Shadow Honor

Zach Caldwell

On 3/20/2018 at 9:37 PM, Jay said:

As we have became accustom to , another outstanding chapter to this story. Now that all the players are moving in this game. I was supposed that Max's father took his defiance so well. Will what wee see next set the tone to the rest of this story ? We will see maybe next time until then I will enjoy reading nun the less.

What I wanted to do with Salidar was show him as human, despite his obvious flaws. He is trying to be a good father, however he defines that. :) Thank you, as always, for your comments!

On 3/24/2018 at 10:16 PM, Jay said:

We see that everything is going as expected. Styx was a little shy in the bath house. In the shade underground I guess bathing is not as important to them. We will have to return to find out if they get to see the King or not.

Considering the dark nature of the water in The Shade, bathing is simply a luxury. While Madame Godani could indeed afford it, it still was not a regular thing for Styx. :)

This was a truly a very good chapter. The battle with the metal golem was very detailed. There is an other golem in Hebrew ledge but that golem is made of harden clay. We see Dogo and Grim with Max made to the pillar. What did they see? I guess we will find out next we return.

A very interesting chapter with more questions than answers. Veil and Styx had a very short talk but it was very reveling. As the King has took an wait and watch stand. What will happen and will they be in time to stop it? Prism  may be right they should act now. Alsha troops are to go into action first. Will they be ready? We will see.

A few surprises in this chapter. I did not see  One Max being able to do some of the thing he can as did not even know for sure. We see a lost temple will that come into play somewhere on down the line? What about Fasha, and what we know about him now? Lot of things maybe we need to come back and find out you think?

On 3/27/2018 at 12:02 AM, Jay said:

This was a truly a very good chapter. The battle with the metal golem was very detailed. There is an other golem in Hebrew ledge but that golem is made of harden clay. We see Dogo and Grim with Max made to the pillar. What did they see? I guess we will find out next we return.

On 3/30/2018 at 10:11 PM, Jay said:

A very interesting chapter with more questions than answers. Veil and Styx had a very short talk but it was very reveling. As the King has took an wait and watch stand. What will happen and will they be in time to stop it? Prism  may be right they should act now. Alsha troops are to go into action first. Will they be ready? We will see.

20 hours ago, Jay said:

A few surprises in this chapter. I did not see  One Max being able to do some of the thing he can as did not even know for sure. We see a lost temple will that come into play somewhere on down the line? What about Fasha, and what we know about him now? Lot of things maybe we need to come back and find out you think?

Jay, sorry it took me a while to get back to you. This past weekend I was involved in a short story competition that demanded most of my time, and distracted me from keeping up with all the feedback.

Thank you for all of these. It's always refreshing to see your comments because I always feel like you give me a benchmark for how well I'm doing. When I see the questions you're asking, and I get to see what you draw out of the story, it helps me understand if I've communicated what I want to communicate in each chapter.

I hope the story is continuing to be enjoyable, and I can't wait for you to see what happens next!

Cynus,

Thank you so much for sharing this story with us. It is always a pleasure to read a good story. We forget all to often you do not get paid for this. If someone likes a story or any part of it take the time and let it be known. If we run up on a good story as this one is let that be known as well. Once more thank you for letting us enjoy an wonderful story.

53 minutes ago, Jay said:

Cynus,

Thank you so much for sharing this story with us. It is always a pleasure to read a good story. We forget all to often you do not get paid for this. If someone likes a story or any part of it take the time and let it be known. If we run up on a good story as this one is let that be known as well. Once more thank you for letting us enjoy an wonderful story.

Thank you for that, though I can't completely leave this alone, because I think it would be wrong for me to collect accolades for something I didn't do.

I do actually get paid for this. I mean, technically I get paid for early access to these stories over at my Patreon, and I end up releasing the stories for free at a slower rate in the public domain, but I wanted to make sure it was clarified because I didn't want anyone to get the wrong idea. I do intend to release everything I write for free eventually, even the stuff I hold onto for awhile. Anything I start releasing will be released in full, however. I don't hold onto last chapters or some nonsense like that in order to convince people to come to my Patreon. Some authors (None here) do that, and that seems like complete bullshit to me, heh.

But I do appreciate your support. For the most part, I've had very little reader interaction for this particular story here at the Castle, and I'm glad someone appreciates the work!

Sometimes it gets a bit slow in postings on storys people read here on CR. At times with life as it is people do not have the time to read as much. Also I have noticed a few that will wait till the story is complete before reading. They are a number of reasons why you mite think that. The Castle has its readers. That I have found to be quit loyal to the Arthur. I have also found a better quality of story here than on other sites. Each site has its own fan base. Its own audience that follow the content they present. I just think that the Castle has a bit more of a demanding audience. They want good interesting and emotional story they can enjoy and relate to on some level.

I have no problem with people being paid for their work. By all means one should be compensated for their labor. As an retired printer if no one bought books. I would not had a job.

I am just glad you have shared with us you talent in doing a yarn.

18 hours ago, Jay said:

Sometimes it gets a bit slow in postings on storys people read here on CR. At times with life as it is people do not have the time to read as much. Also I have noticed a few that will wait till the story is complete before reading. They are a number of reasons why you mite think that. The Castle has its readers. That I have found to be quit loyal to the Arthur. I have also found a better quality of story here than on other sites. Each site has its own fan base. Its own audience that follow the content they present. I just think that the Castle has a bit more of a demanding audience. They want good interesting and emotional story they can enjoy and relate to on some level.

I have no problem with people being paid for their work. By all means one should be compensated for their labor. As an retired printer if no one bought books. I would not had a job.

I am just glad you have shared with us you talent in doing a yarn.

My readers have always been my primary source of encouragement, and I'm so grateful for them. This is why I will always release free content until the end of my life. I would much rather be read and understood by more people than be rich by selling some book and getting on Oprah. Of course, if I could have both, then that's a great life. LOL

Seriously though, if various of my readers haven't said to me that I could write for a living, I would've never quit my day job to pursue it. But, here I am, barely making rent and affording to eat cup noodles, but I'm loving the freedom and the ability to make art whenever I want to. And I wouldn't give that up for anything in the world.

1 hour ago, Cynus said:

My readers have always been my primary source of encouragement, and I'm so grateful for them. This is why I will always release free content until the end of my life. I would much rather be read and understood by more people than be rich by selling some book and getting on Oprah. Of course, if I could have both, then that's a great life. LOL

Seriously though, if various of my readers haven't said to me that I could write for a living, I would've never quit my day job to pursue it. But, here I am, barely making rent and affording to eat cup noodles, but I'm loving the freedom and the ability to make art whenever I want to. And I wouldn't give that up for anything in the world.

Do what you love. Life is to short to not enjoy every bit of it you can. I am in hope that you can obtain your goals you have set yourself.

The battle scenes are highly detailed and bloody. Styx and Kirra fought in air as well as land and are still a live by pure luck. Max did help but of grate lose to himself. They have been lucky up to now. Will their luck hold out? Will they get to Grim in time? We will see I hope next time.

What a battle seen. It was very detailed to the point you could see it taking place as you read. What is going to happen next as the battle is not over yet by far? You would think that the next battle seen chapter could not be a good as the previous. Then to find out the chapter is even better than the one before.