Drummer Boy: The Road North

Castle Herald

WOW,wow... this is the best or one of the best chapter of the story yet. The return of a lost friend Mr. Scully. Injured he maybe his friendship with Thomas made sure he was taken care of. We see that Thomas' fleet is well underway and plans made. We see Thomas making a home on the continent at his bay. I just wonder about his family in England will they be joining him? Will he send for them? He could buy more land beside his family in England from the Morgans. Well we will have to see if this and more will come to pass.

I am at a loss of words, i am overjoyed to see that Mr. Roger Scully has returned from the grave, as i am sure many of the boys will be. Afterall, Mr Scully is a brother. Also i am happy with the names Thomas has chosen for the ships he has now named, Is there a greater honour then having a Ship named after you by your adopter father/brother. I am sure that many tears of joy will fall in the camp when the face of Mr. Scully is revealed to see that a brother that was presumed dead is alive afterall.

As to Thomas Family i have to agree i too am curious what wil be done, i assume Thomas will want to have contact with his parents, but i think he will also want to get to really know his young brother. and Last but not least i am happy that he has decided to make a home in Portugal near Toro Bay.

Dear Arthur, 

Once again you have brought tears to my eyes, Roger Scully  ALIVE ! It was bad enough when Thomas was told at the ball of his friends demise, young Sergeant Fairley will I am sure be most happy to learn that his old Boss is alive as well as Craven Morgan. 

There are going to be some very important guests at the final parade that the guys do not want Thomas to know about , that I am sure of. I am still waiting to see who the Princes spy in the camp is Arthur.

I, as well as all here am not looking to the end of Thomas's adventures just yet. Better get busy with Book 3 Arthur :)

Funny enough I had been waiting for Roger Scully  to reppear for many chapters just a gut feeling I had about his demise, a officers sword is like a Vikings Sword, A warrior cannot die in Battle without his sword in hand and as Scully had sent his sword away he had to survive, best now Thomas does not return it to Roger Scully,  With with his army and shipping company he could form a trading company similair to the East India Company to further his business holdings across the world, With his frigates and being a senior member of the Blackhand gang he could control the trade from the spice islands for a start. There I go running before I can walk:-)., Sorry Arthur.

Well it looks like LOKI or the politicians have done their best to stop chapter 22. I hope that Arthur is well and that this is really Friday, looks like the Chivas will be out when I get back from work. :(

Maybe there were more storms, anyway I will wish All on here good health and a happy Friday. Arthur will post chapter 22 when he is ready to so we can all look forward to the Parade and what the guys are going to do when Roger Scully turns up to watch it.

Chapter22: A grand ceremonial assembly, family and dignitaries,  presentation of awards..., a final military commencement...all that seems left is for Thomas to walk out of his headquarters for the last time..and into the annals of history. Arthur has given us two wonderful books of the official, written record of the heroic acts  of Thomas Marking as they were carried out in full view of his friends, enemies and the general public. Not told by Arthur, are the special details of Thomas's private boy life and how his emotions and affections may have played some role in how his young public life has played out. Every reader, I suspect, has imagined their own version of these private, unspoken details...found between the lines written by Arthur. To spur such speculation and imagination by his readers just shows how appealing Arthur's adventure story has been.

I continue to be amazed at the wonder of Arthur's story, the depth of feeling he expresses in his writing and the fact he brings

a tear to the eye of an old man like myself.  I must echo the statement of another person who said they cannot wait for Book 3.

A brilliantly written chapter and I wait patiently for the continuation of this absolutely fascinating and addicting story. Thank you

Arthur for the most interesting, compelling and well written story I have read in many many years.

I agree with all the above. Great chapter.   You can fee the excitement of Thomas' brother 'leading' the horse!  The only thing missing was certain rangers but they probably weren't allowed to come.

I too was glad to see the promising TBC at the end. 

Jay just a note- you wrote tail but I think you meant tale.

Another splendidly done and emotional chapter, i have to concur with what someone else said that this is probably the best written of all of Arthur's stories.

I loved the fact that Thomas's biologocal family was able to make it, something i just realised however is that to the best of my knowledge we never did learn the name of Thomas's young brother.

And i too will agree to say Thank God for the TBC.

My Dearest Friend Arthur,

As I sit here in my den, looking at the fire, which warms my room at this spring cold-snap, here in the northern high desert of Idaho, I can't but help think of this story and what it has meant to me and all the readers that roam the halls of Castle Roland.

I am thankful that you sent Loki to be with me, even if for only a little while. Together, we have gone back over your previous tales, admiring your skills at weaving a yarn, here and there.... Gads! You should see what he did to my poor bottles of Glenfiddich Madeira (damn good thing I hid my Bunnahabhain)!!

Yes well, we had a bit of fun, you see. We found an area to split part one into two. Which makes this one actually part three. But only if you end it at chapter twenty-three... Beyond that? Well, Loki and I have laid in plans.

Al

15 hours ago, Arthur said:

Al this is all your fault, you promised I could be finished before Xmas. I am sending Loki to speak with you.

As you said Arthur, you can be finished by Christmas. It is only coming up to June so you still have almost 6 Months to complete Book 3 and complete Book 2 as well. By the way LOKI was with me last night and we both have the same kind of humor :)

Take all the time you need Arthur, ALL the guys here understand that it takes you some time to research the plots for your awesome story lines. 

I badgered Arthur to let me start publishing "Paulek" this coming Thursday, so that if it takes longer for him to write chapter 23, we will at least have something of Arthur's to read.

I realize that many of us have read this, back when it first came out, but that was in 2012 - 5 years ago. I suspect for many of us, it will almost be a fresh read. For those of you that haven't read this story.... Sit back and enjoy! It's a rollicking good tale.

Al.

I am amused that folks here are ready to bid adieu to our Drummer Boys with the withdrawal of Napoleon and his forces from the Iberian Peninsula. Yet wasn't there some subsequent little dust-up or another that re-awakened The Continent's need for brilliant military personnel, leaders and actions?

Then again, I'm just an Ami and we still figure the War of 1812 was ours and fought primarily afloat against the bloody British..