'Invisible' in India: The story of the disabled boy tied to Mumbai bus stop. report by Mallika Kapu

Zach Caldwell

It boggles my mind, that any society would allow horrors such as this.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/06/23/world/asia/india-disabled-boy-bus-stop/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

I do not have respect for anyone and or a country who can be so callous towards those who are physically challenged and more so when the disabled is a child.

In the interest of disclosure. I am physically challenged, going blind and severe hearing loss. So things like this really piss me off. We are challenged and work a bit harder, but it does not make us less than anyone else.

​I hope this report embarrasses Indian government to be more proactive in helping those who are disabled in their country.

In the interest of disclosure. I am physically challenged, going blind and severe hearing loss. So things like this really piss me off. We are challenged and work a bit harder, but it does not make us less than anyone else.

The american point of view is forged by a very, very, very rich society.  'Rich', you may cry out, 'but we're going bankrupt!'  Perhaps, but compared to our society fifty years ago, a hundred years ago, two hundred years ago, we have so much material goods it isn't even funny.  We are rich, compared to history.

How rich?  Rich enough that we actually have a surplus with which to subsidize those who are disabled.

It sucks, it really, really, really sucks for individuals with disabilities, but India isn't rich.  They can't really afford to subsidize people who can't hold their own end on a job.  As a result, in India, physical disabilities really do make someone less.