  custom sniper rifle and I can pick off deer at 750 yards, my longest kill shot was a stone sheep in the canadian rockies at 825 yards  this past fall. and my motto is "Don't run you'll just die tired"  :D  :D  :lol:  :lol: it's those mad ninja skills  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  off to run the hounds it's 3 degrees out with -18 wind chills should be a fun day. 

10399449_719218941472867_458014573781465

I should say one thing in Peter Frampton's defense.  Shortly after the release of Frampton Comes Alive (which I believe is still the top selling live album of all time), he was involved in an auto accident that severed tendons in his arm.  He was unable to play guitar again until just the last several years because when the surgeon reattached the tendons, he was unable to extend his elbow enough to play.  Any guitar player worth his callouses will tell you if you don't have the right arm and hand position, your playing will sound like crap, if it makes any sound at all.  Poor guy was on the verge of stardom and then bad medical practices stole it from him.

We should all count ourselves lucky such things don't happen to us.

Oh, and one name that should be on that great guitar players list, Eric Johnson.  If you can find a copy of Ah Via Musicom, definitely give it a listen.  He is amazing.

I should say one thing in Peter Frampton's defense.  Shortly after the release of Frampton Comes Alive (which I believe is still the top selling live album of all time), he was involved in an auto accident that severed tendons in his arm.  He was unable to play guitar again until just the last several years because when the surgeon reattached the tendons, he was unable to extend his elbow enough to play.  Any guitar player worth his callouses will tell you if you don't have the right arm and hand position, your playing will sound like crap, if it makes any sound at all.  Poor guy was on the verge of stardom and then bad medical practices stole it from him.

We should all count ourselves lucky such things don't happen to us.

Oh, and one name that should be on that great guitar players list, Eric Johnson.  If you can find a copy of Ah Via Musicom, definitely give it a listen.  He is amazing.

ACtually billboard magaine pulled after 200 weeks in the top 200 pink floyd dark side of the moon which is still the number one selling album in the world, and remains so to this day.  Some singers bitched about it always being there so they pulled it. It also spend 17 weeks in the top ten longest ever for any album.  Never knew Frampton got injured did know there was a plane crash that destroied his fav guitar. maybe that's what you where thinking? and yeah you do kinda need those muscles to all work to play. I had to have carple tunnel surgery to use my pinky, but even before getting that fixed i was doing well with three fingers just a lot of extra work.  As far as the guitar list there are about 40 others I could have named and I do know who eric johnson is matter of fact he's a member of a web site i hang on along with a few other great guitarists. But you still gotta go way back to the greatest of all time and that's Les Paul without him none of these guys would be playing anything he was the inventor and inovator in a time where everything was vaccuum tubes. like I said if it wasn't for him there'd be no Hendricks, Gilmour, and Eric Johnson, who  is listed in the top 100  in rolling stones magazine magazine. the sad part is they all put hendricks on top, and there are much better then hendricks. IMO. Frampton was not even considered in the top 100. 

I went to the chicago to NAMM  and met quite a few. also got to play with lots of kewl new stuff.

but what I'd really like is to get Peter Cornish to build my pedal board the guy is a genius when it comes to them.  but way pricey LOL  My strat I got is the same as gilmours I even got the syemore duncan custom SSL-1 bridge pickups and the extra switch gilmour had installed to allow all three pickups at one time just for that drop in was 400 bucks  only difference is I only got a 69 start.  his is a 67. 

Frampton did look awfully cute in Sgt. Pepper, however I rather doubt that was a big career goal on his part.

Didn't know about the injury.  Just remember the couple of pretty good hits he had on the radio and then *poof* gone.  Next time I heard of him was decades later in a Simpson's episode.

Frampton did look awfully cute in Sgt. Pepper, however I rather doubt that was a big career goal on his part.

Didn't know about the injury.  Just remember the couple of pretty good hits he had on the radio and then *poof* gone.  Next time I heard of him was decades later in a Simpson's episode.

Actually he wasn't injured I just wiki'ed him seems he tried making a come back but never quite made it. 

Just watch for me, I'll be easy to spot.  He always sends me out with a duck call and a "bullseye" t-shirt every season.  I asked him about it once, and he mumbled something about funding his retirement plan.  Wasn't quite sure how that related.   :unsure:

And yet, we go . . .

lol

Hey, I will have you know we could see the roof of Barry Manilow's house from our back patio of the condo we rented recently in Palm Springs! I bet you are all now really impressed and envious of us being so close to absolute stardom!

And Jamie, what does NAMM stand for? National Association of Macho Men?