One Day Maybe

Castle Herald

[Special Note: The new website is now live. As a result the links throughout this thread are invalid except for the latest posting to the thread. All of Mark C. stories can now be found at Mark C.]

NEW STORY!

Synopsis:

Ben, a 28 year old computer professional, is looking for love and the guy he wants to wake up to for the rest of his life. Unfortunately, that guy is still to be found and Ben has had so many strike outs it seems as if he will sit out love in his life. Then a new face at work brings hope. But will Ben's bad luck hold true, or will this time Ben win the brass ring in life?

Chapter 1 presented at http://www.castleroland.net/library/author/mark_c

Edited by Zach Caldwell
Link website notification

I like this character Ben. He seems like a good guy. A little sad, but it sounds like he's had a rough way to go in the romance department. He needs to find the right guy to love and to love him back. Love the title, too. "One Day Maybe" seems like a great mantra to live by - keeps one's hopes alive. Good start. 

Really enjoying this story so far. Just read the new chapter and will say, I already don't like Tim and think Ben is going to need to be ready to help Fay pick up the pieces of a broken heart. Any man that wants to control anyone that much and when trust isn't shown is never a good scenerio. 

Really watching to see when Ben finally finds his someone, someday...maybe. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Sweet story, Mark.  I think "One Day Maybe" is a familiar sentiment for a lot of us.  I know it is for me.  Work and life and negative experiences can get in the way sometimes and make us a little gun-shy when it comes to relationships. 

It's nice to hear about when it all works out, even if it's in a story.  I think it gives us all hope when we need it.

Steve

Thank you, Steve! Although the story was not biographical, there were several elements of my early days in it and at one point in my life, I was thinking, 'One Day Maybe' myself. If I can put an end to that sentiment in my life, then there is hope for everyone.

• 1 year later...