Your favorites Kyle's stories

Wizard

Personally my top 5 not published work

Kandric's Saga

Adventure quest

Oconnell's grenadiers

Days of N

Brile

But I have not read destiny's shadow because I'm not interested in Werewolves and vampires.  Also defenders is no longer listed or would have made the cut instead of Brile.

This also does not mean I didn't enjoy the other stories like geek squad but that Universe seem to have died a while back.

My top 5 are:

Adventure quest

O'Connell's grenadiers

Kandric's Saga

Destiny’s Shadow

Brile

I would have Re-Emergence in 6th position...I liked it at about the same level as Brile.

I never really got into Days of N and never finished reading it. Defender is no longer available on CR because it is now a published book. I liked Geek Squad as well but as you said it is not likely to ever be completed. I am not sure where to put Beyond the Crags in that list yet....in my mind it goes with Kandric's saga.

I think this covers just about every "main" stories (meaning with more than just one chapter).

Great idea for starting a new thread btw. Maybe this will give some inspiration/hint to Kyle about where we hope to see new chapters:)

If Geek Squad and the Revolutions universe is unlikely to get completed, at least let us know the broad outline of how it ends. Does the evil Democratic President get overthrown by the heroic Republican President and his trustworthy Russian friend? 👀

Here are my predictions, in broad strokes, of how various stories end:

• Kandric Saga: Kandric declines godhood, but is forced into it in the final battle. Gardagam and Under River are revealed to be good after all -- it was all a misunderstanding and Gambra is the ultimate big bad. Generally happy ending though I see a mentor dying (maybe Glaster or Wyhrem).
  • Brile: Joel and his cohorts destroy all hostile machine lifeforms, kill all hostiles, and finally get off Brile. They infiltrate Lord Talborne's homeworld and kill him, ending the war.
  • O'Connell's Grenadiers: Robin and his merc team invade Sol, liberates the clones at Mars, dealing a massive blow to Earth Core. They end up joining Blood's Honor.
  • Adventure Quest: Robin and his crew find all surviving kids in Zong, The story ends with him leading a crew of his own cohort setting off to explore more planets. Fluffy story with zero intrigue about enemy psychics from other countries.

Well Zergrinch I think you are wrong on all your predictions.  

First Kandric cannot be forced into anything and he is still to young to become a God so he will refuse at least till he is old but will still help kill the demons lords.

Second I believe both brile and O'connell's Grenadiers will cross over at some point and get back together then possibly take the war to earth core but not before they join up together.  But personally I believe more that blood honor will take out earth core while the Grenadiers will end up going on Brile to help their friends once their own mission is over..

As for adventure quest why would it end with finding the kids?  I believe they will find and maybe map or get stuck on a new world like the first team on Zong.  It is more likely that it will end with their return to earth to see their parents and possibly as heroes for discovering a huge planet that could become the next earth.

On 6/4/2022 at 1:02 PM, Wizard said:

First Kandric cannot be forced into anything and he is still to young to become a God so he will refuse at least till he is old but will still help kill the demons lords.

It's nice to think it, but he's been forced to do quite a bit and recently too. Realistically, at some point he will have too much power for mere mortals to be around.

He's been the youngest at everything. Why not the youngest god?

I don't see a cross-over between Brile and O'Connell's Grenadiers as feasible.

First, the out-of-story reason. Kyle seems to be having issues crossing over Kandric with Sands of Time, and that particular story thread (Aster dreaming of Xavier and company) has been around since the 1990s. Given that he needs to write both stories simultaneously and keep the threads in his head at the same time, I'd say writing a new chapter of Kandric might be easier.

Now, the in-story reason. The BH cadets are stranded on Brile, with unfriendly mercs and hostile machine lifeforms to keep them company. They have bounties on their heads thanks to the coup leader. There is no way that they are getting off the planet until the end of the story. Meanwhile, Robin and his pee-wee mercs are knee-deep in their first real job, with an Earth-core guy no less. I don't see their operation ending favorably anytime soon, and we can probably expect a capture on the cards, followed by some gladiatorial games and a prison breakout. These dudes have no reason whatsoever to go to Brile. Heck, it is far more likely for Cresmir and his crew to hook up with Joel than for Robin to do so.

===

Adventure Quest will not end on a cliffhanger, unless Kyle has developed a sadistic bone during the pandemic. Getting stuck on a new world is a cliffhanger. The most likely ending I see is for them to blast off as a full-fledged exploration crew, with Robin in command. For that to happen, they'd have to rescue all the stranded IZTAZ participants and go through their academy, which I can totally see as a time-skip after the adventure on Zong winds down.

If I remember correctly, Boris and some of the Q VI agents have some of Robin's friends as hostages and and taking them to Brile. There is a good chance that Joel's team could find and rescue them at some point. Also Neil and Zane are headed to some unknown destination in order to find out where the hostage were taken and might end up on Brile as well.

Robin and Joel might not meet again anytime soon, but I am sure we will see further interaction between the two stories.

And furthermore I need to point out that Kyle is not the writer of sands of time, it is our host Roland that writes that one.

As to why I don't believe Kandric wants to become a god as of yet, he still is the student of his master even if they are both really strong and I don't think he will want to give up his friends and master to become a god even if he becomes as powerful as one.

As for brile and grenadiers there is plenty of past interactions between the two groups of kids hence the reason for all the help they are getting for blood honor, so it is totally plausible their path will cross again in the future.  Personally if Kyle plans to publish these two stories in the future, If I was him I would connect them to each other so people who buy his books end up buying both.

Considering the god can not directly intervene among the mortals (as per their pact with the daemon lords), Kandric "ascension to godhood" would clearly mark the end of the saga. I believe there is still a lot for him to do as a mortal before this happens... so i hope this doesn't happen anytime soon as i am hoping for many new chapters :)

6 hours ago, Wizard said:

And furthermore I need to point out that Kyle is not the writer of sands of time, it is our host Roland that writes that one.

As to why I don't believe Kandric wants to become a god as of yet, he still is the student of his master even if they are both really strong and I don't think he will want to give up his friends and master to become a god even if he becomes as powerful as one.

As for brile and grenadiers there is plenty of past interactions between the two groups of kids hence the reason for all the help they are getting for blood honor, so it is totally plausible their path will cross again in the future.  Personally if Kyle plans to publish these two stories in the future, If I was him I would connect them to each other so people who buy his books end up buying both.

But the holdup appears to be on Kyle's part (which of course is understandable since a chapter of Kandric nowadays is book length). So when the time comes, you're going to have holdups on both sides - the Brile side and the Grenadiers side.

I agree with you that Kandric doesn't want to ascend. But, my money is on the circumstances eventually being so dire that he HAS to ascend to preserve some kind of balance, or evil wins out. Hence, his hand being forced. I mean, there's a lot of recent focus on Rovnar and I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up biting the dust somehow.

Oh, and while Kandric does call him Master still, he has already surpassed Glaster and has nothing further to learn from him. He calls very powerful spirits Master these days.

Will there be references to the other story in Brile/Grenadiers? Of course. But I think they will remain just that - references, without any crossovers in the foreseeable future.

Incidentally, I tried to convert Grenadiers into book form, but gave up after 20 minutes. The way the first chapters are presented place an extremely strong focus on flashbacks, even if there was this dramatic space emergency happening in the immediate present. It will not be suitable for novel form without very heavy rewriting on Kyle's part.

We should not forget that Master Glaster is now of Legendary echelon same as Falk who was asked to take over as master of the guild.  So even if Kandric is also probably Legendary as well neither him or Glaster have been recognized as such as of yet.

Kandric also didn't ask for help from the gods against Pyrothermal his friends helped instead of the gods and Frexla is also on notice.  The gods may want to help him but Kandric Glasters and friends might be a handful for the evil lords all by themselves.  Just like he rejected his prince status, he may do the same for god status even if he earned it, he may even have a conflict with the gods themselves if he refuses to become one of them.

As for multiple flashbacks on Grenadiers its pretty much the same on Adventure quests in the latest chapters and we are still waiting on chapters that are done to be added.

And as for putting in as a novel the grenadiers and Brile could start with a prequel including those flashback of the fight versus Earth core and Talborne.

Not wanting to get involved in the individual story discussions, my favorite stories are: all of them. I have read every one of them multiple times, and I like all of them equally.  However, I have noticed that nobody has mentioned Kyle's favorite, which I like pretty much on the same level as Kandric Saga - Kyle actually said many years ago that Re-Emergence was his favorite story to write, but was also one of the hardest to write, which is why it gets updated even less frequently as Kandric does.  

I also like Day of N, even if it is pretty much a survival story like Adventure Quest is.  

The entire universe of Kandric is excellent, but at times gets a tad confusing with the number of differint arcs that are currently in progress.  Same with the AIM universe.  Brile has 3 to 4 arcs ongoing right now, and O'Connells has 3, if you separate Robin from the Major;  don't forget that Neil and his side mercs are linked up and headed on their own adventure, and I would suspect that they have a better chance in a crossover to Brile in the near future.  

Just my thoughts on things.  

Personally for me re-emergence doesn't make the top 5 because it was halted before being more developed.  If the story had a few more chapters to do that, I would probably have another opinion of it but unfortunately it doesn't.

If you compare it with his other stories, Kandric world is way more developed same for the AIM universe that include his published story, Brile and Grenadiers.

Even geek squad universe developed by multiple authors (even if the universe there seems to have died) and Days of N and Adventure quest are just more advanced setups than Re-Emergence at least for now.

That is the reason for me to not insert that story in the top 5 as it is now.  A few more chapter might have put her there, just not as it stands today.