Reports of the Weird & Accounts of the Strange Issue #3 - Those to be Forgiven

Thank you for taking the time to comment and I hope you continue to enjoy it Jay.  While the whole RoftW&AotS is very much based in pulp fiction (hence the issues format) this is the first story where I've really tried to mimic that pulp noir style.  And while certainly a detective story; the same shadows that lie over the Halpin Hope stories are present here, somewhere... not telling you where just yet though :) .

Well we got a for sure " who done it ". It looks as if forty years may have passed but Donny has not been forgotten. The Cops at the time did very little till it was to late. That still dose not the case go away. Some reason why after so many years you needed to be careful. Must be some in high or very low places do not want it looked into. Why that is, who knows but it mite be a good idea to fined out. Till next we return to find out, maybe.

One of the many things that I loved about the best (and worst!) of the really crappy secondhand paperback detective pulp novels I'd pick up; was just how much that could be thrown at the protagonist so I excitedly went that route too.  The kitchen sink will be joining in the party a little later :).  I'm super happy that your digging the story @Jay and hope that you continue to do so as Ramsay gets neck deep in trouble.

A very entrenching chapter. It makes you want to know more than before. The weed seed was a for sure a surprise. Must be some weed that is. I just do not get the broken hand? Now they are on their way no NC. Wonder what they will find. This who did it story just gets better each time than the last.

The Hand? Think back to "The Godfather" and offers that can't be refused...

Spoiler Alert!! Don't peak unless you are sure you want to be told....

Spoiler

If you have read the other two Issues of Ellio's magazine, then the weed seeds should ring a very loud bell.

Edited by Al Norris
Added an alert

Now we are in Goldsboro, NC at Penny's Dinner. I do not know but I think I would have slapped Packman for watching poen on his phone. That just would not go over well in public in the south. As two Yankees asking about a local man would have sent up red flags. I am surprised he got as much information as he did. Now that they plan on following Johnny Ives back to where he lives. In small towns not much traffic is seen. Who are they going to follow him and not be noticed? We have to see next we return.