Shadow Honor

Zach Caldwell

Another awesome battle seen. Willax returning to the shade be a good thing or a bad one? Will the shade follow his lead as the new King? With Styx trying to free Grim will he be able to in time? Will Fasha return before they ate ready for him? Will have to wait and see.

This has been one amazing adventure. With Maxthane now Shadow King what will happen? Styx and Kara it seems has come to turns with their relationship with Max. It seems this story is not over yet and a second book is in the making. I shall look forward to that. 

On 4/24/2018 at 10:26 PM, Jay said:

This has been one amazing adventure. With Maxthane now Shadow King what will happen? Styx and Kara it seems has come to turns with their relationship with Max. It seems this story is not over yet and a second book is in the making. I shall look forward to that. 

I'm sorry it took so long to get back to you. Originally it was backlog, but then I broke my tailbone and sitting in front of a computer has been a bit agonizing. I've managed to get a little work done here and there, though. :)

The second book has begun releasing, and hopefully you'll get a chance to see it soon. Thanks for joining me on this one!

• 5 months later...

I really enjoyed this story.  It was exciting and had very good characterization -- of course that is helped a lot by the characters being engaging.  Cynus has planted some nice seeds for future story(ies).  I'm glad to hear that he has already been working on the next volume.

Spoiler

Something tells me that there is more to the story than even the epilogue reveals. It seems that Neredos is likely being manipulated by Veil.  It reminds me a bit of how Wormtongue was manipulating King Théoden in Lord of the Rings.In this story, I suspect there are more benevolent factors than in LotR, though. Another curious element is Prism's nanites, certainly unexpected in a fantasy book.  Perhaps Cynus will take us on a wide journey the way Jack Chalker did in his Soul Rider series. The first volume appeared to be fantasy, the second evolved into a science fantasy, and at the third volume you find out that the overall story had been science fiction the whole time.