Metamorphosis

Zach Caldwell

To tell you the truth, there is a team of people who read through this many times before you get to see it. I write it, but that's only the beginning of the adventure. Then I have to do battle with continuity editors and archivists and dark wizards to defend each quirky turn of phrase and the placement of every questionable piece of punctuation. It's a hard fought battle, and not all my story ideas survive. You notice that there aren't any vampires in Kettle Falls, need I say more?

And, as far as keeping track of everything, I try. But every now and then I'll remember that I left one group hanging somewhere and never got back to them. Then everyone in the house can hear me going, "Oh hell! Shit! Shit! Shit!" as I try to bring that group's activities up to date. You get to see the finished product, but there's a lot of struggle behind the scenes to make sure that no one gets left out.

(and the Dark Wizard I was talking about is Roland... I don't know a better way to describe him, right now.)

• 4 weeks later...

Hmmm. I seem to be a couple of chapters ahead? In any case. Chapter 27 has a wonderful treatment of addiction, that could provide both knowledge and hope to anyone who might find himself or herself in that situation: thoughtful, insightful, gentle. Thank you.

I'm sorry it took me so long to get back to you. I check the forum nearly every day. I don't know how I missed your comment.

Thank you. I'm glad you approve of my handling of the subject. I was attempting to show Carson's situation as being an unavoidable consequence of his pain management and not as being some sort of a failure on his part. Also, I wanted to show that having honest and encouraging people supporting him might be a more productive way of helping him deal with his situation than casting blame and shaming him.

I'll do my best to continue to represent his situation in a thoughtful way.

Ok, to be totally honest, this story was not next on my list but for some reason I started to read it and I am so glad I did! It drew me in immediately and now I am hooked even though I just have read one chapter. Now that is writing when the hook is set deeply in only one chapter. I have lots of chapters to look forward to to and MultiMapper, my not getting my chores done the next few days is entirely your fault!

Ok, to be totally honest, this story was not next on my list but for some reason I started to read it and I am so glad I did! It drew me in immediately and now I am hooked even though I just have read one chapter. Now that is writing when the hook is set deeply in only one chapter. I have lots of chapters to look forward to to and MultiMapper, my not getting my chores done the next few days is entirely your fault!

Glad to help.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hehe. I'm glad you enjoyed that. 

Many months ago I was approached and asked if I were interested in having Art in my story. Of course, I said 'yes'. 

I don't know what kind mentions were made in the other stories about him, I didn't want to know. I wanted his character to be viewed as a 'Chicago Shelter Kid' with an undisclosed past.

Nuff said. The secret is out, so there's no doubt that new adventures await him.

MM

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...