Ashes of Fate: Season 2

Castle Herald

• 11 months later...

Thanks, Cynus, for another great story.

Spoiler

Allowing Jacob to have his revenge against Sparrow was wonderful.  I wondered how the others could possibly escape someone with Sparrow's level of power.  You did plant a nice seed though, with Jacob sadly waving bye to the unsuspecting Finn and Nevala.  The actual buildup was extremely well designed over many chapters, probably beginning with the Intuit Shaman's early attempt to exorcise Jacob.  Later Jacob possessed Tristan to kill Finn.  We knew Jacob was getting ready to move on after Kurt was killed.  He didn't actually end up moving on, so hopefully we will see him again, perhaps finally to rest.

I hope Jack (Finn's teacher who had suffered the same violations as Jacob) was able to see this act of justice done.  Gosh, I sure hope no other Goblins are sent to that mansion to figure out what happened.  Not.

On 9/28/2018 at 7:08 AM, Wyatt said:

Thanks, Cynus, for another great story.

Reveal hidden contents

Allowing Jacob to have his revenge against Sparrow was wonderful.  I wondered how the others could possibly escape someone with Sparrow's level of power.  You did plant a nice seed though, with Jacob sadly waving bye to the unsuspecting Finn and Nevala.  The actual buildup was extremely well designed over many chapters, probably beginning with the Intuit Shaman's early attempt to exorcise Jacob.  Later Jacob possessed Tristan to kill Finn.  We knew Jacob was getting ready to move on after Kurt was killed.  He didn't actually end up moving on, so hopefully we will see him again, perhaps finally to rest.

I hope Jack (Finn's teacher who had suffered the same violations as Jacob) was able to see this act of justice done.  Gosh, I sure hope no other Goblins are sent to that mansion to figure out what happened.  Not.

Thank you for your comments again!

I'm glad you appreciate Jacob's development. I was proud of that, but it was one of the things which turned people off to the series at the same time. I received a lot of complaints regarding my willingness to kill characters. I did it the way that I did in order to build tension toward the climactic moment you mentioned, so that the punch was as strong as it could be. :)