15 members have voted

1. 1. What is the Most Popular Board game in the world

• Scrabble
    • Chess
    • Checkers
    • backgammon
    • Monopoly

this was some what a trick question. There are two answers

Chess is considered the oldest and one of the most played board games in the world. However there is no way to really track this game as sets have a tendency to become heirlooms.

Believe it or not Monopoly is the considered the most popular Board Game in the World with over 500 million copies sold each year. It is produced in 17 languages. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

With the more powerful computers we have these days, I won't be surprised if the perfect set of moves will be found, such that White's extra tempo will always result in a win no matter what, or that Black finds a way to neutralize it and draws every single time.

At least there is a certain degree of unpredictability to Monopoly. Although the odds still favor the Orange and Red properties :D

• 2 weeks later...

in one form or another chest has been around since ancient Greece and Rome although greatly different from what it is today.

I think "chests" have been around a lot longer then chess :P  Just picking on ya I'm the typo king  after all :) 

Nah, you aren't going to find anyone else on this board who is as obsessive-compulsive as myself over typos. I dare you to find a single unintentional typographical error of mine :D

oh you aint seen nothin yet go look at some of my posts you'll be like OMG he's from kindargerten I'm that bad sometmes I can nail the ahredts word right then other times forget it.  course it's the fact i'm deslicic  and also lost out on the first 13 years of education. so Im still learning to do a lot of things. but with the help og TigerPaw and a few other friends namely my Jason I'm gettin there. if i huryy i'm even worse LOL  I did this fast just to show you I wasnt kidding :) 

Oh, you haven't seen anything yet. Go look at some of my posts. You will exclaim, "Oh my God, he wrote as if he was in kindergarten." I'm that bad. Sometimes, I can nail the desired word correctly, and then other times I forget it. Of course, this is because I'm dyslexic and missed out on the first 13 years of education. So I'm still learning to do a lot of things. But with the help of TigerPaw and a few other friends, namely, my Jason, I'm getting there. If I hurry, I'm even worse, LOL. I did this quickly just to show you I wasn't kidding. :)

Sorry, I could not find anything wrong with what you wrote :D :facetious:

Nah, you aren't going to find anyone else on this board who is as obsessive-compulsive as myself over typos. I dare you to find a single unintentional typographical error of mine :D

OH YEAH! Try to find a typo, misspelling or even a comma out of place on one of my posts. :P  :D 

oh you aint seen nothin yet go look at some of my posts you'll be like OMG he's from kindargerten I'm that bad sometmes I can nail the ahredts word right then other times forget it.  course it's the fact i'm deslicic  and also lost out on the first 13 years of education. so Im still learning to do a lot of things. but with the help og TigerPaw and a few other friends namely my Jason I'm gettin there. if i huryy i'm even worse LOL  I did this fast just to show you I wasnt kidding :)

Not near as bad as one of my high school friends was and he didn't miss out on his first 13 years of learning. I had to translate his work for our English teacher in 10th grade. :D 

I got the deluxe lord of the rings chess set it's awesome, I don't even know how to play but it just looks so awesome on the coffee table :)

Learning it is easy. Learning it WELL is a bit tougher. It's also one of the few games, perhaps the ONLY game where the best games are the ones you lose!

My sister is so dyslexic that she can write mirror image with a pen in both hands simultaneously. Did you know there are different forms of dyslexia? Left right, front back and up down. There are double dyslexics with a combination of those. There is also a dysaudio. Wouldn't THAT suck. Hearing things scrambled.

I'm a left right and front back combo.