Day of N

Zach Caldwell

[Special Note: The new website is now live. As a result the links throughout this thread are invalid except for the latest posting to the thread. All of Kyle's stories can now be found at Kyle Matthew Aarons]

New Story

Prologue can be found at http://www.castleroland.net/library/author/kyle_aarons

Edited by Zach Caldwell
Link website notification

While this is only a taste, Day of N has many more chapters to come. This is a project I have had running trough my brain for years and finally decided to act on it when I got into a discussion with a few others. As the storyline builds, I really hope a few of the readers will put themselves in the place of the kids in this story and try to see if they have the knowledge to survive in a world after the nukes fell. Would you even know where to start? My guess most Americans haven't a clue, and it is in this vein I tell this tale.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

While this is only a taste, Day of N has many more chapters to come. This is a project I have had running trough my brain for years and finally decided to act on it when I got into a discussion with a few others. As the storyline builds, I really hope a few of the readers will put themselves in the place of the kids in this story and try to see if they have the knowledge to survive in a world after the nukes fell. Would you even know where to start? My guess most Americans haven't a clue, and it is in this vein I tell this tale.

Having read it (more than once) I can tell you that, for me anyway, that I have been trying to put myself in their place.  If I'm honest with myself, I really don't think I would be able to do half of what these kids have been able to do.  That's saying something when you consider that I was in the army and was actually trained on how to survive a nuclear detonation.  That was back in the heart of the cold war, when it was a serious threat.  The kids in this story are giving a whole new meaning to being a Boy Scout.  

Kyle...

Like others I think that the boys in 'Day of N' are more then amazing...

As a Long time Scouter... the Scouts can bring the best out in a boy and if they had a leader like you have written... they would be able to do amazing things given the chance...

To you and all the others here...

I know this 'Topic' is about Kyle's story... but I wanted to also Introduce another Post Nuclear day story that I first read over 50 years ago... that I just refound a copy and If you can find a copy it will give you a real life 'Adult veiw' on the subject...

The Book was first published in 1959 and I read it in 1963 just a year after the Cuban missile crisis [The crisis and the book SCARED the hell out of me... Hey I was only 12 yo then]... The book is: "Alas, Babylon" by Pat Frank

You can read it HERE for free... or if you can find a rare copy please buy it...

If you like 'Day of N' I think you will also like this story too.

• 3 weeks later...

WOW amazing story I sure hope there is more I love it and am ready to see more of it.  Never had a chance at scouting but that's a different tale of my own. But I am now an expert survivalist as well as instructor  Yeah even with my messed up childhood it did one thing for me taught me how to survive by any and all means.  I'm even ready for the zombie apocolyps LOL  great story 20 paws up (see other comments to get that one LOL) 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

yeah, there is a backlog of chapters on this one waiting to see the light of day on Castle Roland... :P

hey Castle Roland get the backlog going!!! me want more!!! LOL  :P

Just to clarify the "backlog" issue.

All of Kyle's story's, that we are presenting, are also going through an edit. The editor sends Kyle the chapters and the the editor has to wait for Kyle to have time to accept or reject the edits (author's prerogative, here). Then the author has to get the material into my hands to be coded for inclusion on the site.

All this to say we are getting them online, as quick as we can.

• 3 weeks later...