Navigator

denis_p

[Special Note: The new website is now live. As a result the links throughout this thread are invalid except for the latest posting to the thread. All of Cynus's stories can now be found at Cynus]

Castle Roland is Excited to Present
a New Story From a New Resident Author!

Cynus

"Navigator"

Chapter 1

Silas Drake is 16 and homeless, but not without hope.

Edited by Zach Caldwell
Link website notification

Wow, great start, Cynus! You were able to set the hooks for Silas and Addy in me right away, leaving me wanting to know more about the pair and liking them already when the chapter ended. Dialogue was good, realistic and descriptions spot on and I'm sure I have been in several of the diners you described. The only complaint I have is that I wanted more, grin...... Hey, I have been a pain in the butt to other authors here, always whining, "I want more" so might as well initiate you now!

Cynus  , you have got my interest !

Drake is poised to be the next great character at CR .

Love the way you've started this tale .

The actors involved push the story very well .

Can't wait for Drake to tell us who the guy he finds in the cafe is .

And what he means for him .

My mind says he may be related .

The waitress took note of his name .

Next please .

dael

Mark,

The good thing about you wanting more is that it will be here every week. :) The story is finished, and so the weekly updates will happen without any interruptions on my end. With any luck, I'll always have something new to post, but I guess we'll just have to see. 

The story derives a great deal of its strength from my editor, Anthony, and my primary beta reader, John. Without either of their support I don't know where this story would have ended up.

I look forward to hearing more about what you liked(or heaven forbid disliked) about The Navigator in coming chapters.

Dael,

Silas Drake is among the strongest characters I've ever had the pleasure to write. He practically wrote himself, and I was happy to let him. Normally my characters don't take the reins quite like he did.

And don't you worry. You'll find out more about the man in the cafe soon. :)

Thanks to both of you for your input.

Peace

Cynus , Chelsea , huh ?

Wonder how she fits in ?

Seems pretty up front right now .

She finds him interesting , he told he doesn't swing her way .

She knows her church is a crock , as does he about his .

Friendship  in need of acceptance ?

Wonder how Silas will get over his bro not contacting him ?

Oh , the joy of figuring it all out !

Amaze me Sam !

dael

This story has intrigued me. I must finish it!!

When I first started reading Navigator, I got to the part where he was talking about leaving and got interrupted. It took me a while to get back to it, but now I've read through what is there and I am quite pleased with what I have found so far in the story.

Looking forwards to reading more.

Can't believe I have written in this forum yet! I love this story! When the updates come it is a toss-up whether I read this or D'Artagnon's first.

I am sure I posted that I liked this story when you posted about taking a break from writing. I hope things are getting better and that you return to writing at some point.

Glad to see Amy start to ease inside Silas' defenses a little bit. He needs to learn to let people care for him and know that it doesn't mean he has to give up his independence.

I actually have something in the works right now. It's about halfway completed, so maybe I have enough of a buffer to submit to Castle Roland? 

I'm glad that you're enjoying the story, and I hope you'll like it all the way through to the end. The second third of the story (Chapters 10-18) Have some of my favorite sections, and with any luck you'll like them too. :)

Can't believe I have written in this forum yet! I love this story! When the updates come it is a toss-up whether I read this or D'Artagnon's first.

I am sure I posted that I liked this story when you posted about taking a break from writing. I hope things are getting better and that you return to writing at some point.

Glad to see Amy start to ease inside Silas' defenses a little bit. He needs to learn to let people care for him and know that it doesn't mean he has to give up his independence.

The Castle only asks that you have 5 chapters completed of a series before submitting.

I am sure I will continue to enjoy the story.

I just looked that up as well. :) Turns out I'm close, as I'm at 4 complete chapters and then bits and pieces of all the rest of the chapters. I suppose I might be able to submit soon then.