Kudos on the site design

Ricky

I would say about a month ago we did that. It was really close to the time frame we launched the awards system, so that may have shadowed some of the smaller things we did. For instance we now have default avatars for readers and authors. Of course the member can change their avatar and replace it with what ever (appropriate) image they would like but at least we don't have those creepy shadow figures hanging around. Always reminded me of a creepy old man perving on the boys LOL

I would say about a month ago we did that. It was really close to the time frame we launched the awards system, so that may have shadowed some of the smaller things we did. For instance we now have default avatars for readers and authors. Of course the member can change their avatar and replace it with what ever (appropriate) image they would like but at least we don't have those creepy shadow figures hanging around. Always reminded me of a creepy old man perving on the boys LOL

I DID notice the new stock default avitars and thought they were cool. And ya, now that you mention it they were a bit like the raincoat and the little red wagon with the puppy guy. CREEPY. Well done. My first thought was, "Hey, isn't that a label off of a bottle of booze? And then I saw the silhouettes were gone. I'm SO glad they're gone too. I had to resist the impulse to shoot my computer several times because it looked just like the targets at the range. AND because it's just fun to shoot up computers anyways. But windows is getting better. At least that's what I keep telling myself as I chamber another round and holler, PULL!

• 2 months later...

Ricky,

Glad you are enjoying them. I must say the moderator team actually has to identify and manualy give the awards. They have been on the ball with it since we implemented the system and have done a tremendous job. So kudos to D'Artagnon, A.B. And Zack for making this work

I would point out also, that the reason you will see the badges change is when the members reaches another milestone. General when you get a badge it stays with you. That can get quite large, so one of the things we do is some badges have levels. So when you reach the next level, you gain the new badge, but the old one is removed. If you have the higher level badge, then it is easy to assume that you already achieved the previous badge. This is to keep things from getting too cluttered but still recognize the contributions of our members.

I must say I have enjoyed my stay here more than other forums I have been a part of in the past. It's laid out intricately and I can collapse certain areas I'm not looking at to make it easier to navigate if I want.

Site design is good and we have a great community of authors and readers.

We rather like having you around too. Glad you chose us to hang out with.