Return With Honor

Castle Herald

[Special Note: The new website is now live. As a result the links throughout this thread are invalid except for the latest posting to the thread. All of Cynus's stories can now be found at Cynus]

NEW STORY

Chapter 1 presented by Cynus

Edited by Zach Caldwell
Link website notification

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Samuel, I want to take the time to thank you for this story. It truly said things that many of the Christian churches needs to hear.

AL.

Thank you, Al. I found it kind of surreal, actually. Not a week after this finished posting at AwesomeDude, the LDS church came out with that awful proclamation about refusing the membership of children whose parents are in committed same-sex relationships... I'll admit that for a moment I had to ask, "Didn't the church freaking read my book?" . . . Kidding, of course, but printing out a copy and taking it downtown to drop on Mr. Monson's desk did cross my mind.

You are so right Al.  At first I thought this story would go in a certain direction but Samuel surprised me and the story did not really leave the States. And looking back, it did not need to and was an excellent story as written. 

I'm glad you felt this way. I was worried a bit once my characters revealed to me that they'd be going home early . . . There was actually a possibility this story would have ended up four times as long as it is, which is what would have happened had I taken them to Korea.

• 1 month later...