Halloween Short Story Competition 2014

Castle Roland is excited to announce our first ever:

Halloween Short Story Competition

Halloween Hysteria

In the tradition of Halloween Costume competitions and bobbing for apples, Castle Roland is hosting its own Halloween Competition. During this fall season as our creativity reaches it peaks and the imagination runs wild, harness that supernatural energy and create a story to thrill the readers. But careful the readers are a tricky bunch.

Submissions Accepted between 9/21/14 and 10/18/14

All submission will be posted to a special forum on the Castle Roland Community Forum Site and will be posted without author name and title. They will be listed as a numbered submission for example

Halloween Story #1

Halloween Story #2

ETC

The Forum members will be asked to vote on their favorite story between 10/19 and 10/28.

The Story with the most votes will be posted at midnight EST 10/30-10/31.

Once the wining story is posted all the stories in the forum will be updated to add the authors name and the title and will be released in special midnight email with a link to the forums.

Submission requirements

Submission accepted between 9/21/14 and 10/18/14

Stories should be edited and polished. They will be posted exactly as you send them.

Stories must contain a Halloween Theme. Embrace it and have a blast with it.

Stories should be no more than 15,000 words

Everyone is invited to submit a story

Submissions must be sent to castlerolandpr@gmail.com.  Submission sent to any other email address will be returned as disqualified. This is to maintain the anonymity of the stories so it's a true blind vote.

Should you have any questions or concerns please email the PR staff at Castlerolandpr@gmail.com

Ghosts, goblins and Ghouls, Witches, Werewolf's and Wraiths, Vampires, hmmmm nothing works there. I am super excited to see what everyone comes up with for a Halloween story. Trick or Treat gone wrong? or maybe Trick gone right? ;)​  Haunted House? Ghosts in the attic? :o or maybe my favorite Demonic Possession.  :(. Hope everyone has fun with this little challenge :ph34r:

Deep beneath the Castle spire
in a room filled with shadowy ire
A pedestal in cobwebs delight
Upon its cracked and whittled blight
a tome rests in dreary light
Dusty pages filled with darkest thoughts
of countless authors' evil plots
Hidden in a place from scrying eyes
until spirits take flight through the skies

Written by the Castle Roland PR Team
9/25/14

Deep beneath the Castle spire
in a room filled with shadowy ire
A pedestal in cobwebs delight
Upon its cracked and whittled blight
a tome rests in dreary light
Dusty pages filled with darkest thoughts
of countless authors' evil plots
Hidden in a place from scrying eyes
until spirits take flight through the skies

Written by the Castle Roland PR Team

9/25/14

Ken great job on the poem and I think it should be sent out in the newsletter for everyone. You did the bulk of the work and I was happy to be a small part of it.  I'm no good at poetry but with others giving it a start I'm fairly decent at cleaning things up and helping to make things rhyme.  I am interested in reading some of these ghoulish stories.  It sounds like we've gotten several submissions already including one from one of my readers.  I recommend all authors send out an email to their reader's email list and let them know of the competition.  I know one or two would love to participate so let them know authors.  In my opinion it is part of our (author's) responsibility to our readers to keep them informed.  You are a part of this team now as an author so let's get the word out and help the forum and this site.  It is a fantastic site which offers options most sited don't to readers and authors alike so let's do the right thing and help keep things rolling by taking on a little responsibility towards both readers and this site.

• 2 weeks later...