All In A Row (Rent Boy Named . . .)

Ricky

This is a semi-autobiographical story about a boy who escapes a drunken Dad in Ames Iowa in 1969 headed for Venice Beach but lands and takes up residence on Sunset Strip. It's a beautifully written story like no other. The Author, Tristen Strangebrew in real life suffers from a condition called synesthesia which causes him to see everything in a random rainbow of colors. Text might take on the appearance of each letter being a different color. But not just text, everything! The result is that he sees the world just a little bit differently then the rest of us and the way he writes what he sees will touch the very essence of your being. His descriptions of life are second to none.

This story was up to 169 chapters when a bunch of hate mongers forced him to vanish and with it his story. It ended up in a courtroom and he has renamed it and edited it again and has spent the last three years continuing the story. The people are real. Of course the names have been changed. Events are somewhat embellished for the sake of the story.

If you miss this then you have missed one of the finest writings ever written. At least in my humble opinion.

Be sure and comment. He needs to know this was and IS worth the effort.

https://theboysofsunset.wordpress.com/

Guest wayne pate

I am a daily follower of Tristan and also "The boys of Sunset" Rent boys. I actually gave up a few tears when I got the message of Tristan coming back to us. I am so happy..  feel like a loved one that had passed had come back to me. I missed Tristan and Rent Boys so much. 

When it was so abruptly taken down and Tristen with it I felt as if a part ofmy soul was missing. I am so happy to have them both back in our life. I cant wait to see what Sqeegy and Sunny Jim are up to next.

WayneO 

I am a daily follower of Tristan and also "The boys of Sunset" Rent boys. I actually gave up a few tears when I got the message of Tristan coming back to us. I am so happy..  feel like a loved one that had passed had come back to me. I missed Tristan and Rent Boys so much. 

When it was so abruptly taken down and Tristen with it I felt as if a part ofmy soul was missing. I am so happy to have them both back in our life. I cant wait to see what Sqeegy and Sunny Jim are up to next.

WayneO 

I feel the same way. What a gifted author and a moving story. You do become part of this rag tag family when you're reading it.

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm... Just finished Chapter one. Not entirely sure how to feel about it.

Believe me, it is the finest writing I have ever read. Give it a few chapters. As far as I know this is the only story Tristen has ever written. It gets flat addictive. And his writing only gets better.  There is a lot of love shared in this story. Note that I did not say sex. There is really not a lot of explicit sex. It's more about the relationships that were formed. Also remember that this is loosely autobiographical. Trust me I am old, I know things.

• 3 weeks later...

Here's a clip of ch 69 which is a great example of how Tristen writes in the color of his imagery:

"The beers were cracked open and they followed the next joint. It all became muddy and fluid. The music kept floating down like clouds of silver with reflections of red and blue neon from some sign half a block away sent to us for a fraction of a second from a moving chrome bumper. It was a chance encounter, a colorful puff of a gift that seemed to hang there long after it was gone. Things slowed down. My cheeks got hot and pink. Squeegy’s hand in mine felt like a story I could read. Crazy Mike’s glasses got thicker and thicker. Donnie was talking about Gene at The Cup trying to grab his balls. Zac and Daniel were twins from different mothers, blinking in unison, in slow motion, sharing the same air, their eyes moving like they were wired together.

“Mike, who’s this?”

“Hendrix, man. “Red House.”

His writing is so unique. If you've not read this you are missing something truly unique. It's not about sex, it's about survival and surviving together. Drawing on each other's strengths and holding each other when they are weak. It's about surviving on the streets in the early 70's and it is loosely autobiographical. It's seeing the world through the eyes of a boy who has synesthesia. And hearing how he perceives the world around him and how he copes while trying to help.

Give it a go, and please, let Tristen know you read. Comment.

https://theboysofsunset.wordpress.com/