Navigator

denis_p

This was a wonderful journey and the outcome couldn't have been better. I kept wondering how things would work when Silas and Brady finally got together with the band taking off and Silas finally settling. It seems they have no problem maintaining a long distance relationship. True love for sure. Also happy that Adam found someone again and that Tara and Chelsea were happy.

Thanks for a great story.

I like to think that Silas and Brady couldn't have been more perfect for each other. Both were used to the realities of living on the road, and so they both knew from the beginning that they'd have to get used to saying goodbye to each other. If there was anyone I thought capable of maintaining a long distance relationship, it would be these two. :D

There is a sequel somewhat in the works, though it won't follow Silas and Brady directly. They'll be part of the main supporting cast, and the other characters will all have their impact as well, but this will be a number of years in the future. I'm thinking sometime in the realm of ten years? I've only been playing with the outline so far, but once I finish my current story, the sequel will be the very next thing I do.

Thank you for the comments, and I'm glad you enjoyed them.

• 8 months later...
  • 11 months later...

This was an excellent story.  Normally I go for fantasy/sci-fi, but this was worth it even without those elements

Spoiler

The one thing I don't understand is why it took years for Silas to contact his sister Emma?  He had already reformed a great relationship with his older brother Ian and seemed healed.  Didn't the band ever tell him that she had contacted them?  In not, why not?  Did Ian ever contact Emma?

On 9/29/2018 at 2:19 PM, Wyatt said:

This was an excellent story.  Normally I go for fantasy/sci-fi, but this was worth it even without those elements

Hide contents

The one thing I don't understand is why it took years for Silas to contact his sister Emma?  He had already reformed a great relationship with his older brother Ian and seemed healed.  Didn't the band ever tell him that she had contacted them?  In not, why not?  Did Ian ever contact Emma?

Thank you. I predominantly write science-fiction and fantasy these days, and don't really intend on returning to this genre (gay teen high school fiction) except maybe an occasional visit.

In regards to your first question: I've been asked this question before. Usually I say something along the lines of "reaching out to Emma would possibly mean reaching out to his family back home, and he wasn't prepared for that possibility". The band definitely told him, but the decision was his. As for Ian and Emma... well, we'll just say that's in the sequel that never got written (and never will be, sorry to disappoint everyone. I've tried a dozen times).