Let's Play: Hoard of the Dragon Queen (A D&D 5e Adventure) SIGNUP

Zergrinch

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Works for me. Either way Garanth has enough to get studded armor without borrowing.

Actually, I think he already got a hide armor before I did that division.

Otherwise, subtract a gold piece each from the total, because there was hide armor in the loot if you want it.

Yes but hide armor doesn't increase his AC because it reduces his dex bonus until later when he can increase it somehow (I would have to look back at previous posts to see; can't remember off the top of my head).

Was trying to find a way to increase it now and then use the hide armor later. Just a thought. Planned on passing the stud armor to Perrin but with the loot maybe he would want to have it made for him and Garanth use the hide armor.

Yes but hide armor doesn't increase his AC because it reduces his dex bonus until later when he can increase it somehow (I would have to look back at previous posts to see; can't remember off the top of my head).

At level 4 you could pick up medium armor mastery and get a cap of +3 dex in medium armors instead of +2.

Alright, before we proceed, are you (especially Arjan) absolutely sure you want to sell the 50 GP diamond and split up the proceeds in cash?

D'oh!

Thanks for the save, I always forget about Chromatic orb's material component.

We're getting an additional 70 GP, which comes out to 14 GP each.  Arjan will buy out the diamond with his share of the cash received to date.

So a total gain of 41 GP, 9 S, and 1 CP.  Which brings Arjan up to 51 gold, just enough to buy the diamond.

Okay, one problem with the start of Episode 1. Garanth would have offered to buy Arjan a drink to make up for his mistake upon meeting rather have him sit there with nothing.

A gold coin is a lot of cash.  Arjhan can get a night's lodging and meals on it.

And with one mercenary run under his belt...  Well, he's planning on more.

Okay correct me if I'm wrong but aren't the purple cloaks the Dragon Cult guys?

Also where in the spectrum of good and bad dragons does blue fall?

A link to the online handbook would be helpful. I am completely dependent on my laptop now and did not have it downloaded on the laptop (too lazy to go back and try to find where it was first posted).

Q1: You'll find out soon enough!
Q2: This is information you're not supposed to know. If you wish to know more, you can do an Intelligence check (Nature or Religion, your choice) and let the dice decide how much your character knows about dragon colors and their alignment.  

Q3: I will e-mail you the full Player's Handbook for your reference.

Q2: This is information you're not supposed to know. If you wish to know more, you can do an Intelligence check (Nature or Religion, your choice) and let the dice decide how much your character knows about dragon colors and their alignment.  

Isn't the underlying key between good and evil dragons pretty common knowledge?  (Very common, actually)  Knowing what a given type actually does is one thing, and probably isn't going to be known by everyone, but the difference between good and evil is obvious enough.

Your regular adventurer isn't going to worry about dragons other than to stay far, far away from them. Unless you live close to a dragon's lair, or have a scholarly interest in the ecology of dragons, you probably wouldn't be able to distinguish between a chromatic or metallic dragon, much less know their alignment, the fact that there are good dragons, or that there is a dragon cold war going on.

Hence the knowledge check. The average person might know, but this is not common lore at all.

Nice pic, zerg! However, I have worked in two daycares and have four children of my own. You will have to do better than that to sway me but . . . Garanth is a pushover.

I need to know if Garanth ever got his or a crossbow back before I make my game post.

In case you missed it, Leosin left a little something for Morganor ( in Episode 0).  You can pretty much assume Morganor gave it back to Garanth, right?

===

Leosin thanks everyone profusely for the assistance, and before he leaves, he enters into a personal conversation with Morganor.

"Brother," the monk said, "May the light of the great Bahamut protect you and your caravan from what is to come.  It is as you say, that the Dragon Cult bears no love for our lord, and yet, that is where my research will take me.  I know not what they have planned, but it is surely up to no good.  I want you to have this - keep it safe for me, when... if we meet again."

The half-elf presses something wrapped in cloth into Morganor's hand as he withdraws into the city.  Morganor unbundles it to see a slightly-bent crossbow, as well as the monk's pendant, which bears the symbol of Bahamut.

Nice pic, zerg! However, I have worked in two daycares and have four children of my own. You will have to do better than that to sway me

Darn. I was hoping that would be more effective than this...

492337207-63117.jpg

But I suppose as an experienced professional, you've seen it all!  :angry:

Now, hopefully Rilbur isn't quite as prepared as you are, and his heart hasn't hardened that much yet...