All I want for Christmas

Sir Kaius

Kyle did post The Wrong Guy to Gay Authors recently. He has posted new chapters of The Kandric Saga there first, so he might have been checking that everything is good to post there. At least we can hope. Would love any new chapters he wants to send our way.

Castle Roland did post The Wrong Guy some time ago. It was a depressing read.

Edit: It was posted November 7, 2022, three weeks ahead of Gay Authors. He used to post at Wolfs Nest first, but I think Wolf's site is basically dead now.

P.S. I had to do a bit of hunting to even get to the story. The Castle Roland site navigation is a royal mess:

• There is no list of authors - Hall of Published authors (https://castleroland.net/hall-of-published-authors/) doesn't cut it either - it's not a full list, and it even fails at linking readers to where such works can be bought.
  • The updates page (https://castleroland.net/category/updates/) is terrible (just look at it). An ideal updates page will have the list of stories with direct links right on the updates page. Who's got time these days to click on each and every biweekly update post to see what's inside it?
  • Who the heck wants to see users/bots online (https://castleroland.net/carolonlu/)? And why is that even on the Library menu?

6 hours ago, Wizard said:

What are you talking about we can find stories by author, or by name even by type or universe if you do not see these options you may need a new browser

https://castleroland.net/stories-categories/

The problem is that Kyle is listed here under two names!   Kyle Aarons and Kyle Matthew Aarons.   Under Kyle Aarons, only The Kandric Saga and Beyond the Grags are listed.  All of his other stories are listed under Kyle Matthew Aarons.  It took me a while before I realized they are the same person...  Yeah, I also would like to see new chapters!

Personally I understand why because in Kandric there are subject of abuse of children and also slaves and such and he is a Published author now it is understandable that he may not want his name tarnished by this hence the reason to keep them separate for those who stumble upon his published work and do not know more about him than we do here.

23 hours ago, Wizard said:

What are you talking about we can find stories by author, or by name even by type or universe if you do not see these options you may need a new browser

https://castleroland.net/stories-categories/

Well, yes, you are using that useful internal page as a starting point.

But, I want you to go to the homepage, www.castleroland.net, and then tell me how I can get to that page. 😂

17 hours ago, Zergrinch said:

Well, yes, you are using that useful internal page as a starting point.

But, I want you to go to the homepage, www.castleroland.net, and then tell me how I can get to that page. 😂

easily instead of choosing one of the options that appears just click on library itself and like magic your going to end up at the link I posted earlier.  Same as if you were clicking on forums.  If you need a picture I can provide but first try just clicking on the word library.

Oh. Well, duh. I didn't think it was clickable because it expanded immediately. I stand corrected.

Still, my criticism about the contents of the submenu stands. If anything, it would be more helpful if it expanded as follows:

You have stories marked IN PROGRESS which are COMPLETE, I think you forget to update when a story has completed publishing. This is not one isolated case, but several stories. People probably won't read those stories, because they are not going to click the last chapter to see THE END. Perhaps you should check all published stories for this quite big error?

• 9 months later...
On 1/14/2023 at 2:49 PM, Luca said:

You have stories marked IN PROGRESS which are COMPLETE, I think you forget to update when a story has completed publishing. This is not one isolated case, but several stories. People probably won't read those stories, because they are not going to click the last chapter to see THE END. Perhaps you should check all published stories for this quite big error?

If you're encountering this issue on a particular website or platform, I recommend reaching out to the administrators or moderators of that website to report the problem. They should be able to address it and update the story status accordingly. Thank you for bringing this to their attention, as it helps improve the user experience for other readers as well. 

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't they correct that months ago change more in pending when no new chapters had been seen for a long time and completed when they were?

I don't read as much lately so I haven't noticed but waiting on new glasses I ordered that will make it easier to get back to reading so I should be able to point those stories that might have been missed.