Educating Max

Zach Caldwell

I wasnt sure with everything goin on in my life but i had to see the ending love it :) it was perfect and maybe leves it open for more I'll wait for the second book :) great story realy enjoyed it even if i am in kinda a funky mood it perked me up :) thanks 

For those who are worried, there is a second Max story in the works.  This time written from Max's point of view rather than the "committee" that sort of wrote Educating Max.  Also, other members of the Canterbury Knights will be stepping forwards.  Sometimes the last place you look is where you find what you really need, no matter how hairy that might get.  :D

For those who are worried, there is a second Max story in the works.  This time written from Max's point of view rather than the "committee" that sort of wrote Educating Max.  Also, other members of the Canterbury Knights will be stepping forwards.  Sometimes the last place you look is where you find what you really need, no matter how hairy that might get.  :D

writ faster then  :P LOL  :lol:  Seriously though don't push it, I'd rather wait a year then see a half done job :) 

I almost agree with Jamie but the most I can wait is 6 months or half a year whichever comes first.  :D  :P LOL

Seriously do prefer the story be just as good as if not better than this one.

Really, do you think he can write ANYTHING poorly? And I'm sure he's working on the next segment of Max's story already.

At least I HOPE he is.

• 3 weeks later...

Sometimes having no time to read is a good thing, grin... This was next on my list to read but the demands of the day pushed it down. To read all the angst about it possibly not ending happily and now that D'Artagnon says there will be a second Max book, I can rest assured when I do read this, I can enjoy it fully, grin....

D'Artagnon, do you have a "Master Spreadsheet" where you keep all characters and plots straight? I don't know you do it, with all the characters you create. Are they running around loose in your brain causing havoc? grin....

Sometimes having no time to read is a good thing, grin... This was next on my list to read but the demands of the day pushed it down. To read all the angst about it possibly not ending happily and now that D'Artagnon says there will be a second Max book, I can rest assured when I do read this, I can enjoy it fully, grin....

D'Artagnon, do you have a "Master Spreadsheet" where you keep all characters and plots straight? I don't know you do it, with all the characters you create. Are they running around loose in your brain causing havoc? grin....

I KNOW. I have two to four characters and get the names screwed up. Of course I'm dyslexic and that is a serious problem when I'm writing anyways. But . . . Damn. He writes about everybody in town. I use one note and when I add a new character I write who they are, a description and how they relate to the story. And I still screw the pooch. Head says one name fingers write another. Go figure. I think if I was writing I'd have hooves on the wrong body. D'Artagnon is amazing. Even if I can't spell his name right without looking twice.

Wow, what a concept.  A master spread sheet.  Damn, i need a secretary.

In answer, no.  Nothing formal anyways.  The events, patterns, characters, plot points, all that... in the brain.

Which explains why things take so long.

And if D'Artagnon is too much a mouthful (er, save that!) Robby will suffice.

I'd guess they are all his kids LOL  and all their friends  man I could never do that I have a problem just posting here whithout massive typos and shite like that.  let alone keep a train of thought, but I can write good games for D&D  corse i have to raed them so it's easir for me cuase i can read my scribbles LOL at least this crosses the i's and dots the T's  :-P 

Robby, first of all, thank you for allowing me to use your name. It is an honor to be on a first name basis with you. I would not have presumed to use it without your blessing. Just raised in the military where you called everyone Sir or Ma'am or else their rank, unless told to call them something else and that habit never has left me.

I wonder if taking the time to create a "Summary Spreadsheet" would be a benefit to you. Guess you would have to weigh out the time spent creating and updating it against time lost remembering it all when needed. Actually it sounds like a fun project for someone to read through your stories and create a summary. Too bad I don't have Excel or Word on my IPad. I miss Word and Excel, sigh. I am done with four chapters of my first story and I know I have to go back and see what I called a character in a previously chapter! Can't imagine how you do it with all your stories and characters, Robby.

Robby, just curious: do you write a new chapter on each different story in a "round robin" manner, so all are written on equally, or you write on a story as the writing muse wills and have no real "schedule"?

Whut R dis skedoole you spake ov?

There really isn't a set pattern to how I write chapters out.  Sometimes they practically write themselves and I can have chapters ready fairly quickly.  Sometimes you have to take a break between one project and another, keep the creative juices flowing.

In the case of Educating Max and Coupe, the chapters posted here are actually about 10 to 8 years old.  There was a big gap in stories for a while there, but I've been back at it within the last several years, writing things here and there into different story groupings and genres.  Some of it will appear here.  Some, well, we'll see. 

Whut R dis skedoole you spake ov?

There really isn't a set pattern to how I write chapters out.  Sometimes they practically write themselves and I can have chapters ready fairly quickly.  Sometimes you have to take a break between one project and another, keep the creative juices flowing.

In the case of Educating Max and Coupe, the chapters posted here are actually about 10 to 8 years old.  There was a big gap in stories for a while there, but I've been back at it within the last several years, writing things here and there into different story groupings and genres.  Some of it will appear here.  Some, well, we'll see. 

No no no no no, this won't do at all. Everything comes here, and your focus needs to be squarely on the continuance of the saga. We'll ask King Roland to issue a Royal PIA proclamation stating so.

Do I hear a "So mote it be?"