Kyle Aarons: Ask a Character:

Kyle Aarons

Lord (of the Castle)

I guess you must be a noble to own a castle, so you must know how your heart would sink if you last all.

Well, I did. But I did what was forbade, so I have nothing to say, other than to exile my unknown son for me trying to save Kandric's father. For this there is no forgiving him. He could hand me the keys to the Spire and I would still spit in his face for such a transgression. The essence he took from me would have told him why I did what I did. Besides Kyvin was ten times the man my father is. He treated all my kids as his even knowing he would grow old and die before many became more than young adults. He didn't care and he worked ever so hard to provide for them.

He even understood me going out and sleeping with others for money, since I had grown accustomed to the extra coin. He still loved me. Father killed my first love. For this I hold inner resentment, but it was his right. For punishing my unknown son... no I will not forgive him He is not welcome into my home, for even this swamp slum home, and thanks to Kandric's allies it is now a home, is far to good for the bastard.

Best of wishes in ruling your land

I can only hope you are more compassionate than my father with those you rule over.

Kaylaria

Elf

Priestess of Vindayin

Dear Avery,

I have to ask what are your feelings now you find yourself in the company of a boy younger than who can do things with his mind, your father's executioner who turns into a giant werewolf, and now find out that some ancient enity has given you powers you never dreamed of to fight an ancient evil?

Billy,

For me this is all insane. Part of me has come to grips with it. I mean, afterall... Um... I did kill a vampire on my own... but I just don't see how I could have missed all of this until now. I have seen things that didn't make sense, but dismissed them as tricks of the eye. Now I want to go back to each and every one of those times and look at them again. The weird ball of light in the sky that went form side to side... I dismissed it as a kid playing with a flashlight, but now... I just don't know anymore. Then there was the time on dad's boat when I saw a weird wave in the water. It scared me so bad I didn't want to swim in that lake and both dad and mom laughed about it. Now I am beyond glad I didn't.

The strange part is I always felt there was something more, but when I tired to talk about it, even with my mom before she left... She just said it was imagination of an eight year old and I would outgrow it. But during one of the summer camps I went to I talked to an adult who had a tattoo of a big griffin and asked him why. He said it was because there were such powers out there unseen but still there. He then went on to tell me about how so many different ancient people had similar myths and many spoke of the same beasts. How the really old all but forgotten peoples passed down tails of a great flood, how everyone knows of the Bermuda Triangle and how there are other spots I had never heard about where strange disappearances have happened for centuries.

He even let me use his phone and tablet to look it up, they are out there... the places of worship, are there more to them? I now think there are and I bet there is power there to help me fight in Cinder's shadow war. Once we are done here in KC, I am going to ask him if he will take us to one place that I have always wanted to see... Devil's Tower... If I feel power there and can tap it, then the next vamp I see will be in for a real shock.

I know, I am probably letting my imagination take over, but now that I know the monster under the bed is real I want to know more and do something about it.

Avery

Spirit Warrior?

Craig,

As you all probably  know the entire Command Group of United States Navy Strike Group 9 has taken a special interest in all of you. We have read the reports of your actions carefully. You and your friends give us hope for the people of this country. We count you among the hero's that have stepped up to defend this great nation from a tyrant.

Myself and Commander Buchinski have a small wager going. He insists he can recruit you to the Navy SEALS and I am sure Marine Force recon is in your future.

The Question we have is do you intend to pursue a career in the US Military and if so what are your aspirations?

Regardless of your Answer Commander Buchinski and I have agreed we will both be honored to sponsor you for an appointment to the academy should you desire it.Once you're for of legal age and finish High School and when we have finished wiping the floor with Asshat. 

Thank you for your time and stay safe.

Dixon Sinclair
Major, Commanding
32 Marine Expeditionary Unit.

Major Sinclair,

I am going military as long as we can figure out what kind of military we are going to have once this mess is over with. It will take a long time for people to really trust the military after what we are seeing happen. Maybe I can be part of helping to rebuild some of that trust, but don't look for me to be the face of a new and loyal to the people military. I am finding it hard to make friends with those around me let alone having a nation look up to me. I'm just not ever gong to have likable personality or whatever you want to call it.

Give me a gun and let me get shot at. Let me think of ways to build a better gun, whatever.

Anyway, your question is kind of a hard one, since I think we will need something new after this war. After all, some of the Force Recon, SEALs, and Rangers are fighting for Ashwood (it is so hard for me to not start calling him Ash-hole like Alexander is starting to do when none of the adults are around...) Sorry, I digress: Anyway,  even as I respond to this, the trust in those organizations are being tarnished to a point where you all need to come up with a new special forces group, maybe something where all five services send the best to become a super elite maybe come up with some kind of complicated acronym that includes Marines, Air Force, Navy, Army, Coast Guard  (Although I don't see MANAC doing much for moral....) Just saying....

So when you all create such a force please put me on the recruitment list.

Craig

Junior Marine

EEL Science Contest Winner

Craig,

I appreciate your rapid response. I think once, we the military, loyal to the Constitution and the People start putting this Nation and Military back together the people, and hopefully you will be included, will see that the "Military" currently committing these atrocities is NOT the United States Armed Forces, rather Ashwood's personal army. Know this we are out here and we are coming and we will set this right. This will not happen on my watch and I plan to put my boot in every pretender's (well I guess I should watch my language).

And as far as you being the poster child, all we would expect is you be the best Marine you can be. We do not put ourselves or our soldiers in harms way intentionally. I am concerned about the  comment about letting yourself get shot at. Getting yourself shot at is not being a soldier. Your friends, the  country, Hell I need you to not take chances and keep yourself safe when possible. Give the enemy the chance to die for his cause not the other way around. 

Semper Fideles

Major Sinclair.

Major Sinclair,

Far be it for me to contradict an esteemed officer, however... Um, I didn't say getting shot, (had that happen twice now and it pretty much sucked both times even if they were only flesh and graze type wounds) What I said is I don't mind getting shot at. Someone has to be on the front lines getting shot at so they can shoot back. That would be me, I mean why put someone else who has more skills with people and knows haw to be nice to people out front where there is someone like me around?

All I want is to be able to shot back farther, faster, and better than those shooting at me.

Oh, and when I do go forward to get shot at  (again not shot)  I want no one who even kind of thinks Ash-hole is a good guy around me unless those are the ones I am shooting (not just shooting at).

Craig Bickford

Junior Marine

IMWK Will,

First of does inquiring minds want to know about Will or does will have multiple minds??? Kind of hard to read that one.

Anyway, on to your questions: I will answer the second part first because it is really straight forward. Part of the Corps Psy training is to protect yourself, so we all learn how to walk around with mental barriers up. Being the strongest PSY-Rating in the Corps at the moment I haven't been touched by any other Psy power in a couple of years. When Robin hit me with his Psy-mindscream, it not only knocked me on my ass but shattered my barrier which also prevented me from turning off being able to glean thoughts which is my primary ability. All the sudden I heard and felt everyone in the room, could feel their pain from the residual and could hear Commander Montgomery snickering at the fact I suddenly found I wasn't as bad-ass as I thought, so not only did it feel like I got hit by a low level flyer, I also got the feedback from the others' pain and some laughter about it. what the hell do you think I was thinking, I was scared shitless, (yeah, there was a brown streak back there...)

Now as far as calling myself a freak, my primary ability is to Glean thoughts. I started hearing what some people where thinking by the time I was nine, and it is creepy. My first Glean was when I was getting on a Mag-lift and felt someone thinking about offing his girlfriend because he didn't want her to have the baby and she did. I had nightmares about it, then three days later I heard people talking about how he did  the deed the night before and was caught with the bloody knife in his hand after he got pegged by a Zap-camera.

I have heard all sorts of crazy shit, usually bad because those come through stronger. Lots of times I didn't even know who was thinking it, only that the thought was there. You know one time while in school, I felt one of the adults thinking about kidnapping a kid for unspeakable reasons. It scared me so bad I refused to go to school until my dad beat me so bad it was better to risk being the one whoever it was wanted then to try to stay home.

I still refused to go into the school wing, so a Linc-Oma cop had to be called. Dad got arrested because how my backside looked and cops got stationed in the school ling for over a month once I told them what I thought I had heard. Two school aides disappeared and a week later the cops were gone, but I was living with an Aunt who I could glean without any effort because she was just that dumb that she carried all her thoughts right on the surface. She blamed me for my dad being locked up and did everything to make me miserable until I picked up on some thoughts of an arson attempt in our building by a couple of older kids who wanted to destroy the records of their grades. I told and the next day the Corps showed up and here I am, one of the freaks selected for their pet Psy-program. Im' no smarter than some of the kids I was promoted over, but they want us freaks to be happy so here I am.

And that, Will, is why I don't see things the way you do. I am a freak, Robin is a freak, we all are. Now I hope you get it. I am a freak and would prefer to have none of these damned abilities. But, since I have them, at least I am with other freaks who get it.

Taylor Kramer

Cadet Col Explorer Corps

Gugi,

We gave the rest of the calking and a couple of boxes to trash bags the teachers, told them what to do and made our way back to the buildings, but we didn't even come close to making it to the building before the sarin hit. We were just getting off the second floor of the parking structure when we saw birds start falling out of the sky. We were already suited up so we had to walk over a lot of dead and dying to get down to the sewer entrance. Real disgusting and there was this old man with a dog. The dog was trying to cuddle with the guy even as both of them died. I even stepped on some dead people and one almost ripped the suit as she tired to get me to help her but she was already dead, she just hadn't quite died yet. I had puke in my mask, lots of it, by the time we got away form the dying. It was getting kind of hard to breath and smelled real bad, so I am glad it all got thrown into the water and I was able to get a cold shower.

Craig

Junior Marine

Dear Craig,

Shooting at, though noble, is a weak reaction best reserved for last resort, not as a first response.  A True Warrior will exert mind control over his enemy.  I have, as you Americans say, many notches in my belt, meaning I have killed many enemies.  Though I have shot none, I use my physical abilities to overcome adversity, but only if absolutely necessary.

Two, almost three weeks ago I took a bullet to the gut.  At this time, I am no more than an invalid and poop through a hole in my stomach.  My body is weak.  My mind is not centered due to the many drugs required to stave off infection and to reduce pain enough so that meditation can take over.  I am termed a hero for saving lives of my family and friends, yet I do not feel heroic.

Though I am a trained killing machine, capable of having a mind of steel, I was given the opportunity to become a boy, a maturing boy, when a very special person came into my life.  He is my 灵魂伴侣, or translated to English - soul mate.  He has brought joy to my life.  I have learned and continue to learn that love is the opposite of hatred.  He accepts me as I am and hope to be.

If I may be so bold as to say so, there is someone who has come into your life who you are afraid of.  Yet, this person you are afraid of wants only good things for you.  You know who the person is.  What is holding you back from being all you can be?  How can being a total and complete human being possibly lead to failure?

Antoine Blake

Antoine,

Did you know I have never had a friend invite me over to spend the night nor have I ever had anyone over my house to spend the night (Well, there was one time when this kid a few houses down was over, but that is because his mom was deployed and his dad got into a car wreck, so dad took hi in for a couple of days) Dad is always good at that sort of thing, trying to find ways to where I have to make friends, which is how I got into the Junior Marines to begin with. I suck at this whole human interaction thing and I know it. I don't expect to make friends at this point, so I don't know why you would care if I do.

I can be all I can be by shooting and getting shot at. This way I can prevent others from having to fight. This allows them to make their friends and go on with their own lives in a better way. I can also continue to invert stuff to help others and make life easier. If that isn't being all I can be then I guess you and I have different ideas on what those words mean and stand for. By doing things my way I am helping people in a way that makes sense to me.

As far as being Human... well if I really was totally Human, I would not suck so bad at this human interaction thing, and since failure is not an option for me I will continue to build /invent, shoot and get shot at cause that is things I am obviously good at. And again, this will let others make friends. Cause, after seeing what Agent Paulson and his ilk do to others, someone has to be wiling to blast the crap out of him and others like him.

If Justin really wants me as a friend, or Glenn for that matter, Awesome, but I don't expect it.

Craig Bickford

Junior Marine

P.S. with all the people to talk to, how come I am getting so much mail? I'm not that interesting...

Scott,

Dude, if there was some way we could help, we would do so in an instant.  If you ever need someone to back you guys up, especially in finding your brother, call us.

Okay, so, while technically I'm writing this, the dork sitting in the chair with me is actually asking this question, so, like, blame him.

We know you are super smart at social surveilance and stuff, and like picking out who is thinking what by all their like non-verbal clues and such, so, Kenny was wondering (ouch, don't pinch me there!) if you have seen any kinda "closer than friends" connections or like glances that might indicate like if some of the guys kinda like each other a bit more than just friends or..(ouch, okay, I'll ask him, just stop pinching!)  or like if any of them want to be boyfriends?  Just saying, you know, cuz like dangerous situations and working so closely with each other and saving lives and fighting and all that, well, it brings you closer and makes you live in the moment more. 

Anyways, if you need like some supernatural breaking & entering done to help find your brother and like other kids in need, give us a call and we'll be there with a whole army of Changelings, maybe even scrounge up some big woofers, too.

Robby and Kenny, aka, Sir Robyn the Blue and Kay Neth the Steel Eyed, esquire

Canterbury, Massachusets 0183ohwouldn'tyouliketoknow

Robby,

First off it sounds like Kenny needs an attitude adjustment. I bet a few of us could develop some thin shock pads to make him keep his hands to himself, or some glue pads that only activate when skin oil touches them, so when he tries to pinch you he comes back with an ultra sticky pad stuck to his fingers then when he tries to pull it off more fingers get stuck. There are ways around obnoxious interrupters like that... Just saying...

Anyway, you want my take on the group as a whole, here it is: Justin is totally enamored with Craig for reasons I just don't get. Ricky is afraid of his own shadow, and actually so is Joey. Glenn looks up to Craig as a big brother, which I kind of do get, and Alexander is about as standoffish as they come. Out of any of us, Keith is the most outgoing and friendly of us and Steven has that aura of confidence that I wish I had, hell, I think 99.99% of the world wishes they had, but he doesn't seem to see it, or maybe just doesn't care. But out of any of them I actually like Alexander the best since he is cocky on a level I kind of wish I was. The problem is Something is really eating at Alexander, it is in his eyes, in his head movements, in his stance and in his temper. Justin is probably the hardest of the group to read other than his intense desire to have Craig as a friend. Justin is also tough in a mental way. Actually, he is probably the second toughest of us mentally right behind Steven.

You may find this strange, but I actually think Glenn may be the toughest of us physically and I am certain in overall brain power it is either Glenn or Steven at the top with the other a close second.

Scott

Hi Glenn:

I was wondering.  Your hovercraft basically floats by pushing air against the ground, right?  Do you think it is scientifically possible to make one that floats through, say, by pushing against the earth's magnetic field or something?  There are some guys in our universe who are made some kind of https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ew4Y5HLyT6c, but I think it is just special effects or something.  

Oh yeah, do you like to read comic books, or do you do science things 24/7? I'm a fan of Aaron Williams' PS238 (will you hate me if my mental image of you is Zodon?  Except not evil of course!)  My parents tell me comic books are a waste of time and I should just do my homework or something  :(

I hope you guys will come out of this mess in one piece!

P.S. If you can do anything you want to Asswood (alone) in the next 10 minutes, what would you do?

Zeke Griffin, Juan's biggest fan

Zergrinch,

There have been some discussion on finding a better way to make the chair hover. Unfortunately, we seen to be up to our necks in Ashwoodian skumbags at the moment and really need to focus on the hear and now. Once we get Ashwood out, and I am betting he is going to go after my family because they live where he has total control, so we will find a way to get him... anyway, we will figure out a better power system at some point. I be we will figure out all sorts of cool stuff once we can sit down and just toss out ideas and have a fully stocked lab to play in.

Comic books, no, but I wish I could. Dad and Mom both say I have too much brain power to dumb myself down with 'junk' which in their minds includes comics, fantasy, and spy novels, but I do manage to take in a good spy novel once in a while, but have to use a book report excuse if I am caught with it. I don't think anything that gets anyone to read is a waste. What is a real waste is sitting down and playing a game station for hours on end. Once in a while is great and fun, plus can help hand eye coordination, but to play the way most kids do- every day as much as they can- no wonder there are so many fat kids.

The last question is actually the hardest one. I want to hurt him bad, but I really don't thank that would be the way to really punish him. ( of all of us I think I am the only one who thinks this way) The more I am finding out the more I would like to take everything he owns away form him, put him in a set of used clothing, and stick him on the street with no money and no access to money or power in some huge third world city. Make him live as the poorest of the poor for the rest of his life. That would be real justice IMO

Glenn

EEL Science Contest Winner.

Glenn,

My father would (and will) find a way to skim riches and control over even the poorest of the poorest.  He never has, does not now, nor will he ever stop thinking only of himself and what he can get from our great country and its people.  In office or not, so long as he is alive he will take for his own good and well-being.

Lawrence J Ashwood

Missssss Gambra

I am an emisssssary of a Sssssorcccceror named Zergrinch. He isssss a ssssseeker of knowledge and hopessss you will find thessssse sssssslaves to your liking. He wishesssssss to assssssk three quesssssstionssss of you.

Firssssst, he wantssss to know what delineatessss ssssstandard magic and the dark artsssss. Clearly both varietiessss can eassssily kill, sssssso it'ssss clearly not related to intent or the taking of life. Issss there a clear border or issss it primarily sssssubjective?

Sssssecond, there are dark magesssss and mysticssss. Isssss thisssss alssssso applicable to all the other guilded fieldssss, sssssuch assss Sssssorcccccerorsssss, Ssssswordssssmen, Animal Adeptsssss, and Shamen?

Finally, he wishessss to commune with the reccccccently deccccccceassssed and wantssss to know if there isssss any magic ssspell or reagent that can asssssisssst with thissss endeavor? He isssss prepared to pay handssssomely any feessss you might require for the information.

Assss an assssside, I have a quessssstion I would like to posssse to you, if you don't mind: It isssss my exxxxxperienccccce that all beingsssss have complexxxxx motivationssssss and are never alwayssss purely good or evil. Rumorsssss abound of your "great evil" and I wasssss wondering if you could share sssssome of the factorsssss that drive you to do the thingssss you have reputedly done.

I thank you for your audienccccce, great mage, and look forward to conveying your wisssssdom to my princccccipal.

Ssssslythe

Slythe,

You must be lizard or Dragon born. Most of you are smart enough to stay away from words with so many S's. This mean you either don't care how annoying it is or you haven't been in to many cites. One way or the other, if you are interested in the Black Arts, you need to learn how to blend in better. The best Weapon a user of Dark Arts has, besides the power of the magic itself is no sticking out. this why when it is used it has a further effect of keeping the targets off guard.

As for digging into the Black Arts, you are totally missing the point if you think they are about death, they are about life. Yes, you read this correctly, they are about life. The Dark Arts uses life to increase and enhance magic since much of magic is primal in nature all it needs is a spark to become something more, something alive. However, this living extension needs to feed and this, dear Slythe, is where the game begins. For by playing with something that wants to come alive by feeding, the caster is pulling part of the magic through the outer realms, normally one of the 9 planes of Hell or one of the 666 planes of the Abyss. For it is in these places where the suffering souls of those being tormented by the spirits within want to link to the magic being cast in an attempt to escape their torment. They want to come to a realm where they can live (or at least escape) and they can do this by swapping places with those they are attacking and trying to feed on.

However, and this is the fun part, those pieces of those entities do not want to go back after the spell ends, so they try to manifest here. The vast majority of the time, the spells, the Dark Arts incantations and the bits and pieces of the suffering that comes through the lower planes do not find enough life-force to fully enter this world, so before the spell fades totally, it realizes it has been tricked and can, and often times does, try to turn on the caster. Also, since all Dark Arts spells have a hint of life to them, they can be attacked and repelled or defeated. This, dear Slythe, is what happened to the former Day Slave Overseer when the little bastard, Conner fired off a smoke puff at the spell my overly zealous trainee cast at the homeless Elf whelp. The smoke triggered a fear reaction since my trainee pulled the lifeforce out of the dog, sent it into the flames of the first plane of Hell, and back at Conner. Because the bits and pieces of life were terrified of fire, the slight intellect of the spell basically blamed my trainee for sending into smoke, which to the spell meant fire, and turned on him. Such a silly mistake. One should know not to play with fire unless you really know how to use it, afterall. I should have just killed Conner in the Mage guild the day I offered to train him and he refused. It was such a waste of a slave boy to show him just how much power magic had then to spit in my face and refuse my offer to make him my apprentice. The gall of the lad! Oh, well, I have found ways to get some revenge. Sooner or later we will meet and I will send him to the outer planes, of this there is no doubt!

As for Dark Arts in other Fields, Have you never heard of an Animal Adept with a Imp for a pet or a Sorcerer who pulls the strands of magic out of the Abyss? If you work for a Sorcerer, he is either quite dim, (unlikely) or he is testing you to see if you can figure out the obvious. Magic flows though every plane, and a Sorcerer who really studies and focuses in on finding the deeper, darker power can find the threads of mage which cross from our realm into the reams of the Abyss and use them. Of course, there is a price, since those threads will try to pull back and take part of this realm back with it, which is why a smart Dark Sorcerer ties himself to a focus, much like a Dark Mage ties a spell page to a living being. this way if the spell backfires or becomes sentient then there is a buffer. Besides, by using up a person's inner spark, it enhances the spell and makes it more likely bits of pieces of the tormented will latch on since they feel life. They can then toss this life spark into the Abyss or Hell and will not be missed as they flee. This is also why the focus or spell slave withers with each and every casting. 

As for why, silly little Slythe, the reasons are three fold, first is power, raw power. The second is the thrill of doing the forbidden, and the third is something you cannot understand until you have cast a true Dark Arts spell. As you rip a piece of life out of a spell slave, the essences passes thorough you and you can feel their agony, their torment, and even hear their scream. It is so joyous to hold the life spark and feel it tremble in fear within you. You can also get images of what the spell slave is longing for. This give the caster the ability to go back and tease them, to torment them in person and have them beg for the spell page owner to kill them. This is a power you cannot know or feel, Slythe, until you have held a piece of a person's life spark in your body and it is better than sex!

and next time you best address me properly, it is Queen Gambra to you, lizard kind.

And this, dear knowledge seekers, is why it is beyond dangerous to ask certain characters certain questions. You might just get a peak into a place where the door should never have been cracked open to begin with.

Lord Anarton

Lord Anarton,

You're suggesting we just shoot through the door without making certain whose on the other side?   A tad bit irresponsible, don't you think?

Paul Koken

Paul Koken???

I have not seen many with two names in my life and I know most royals who do. I do not know this name, so I apologize in not know what title to call you.

I detect a bit of youthful exuberance in you. Curiosity can be fatal if used haphazardly. Shooting though a door, as you say, is a good way to get cooked by the fire which may be on the other side. However, before you open the door at all you should check the handle to see if it is too hot to hold. If it is, the door should remain closed.

This, good Paul Koken, is exactly what the handle of the door to the Dark Arts is: it is hot enough to take the skin off your hand. Keep it closed and let the fire burn itself out on the other side or chances are good you will feel the flames just like happened to the afore mentioned apprentice.

After all, there is a reason Dark Arts users are put to death in even the most vile of kingdoms.

Lord Anarton

Lord Anarton,

You make some special deal over my having two names, but where I come from two or even three names is the norm.  The only title I take is Guardian, the only address I require is my name.  If you need something more formal to be comfortable, I pity your world.  Address me as Paul, or if truly necessary Mr. Koken.

Are you familiar with the all-to-false aphorism "where there's smoke, there's fire?"  Somehow I suspect you've never been on the wrong side of that particular phrase.  In my experience, what 'everyone knows' is all to often incomplete, or even outright false.  'Dark Arts' is an easy label to apply, and even easier to apply in error.  Knowledge may not be comfortable, but it is only in asking that one can understand the truth.  This 'Gambra' has, by her own words, sighed her death warrant if our paths ever cross, and for all my discomfort my increased understanding of her and her arts can only help my soul rest easier should I ever be given the opportunity to execute said death warrant.  And better yet, knowing her will make that execution all the easier, for she herself proclaims her weaknesses.  This isn't youthful exuberance.  This is the wisdom gathered in ten years of battle against the forces of the Dark in my own realm, where the boundary between light and dark is never as clear as you think before you enter the twilight.  Hence the importance of asking, learning, and understanding.

Let me close with a quote that happens to be a favorite of mine, and one that perhaps you will benefit from.  The only way to get pertinent information is to ask impertinent questions.

Paul Koken

Guardian,

I really hate when communications, need to magically travel to another realm which I have no knowledge of.

However, I think I would be remiss by not pointing out the one who discussed her knowledge of the Dark Arts was beyond careful. Can you point out a single spot where she admits do doing anything other than threaten Conner, and should she try, my bet is the door handle will be too hot for her to handle and she would be better off leaving that door closed just like I recommend you do the same to the door of the Dark Arts.

As far as being on the wrong side of the smoke and fire phrase, you could not be more wrong. I lost my son because I was on the wrong side of that aptly coined phrase.

And while ten years of combat is getting toward gaining wisdom, I must profess it takes more then ten years of fighting to really understand combat. Otherwise there would be many many young generals, and there are not. Why? because ten years is simply not enough.

Keep fighting the good fight, but when you do get burned by the wrong questions, do yourself a favor, learn from it. For it is not the getting burned that is the failure, it is the failure to learn the fire is hot that allows the foolish to repeat a process and expect a different outcome.

Lord Anarton