I feel we lost some authors

Wizard

I feel we have some authors that have left us behind but its quite possible for them since they now have published work.

For example Arthur has been back posted 1 new chapter of Drummer boy and that's all I remember him posting since the story has been published on amazon.

Same for Kyle Aarons Matthews who has several great stories on here unfinished but he is also published and he might be working on other work that will be published as well.

Btw anyone here bought any of our authors published work I am wondering?

I have not so far but always intend to do it one of these days.

Anyone else knows any authors that have disappeared on us?

On 5/8/2020 at 1:55 AM, Wizard said:

Btw anyone here bought any of our authors published work I am wondering?

I did once add a self-published book when purchasing on Amazon, it was a little disappointing in that the quality was that of a story published online. In other words a good story peppered with some errors and not great formatting. Saying that might actually be unfair to the stories published here, because a lot are much better presented. On the other hand the book was very cheap to buy, but it wasn't worth more than a few dollars. 

I very much doubt you could make any money from self-publishing, like any successful book or film you need publicity. My preference is not to go there, rather publish online for free, but I guess it is kind of nice to hold a physical paperback book, which you have written, in your hands. I doubt I would buy anyone else's self-published book, but Amazon makes money from it!

3 hours ago, Wolfhighlander said:

I visited with a few of our authors a couple of years ago and got Kyle to sign my copy of his book.

You know, I think there is a market for that, I'd love a signed copy of a real book I've enjoyed on my bookshelf. Only problem, I couldn't afford to travel to America and I don't have a book shelf :smiley-bounce022:  But I'd still treasure a signed copy, if I could get one!