Kyle Aarons: Ask a Character:

Kyle Aarons

To: Telecon, BEARS 97
To: Cadet-Major Joel Price, Blood's Honor
To: Robin Lerrik, O'Connell's Grenadiers
To: Premier Kandric

Hi guys!  I'm a student of psychiatry from a realm different from yours.  Basically, I study how people behave, and why they behave that way.  Believe it or not, you're all pretty pivotal people in your respective dimensions.  

So basically, I'd like to get to know all of you better.  But!  Instead of asking you all direct questions, I'd like to ask you indirectly.  I have here a list of six quotations.  Can you tell me what you think about them, and whether you agree with them or not?

Here is the list:
  1. All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
  2. The weak exist as food for the strong: the strong live, the weak die.
  3. Do not do to others what you don't want others to do to you.
  4. I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul.
  5. Nature surpasses nurture.
  6. Girls are gross.

Thanks a bunch!

Zachary Gordon

Zackary,

Huh,

talk about being caught off guard...

My, my... Dimension... well there is a new one for me.

I am betting you are expecting someone else to answer this, but you did send it to the squadron, Bears 97 as a second option and since I am inside the squadron  and Josh is on vacation with Rex, USDT command forwarded it to me. Also Valda is out with a few of the others on a school trip, so you get stuck with me. Besides, after coming up with my Augment name, there are a few in USDT that think I have some of the heightened intelligence like Josh so I would know what to do with extra-dimensional communications. (thanks for providing a link so I can send this and rest assured I will let Josh know about all this so he can try to trace it.

so answers.... I need to tie in 1,2 & 5 into a single answer because they are so inner related) the whole question/questions is/are BS. Nature and Nurture are parts of a whole. Attitude and what one chooses to do with it is all that really determines good and evil. there are lots of well raised people who do great evil and there are badly abused kids who do great good. the real problem is humanity as a whole is not good. look at any four year old on a playground who doesn't get his or her way- people are selfish, egotistical, and greedy. without laws and people to enforce them, humanity would wipe itself out. there are a few who rise above this din of humanity to create a place worth living in and there are a few under them who try to keep the order so everyone can find their own nitch within the human condition. Look at mob mentality, look at how few will pick up and phone and call when they hear someone screaming for help, look at those who drive by an auto accident while only being glad it wasn't them, look at drunk drivers who care more about the booze they consume than those on the road, or walking next to the road. this is the human condition and there is noting to study. humanity sucks at being good. Like it not, Mr. Psychologist, that is what you are trying to study. Instead you should try to figure out why a few are wiling to step up to the plate and do what needs to be done to keep the fabric of society intact.

question 3) give me a break, if no one did to others what they didn't want done to themselves cops would never be able to do their jobs, prison guards the same, heck I would have been able to beat the crap out of Bronze Age's minions... the list goes on and on. ( and this is why psychology is a waste of time. you should never bother to ask such simple questions)

Question 4) fate? nope no such thing. it is choice that brings out consequence. Choice is part of the human condition, fate is an excuse for the weak

Question 6) I am not gross, at least to non-Augment hating morons. Boys are not gross unless they are fat or obnoxious. Actually most boys are really cute!

Skye

Bears 97

Mr. Gordon,

I will answer your questions quickly because I think they are easy enough, at least in the way I see them. the real question is, are you from the place we fold though to make faster than light transportation in our fold crafts?

1) all it takes to beat evil is to stand up against it and show the truth. I don't know if this takes a good person, only a group of people willing to stand up and point out the obvious. it then takes a good leader to mobilize those that agree.

2) what is weak and what is strong? we need those weaker of mind to dig ditches and they are just a valuable as the weak of muscle but strong on brains person who came up with the end project. people have an inherent value to society. many don't chose to use what God has given them. and that is the human tragedy.

3) if this was the case a leader cannon lead. someone has to do the jobs a leader doesn't want to do  for the group being led to  succeed.

4) I am not one to buy into fate: God gave us free will and that free will determines what happens. No we cannot always control what happens because of the free will of others but normally we can influence it by our own actions and reactions.

5) this whole question mystifies me., because as I stated above God gave us free will. it is our free will that surpasses both nature and nurture.

6) No, girls are not gross, they are freaking scary! they don't tend to think normally!

Cadet Maj. Joel Price

BHJMA

Dude,

do you have any idea how much I hate school? Now you want to ask me a whole bunch of essay questions. What the hell is wrong with you?

the only one worth answering is your last one. Girls are Kick-Ass! Luna is beyond awesome and is hot to boot! there are stupid sissy girls but guess what, there are stupid and sissy boys too.

now, for your other questions- evil needs to be crushed and if I do evil to crush it, so be it. It's hard to do good when crushing evil. bad shit happens in combat if I kill a NC or four to wipe out the bad guys, then sucks to be the NCs in the way. with the bad guys gone more NCs will be able to live in some kind of peace.

come on, man, I shoot lasers and bullets at other frames and they do it back to me and crap. that is not what I want being done to me, but it's the job, man!

I am the master of me, everyone can say the same thing. when the masters collide the best win. if that is fate, then it is what it is

life is what makes us what we are. Mom was part and where the Major got the jobs was part. I am part and those around me are part. there is no whole. Look at Dante, he is being raised by a class 1 jackass but look how he is. he is a devious little shithead with a hell of a heart. what part is him what part is how he was raised and what part is something he decided? hell if I know, but one is not more or less important then the other.

Robin Lerrik

O'Connell Grenadiers

two names,

very impressive.

your family had high hopes for you

but studying me is a waste of your time and energy. I am a swamp rat that got lucky, noting more.

Still, I would like to know what realm of the gods do you hail from...

here is my views, and they kind of all combine into one mess so I will let you take your answers out of the mess I am about to write and send out to the outer realms.

what is evil? What is good? there is seldom one without a trace of the other. Even Vondum and Bandurlok have various shades of good and Glaster has a shade of evil. You have both and one must fight for the better of one's people, which is often times the detriment of the peoples of the ones being fought. my good my be their evil, sobeit. my people are more important to me than their people are to me. the weak subjugate themselves to the strong so they may prosper or just survive. Such is the burden of the leader and the surf and the slave. Within he same line of thought even the lowest slave wants to be able to dominate another and the slave owner has to look up to something higher. I may now be a Premier, however, if you don't think I look up to Duke Mathard as a superior and a better you are out of your mind. He is so much more than me I cannot even compare myself to him.

The gods like to twist things so my fate is tied to their whims, but they do not control me so I really think I am captive to what I see as my own limitations. In simple terms we limit ourselves and that is fate of our own making but it is still our fates. This is kind of an all encompassing thing as well, where I set my limitations is a combination of where I live, how I live, and how hard I push myself plus how hard those around me are willing to push me. The gods can nudge this, but unless I notice the nudge or accept it, then I am stuck where I am at until I find the drive to do more. It kills some, as it will probably kill me at some point, but if one does not push himself, than one does not live.

as for girls, what a totally unrelated question. They are not gross: the smell of an unwashed Orc is gross.. No girls are odd, less adventurous (for the most part) and are weaker (again for the most part) boys are more fun  (in general) but I still want to grow up enough to have kids and for that girls are necessary and some have a different kind of allure than boys. but boys have more to them.... if you get my less than veiled message.... 

Premier Kandric

Wilderness Scout Black Rapids

Skye:

I was expecting inter-dimensional communication to take a few days.  Imagine my pleasant surprise to receive your response!

I'll be honest, I was expecting Josh to answer the question.  Otherwise, item # 6 wouldn't be in there!  One could say that I was lazy - I've sent the equivalent of boilerplate letters.  That question was intended for the last recipient in the "carbon copies" field in the communique, a certain “Premier Kandric”.  As I understand it, he has little to no interaction with girls his age.  I apologize if you were upset in any way by the misogynist tone in the phrase.

Your responses have been duly recorded.  Allow me to briefly explain just what I wanted to find out through your reaction to the quotations.

1. The first quotation is by a statesman who died centuries ago.  I hoped to gauge your attitude towards evil: do you react to it, or ignore it and wish it will go away.  Sadly, your observations are right that only a few are willing to step up to the plate.  Although science predicts that social beings such as humans have to exhibit a certain degree of altruism, it also struggles and loses against fear and selfishness.
  2. The second quotation is a paraphrase of the “survival of the fittest” theory pioneered by Charles Darwin.  By all indications, he should have also existed in your dimension, and you would have heard about him.  I wanted to observe your attitude towards those who are weak: are they tools to be used, or people to protect?
  3. The third quotation is a negative variation of the Golden rule, used in many religions and philosophies.  I want to measure your attitude towards reciprocity – treating others the way you want to be treated, and nothing more, nothing less.  Your application towards cops/criminals and prison guards/convicts is a little limited, but given your experiences, I can’t say I would blame you.
  4. The fourth quotation is lifted from a famous poem, now called “Invictus” (Conqueror).  I hope to observe your attitude towards predestination against free will – are we puppets who dances to the whims of fate, or are we masters of our own destiny? 
  5. The fifth quotation is the subject of a lot of scientific debate.  It is tangentially related to the fourth: are we primarily slaves to our genetics, or is upbringing more important in defining who we are?  I am quite saddened that you have a negative opinion on the inherent morality of man in general, but again, I can understand given your background.
  6. The sixth quotation is intended to measure the subject’s misogyny – aversion towards women and girls.  It is wholly inapplicable to pose towards a girl, but I guess you decided to apply it to boys!  As stated earlier, I only actually intend it for one specific person, but didn’t want to single him out by customizing the letter, as I’ve a feeling he didn’t want special treatment.

I’m a bit surprised you are interested in tracing extra dimensions.  Surely you have enough problems on your existing dimension as things stand!  In any case, far as I can tell, our version of Earth is completely mundane – we have no augments, no people with special powers who are feared by those who don’t understand them.  The closest analog I can think of are the “mutants” which exist in comic books.  In your world where such fantastic powers are commonplace, I would wager the entire “superhero” genre doesn’t exist – your world’s comics would probably have stories about pirates and magicians instead.

Truly Yours,

Zachary Gordon

Mr Gordon,

I actaully found the last question hillarious and enjoyed answering it knowing you expected to hear back from a boy.

I am currious though, are you saying your dimention has no problems or you just think this one has more than yours?

Even if you don't have Augments, do you have any other kind of human profiling in which others hate becase of a creed or kind? Do you not have criminals who kill others? If not howdo you contian basic human nature? Do you not have weak who are picked on by strong? for even in our schools there are jerks who like to torment the weaker. I can't imagine what it would be like without BEST, cuse then there would be Augments who would be at the top of the pack and teachers woudln't even be able to stop them from doing what they want.

Comics, yeah, we have comics. there are take-offs of major figures like Battlement who battle things like aliens and all sorts of crazy stuff. So far a few companies have contacted me, Colt, and Garret since we all have names and are class fives wanting to do comics with our likenesses. How crazy is that. ONly Colt wants to do it, but I think Garret might since he has become super well known as the Augment who finally dropped Bronze Age. USDT tired to stop it but a picture of him was picked up by newswires and is becomming the poster boy for both sides of a war. Why it is dangerous to have Augments in schools with Normals and why it is a good thing there are Augments like him around in schools when things go bad.

I don't think they would have contacted me at all, but a vid was put up on the net of the car slamming into me in front fo the grade school I don't know what kid took a cell phone vid, but I wish it hadn't been me on it. I am no comic boock character, I a girl. Too late though, I am noticed almost everywhere I go. Do you have those kind of problems with viral vids?

As far as tracing you, If communications can get though then people or whatever you are can, and if people or your kind can I want to know how so we can stop bad ones from doing so or at least be ready for those who do come here with ill intent.

Skye

BEARS 97

Skye:

Think of it this way: Let's say you have a tool such as a car or knife, or a weapon like a gun.  By itself, they can't hurt anyone.  In the right hands, they can help.  A car in the hands of a chauffeur, a knife in the hands of a chef, or a gun in the hands of a police officer - they can all be used in the betterment of society.  In the wrong hands however, any of these tools can kill.

However, there is a big difference.  Tools are normally extrinsic to a person - you aren't born with cars, knives or guns.  You have to acquire them somehow, and there are certain requirements or restrictions you will have to meet.  Augmentations are different - they're inherent.  Short of outright lobotomizing or severely restraining an individual, there is no way you can place limits on the use of augments.

So I'm not saying my dimension is more idyllic than yours, human nature being what it is.  We certainly have our share of criminals.  But most of them don't have, say, nuclear bombs handy.  Your dimension, in contrast, has some people who are literally living weapons of mass destruction running around.  Although BEST may do a bang-up job in most respects, there are still less restrictions in your dimension compared to ours.  

If anything, it is our dimension who has more to fear from yours.  Imagine what might happen to an unprepared world without any augments should a rogue telepath find himself there!  

I must admit I did not expect your world's comic books to still have its take on superheroes.  Logically, that would no longer be imaginary - it would be real life, and thus rather mundane.  Plus, given the amount of fear towards augments, you would think graphic novels about their adventures wouldn't sell particularly well - in most cases, parents buy comics for their kids, after all.

As for viral videos, most of them are harmless, but some aren't.  It is a shame many children here do not think that anything they release over the internet is near-impossible to take back.  What might be a good idea now, would probably be regretted years in the future.

Truly Yours,
Zachary Gordon

Cadet Maj. Joel Price

Thank you for your response.  As you might have suspected, the questions were meant to understand your personal philosophy on a few topics.  The first one tested your attitude towards evil: active or passive.  The second one tested your beliefs towards protecting or simply exploiting those weaker than yourself.  The third one tested your belief towards reciprocity - it is often called the "Golden Rule" in many religions and philosophies.  The fourth one tested your beliefs on which is stronger: destiny or free will.  The fifth one solicits your views on genes against upbringing.  The final one... well, I admit it wasn't tailored for your circumstances exactly, as you interact with girls on a daily basis!  On retrospect, I should have changed it.

To answer your question: no, I am from Planet Earth.  And before you punch my head off, let me say that I am from an alternate Earth with a much lower technology level.  In terms of the Kardeshev scale, we are sub-Type 1 - as yet unable to harness a level of power equivalent to the solar radiation hitting the planet.  We don't have faster-than-light travel, and the very idea of folding through the space-time continuum is very much the province of science fiction.

The situation you face with Earth Core in a way reminds me of a science fiction show we had, called Vandread.  In this animated show, the protagonists are the descendents of colonists from Earth.  Earth itself functioned as the main antagonists - fielding Harvester fleets to the colonized worlds to gather body parts, and ensure their own immortality.

Truly Yours,
Zachary Gordon

Mr. Gordon,

However came up with the idea of the sci-fi show you called Vandread is a sick, sick, sick individual. How could anyone find entertainment in the idea of someone collecting body parts to increase life span. All things considered, I'd rather deal with the Earth Core I have. Even worse, in my opinion, is you say it was animated which means kids would be interested in it by its very nature. Did this creator get arrested or banished or something?

Cadet Major Joel Price

BHJMA

Mr. Gordon,

I think what you see as dangerous and what I see as dangerous are two different things. I worry about things like viruses coming over or someone with the idea of collecting DNA to take back and start infusing your people with genetics from our world to create his or her own super soldiers.

I worry about someone from your dimension coming and pulling off the criminals we have on the islands and setting them all loose on us. Dozens of innocents were killed up here in Montana by a few hostile Augments. I would hate to think what would happen if a portal from your dimension opened up on one of the islands and then gave them a pathway to someplace like St. Louis.

It is fears like this at are going to cause Josh and me to work with USDT to understand the communications you are using to contact us and build some kind of disruptor so these kinds of things cannot happen.

For while you may worry about one of us getting to your world, I have now seen enough to know what a single Normal can do and it can be just as terrifying as me tossing a Camaro at someone.

Skye

BEARS 97 

Cadet Maj. Joel Price

Locked up?  Not really, as I recall it was a highly-rated show back when it ran.  It was a "soap opera in space" with an interesting take on the common "boy meets girl" trope.  You might be overreacting to the description - the Earthlings were intended to come across as complete monsters who killed people to keep themselves immortal.  In any narrative, you need a really compelling villain in order for the hero to shine.  Harvesting might sicken you, but the actual process was not shown on-screen at all, and the series was mostly lighthearted in nature.

That's not to say all animated fare was tame, of course.  There's an entire genre out there which I should not be telling minors about, and the less you know about it, the better!

Truly Yours,

Zachary Gordon

Mr. Gordon,

Having Earth Core trying to take the entire galaxy by force so everyone bows to the emperor is bad enough. But, hey if your alternate reality is fine with it being entertainment that some group wants to take and harvest body parts, I am just glad I am not there.

Cadet Major Joel Price

BHJMA

• 7 months later...

FNU,

I will start with the last question first, because there is no easy answer. There area a dozen primary languages: English, Russian, French, Spanish, Portuguese , Chinese, Japanese, German, Arabic, Hebrew,  Korean, and Hindi. Many other languages are local dialects to one of the major 12 and there are still bastions of other languages such as Turkish, and Polish, but those are confined to a single CHZ at this point. It is well known, however, that there are towers where people speak other languages just within the tower or couple of surrounding towers. Some people never leave the towers they were born in, or do so very infrequently. This means hybrid dialects have emerged within towers. For instance in my own tower, there is a word I have never heard anywhere else, it is 'grust'. Gurst is when there is a break in a water pipe and the backup pumps take over and pump up gross rusty smelling water into the system. This means large areas of our tower were grusted. Dad has been trying to get them to replace the filters in the backup pumps for as long as I have been alive, but they are on like the first or second floor and would be a nightmare to get to, so no one is willing to allot the money for it. So every couple of months, there is another grusting. If I say it outside my tower, no one knows what I am talking about, but everyone in my tower does. I hope that answers the language question.

As for the second part of your question, I really don't think I have enough of an idea to really say. I know we can't have the CHZ's fighting with each other for resources, or there would be a massive war.  We also can't have a CHZ break off and flip off the rest of the CHZ's. we all need each other to be nice or what we have built will fall apart. On the other hand, I now know what it is like at street level. What I have heard and seen from my SLO friends is terrible. For people to feel it is better to live like Fairfax and Ajax than to live in the lower parts of towers makes me think there are way bigger problems. But taking from others so one CHZ can life better while other CHZ's suffer isn't right either. I know Ajax says a massive horrible war would be for the best since it would kill off billions and leave more for the people that are left. The problem is I sure wouldn't want to be one of the many billions dead, so... finding another planet and expanding outward is really the only logical choice I guess...

D1245XW

Robin

• 4 months later...

well, I am going to try once again to bump this thread up and hope that people take advantage of the chance to talk to some of my characters. Once again, it is not only fun for me to do this, but it helps me get into the character on a deeper level. If there is a way to get me to churn out more of one story or another it would be to get my head into the characters' mindsets. It also helps me to develop the world in question better. Please take advantage of this thread and help me. I bet other authors feel the same...

• 2 months later...

Dear Kandic,

I have been struggling about how something works in your world, and hope that you can explain it to me.  Your world seems to work on the principle that might makes right.  I know that you have been upset by how others treated you when they didn't realize how powerful you are, but it seems like you did the same to Lacate.  Can you confirm that might makes right in your world, and how you deal with it?

Thanks,

Jor

Both of us? huh, theris more than one Robin? I've never heard of one. It's a girly name and...

Girly name? What the hell do you mean girly name? I'll show you girly name, You'll be squealing like a sissy Earth Core framer want-a-be!

A what? I'm on Zong not Earth.

Zong, where the hell in the galaxy is Zong?

a jumpgate trip from Earth. You know, the only other fully inhabitable world other than Earth.

are you taking though time or something? There are thousands of fully habitable worlds out here. The Alien Fold Gates gave us acess to pretty much the entire galaxy.

the what? who are you?'

the one you are saying has a sissy name. I'm Robin and I'm on New Bravaria.

Well I'm Robin and I'm on Zong.

Well, we don't have a sissy name.

Yes we do.

No we don't and I've proven it. I've gone into battle.

yes we do, and I'm training to go out on a rescue mission to find lost ISTAZers.

A what? Oh, never mind. It sounds pretty important and if you are out on a rescue mission than you are proving I don't have a sissy name.

Whatever, I still think it sounds pretty sissy. But hey, drive on, Robin.

You too, Robin.

Arise!  Arise, dread lord Blathamort! Arise and serve your new Lord and master! Mwahahahaha!  

Wait, what's that?  You can't?  No physical form...?  

Damn, I suppose it was worth a try. I was told this spell resurrects the dead, but I suppose the price was suspiciously cheap.  *Grumble* I'm going to have words with that halfling witch.

Sorry 'bout that, looks like I just have to let you rest in peace again.  Or in pieces, heh.

But while we're here, how about answering a few of my burning questions? Burning?  Get it?  Heh heh.

Oh yes, rumor has it that you were killed by a half-elf with the equivalent age of 11... What's up with that? How does a Great Dragon go about losing to the lesser races like that? And a child at that? From the slums? What were you thinking when he killed you? 

Ah, of course. Did you know there is a Black Dragon civil war between your son and your grand nephew? Just between the both of us, who would have been your successor?

One more question, and I'll let you pass on to your reward. Or punishment as the case may be.  Black dragons, you know. What kind of gift did you give to the one who slayed you? Don't be shy, we all know that such giftings occur.

Now, off you go, Great King. Relax... Rest... All is well....

An anonymous Necromancer wannabe

Edited by Zergrinch

• 3 weeks later...

from the depths of the realms of Kryploc.... Grrrrrrrrrr.........

Take your puny spell and shove it oh dabbler of magic. Tell you what, why don't you go against the little *%#&@)(^!)*^$%^!()#!#&%($&!*%^#!(*&.... Huh, well ^&^(&)(^%()&)*%$^@_)$@_&, it won't let me say what I really want to call the... the... um... well ^(&$%#*()(*#*()(*%... Let's just call him the little creep what he is now calling himself, Premier.

Keep in mind, dabbler of Magic, I was not the first Great to fall to this Premier, I was the second and thus he had the powers of his first kill within him. I was not simply going against the Premier, I was fighting the Dragon Death Gifting of the Great Green female. So if you want to ask your question, why not ask the Green whore who fell to him first. Me I fell to a Premier! After you do so, go find this Premier and slap him in the face so you can join me down here and I can amuse myslef with your afterlife for a second to two."

• 1 year later...
On 1/3/2016 at 11:28 PM, mjh66 said:

Dear Kandic,

I have been struggling about how something works in your world, and hope that you can explain it to me.  Your world seems to work on the principle that might makes right.  I know that you have been upset by how others treated you when they didn't realize how powerful you are, but it seems like you did the same to Lacate.  Can you confirm that might makes right in your world, and how you deal with it?

Thanks,

Jori

Unfortunately it looks like your question slipped through the cracks. I have reason to believe that your suspicion is correct. Here is a quote of Kyle as Kandric, answering one of my questions:

The weak subjugate themselves to the strong so they may prosper or just survive. Such is the burden of the leader and the serf and the slave. Within the same line of thought, even the lowest slave wants to be able to dominate another, and the slave owner has to look up to something higher. 

Simply put, it does appear that this is a world where might makes right. However, this is also where your direct comparison between Kandric and Lacate falls.

Yes, it is very true Kandric despised being mistreated, but I'm sensing the anger lies in being perceived as weak simply because he was a swamp dweller and not because of his own failings. Kandric, subscribing to a might makes right mindset, surely does not see himself as weak, and therefore is chafing at the maltreatment.

As such, his poor treatment of Lacate is not hypocritical, but actually supports this worldview. Recall that Lacate has shown himself to be weak, by virtue of his actions. Kandric is treating Lacate poorly not because he thinks Lacate is weak, but because he knows for sure that Lacate is weak and spineless.

So, my best guess of the answer to your questions are: yes, might makes right in his world (just look at what Vondum gets away with when he rampaged in Slome), and the way Kandric deals with it is to accept and perpetuate it to an extent.

• 11 months later...

Somehow this thread did not update for me until the post by Sir Kaius on Tuesday: my apologies for missing a year old post.

MJH66,

You seem to think it is only about might. Might is nothing without the brains to use it. I could pump more force into spells only to waste it, because no matter how much I pump in, the magic defiance of the target is still there. One has to look past the power, past the magic, past the norm. Glaster taught me the best and most powerful only stay there when they use intellect against opponents. This keeps those who wish to me downgussing, and if they are guessing I already have an advantage... I have stoked inside them a measure of fear. This is the one thing Vondum truly has nailed down. Fear is the biggest weakness, and if I slide in even a sliver of it into those I face then I have the biggest baddest and most powerful thing there is. Now if you apply this to Lacate, he is no more of a being the the boy Vondum has kept for decades. He is a toy, and deserves to be treated as one. It was he who thought I was afraid of him, his family, his wealth. He used fake power to cut me out of providing for my brothers and sister. He did all of this from a  totally fake position of power, hiding behind his father and his family's wealth. 

Lacate is now a tool to embarrass his entire line, to cripple a family that thought it was untouchable. My use of him is enjoyable,  the same way my use to Glaster was enjoyable. However, my use for Lacate goes much further. For if those in Slome see what I have done to Lacate and by proxy his family, those who thought they had power will see the truth and be afraid. Yes, he is cute. Yes, Ilike the fact I am paying him back for every barb he set my way. Yes, I enjoy knowing he is forced to show just what a nothing he really is,  and yes, there is pleasure in being able to do what I what when I want to him. But far more important is the message my treatment of him will send to those in Slome and the surrounding lands about being careful about who they look down on. I'm betting there will be a different vibe from the merchants and concilmen of Slome when dealing with a halfbreed or swamper going forward.

Kandric

Sir Kaius,

First off it is not a family! I am not the family type and never will be. But fate has made me responsible these whelps. That makes them part of my pack. By nature, a werewolf is pack oriented, but I am not a normal werewolf. Actually, more than a few have questioned me even being a werewolf, instead, i am some sort of loner hybrid.  They may be right. However, if fate and Eel decide I am to accept more into this rag-tag mob I am reluctantly calling a pack, what difference does sex make (unless it is a female werewolf old enough to be, then things could get interesting... She could be my main squeeze, take over as pack mom, and let me go kick ass my way).

However, with what I seem to be collecting in this pack continues, I'll certainly end up with some girl who will catch they eye of one of the boys and cause me a new round of grief I want nothing to do with. With any luck she'll be the the Joan of Arc type and pussy whip the crap out of the boys. That would, be worth the price of admission into this pack!!!!

Cinder