Dictatorship of google over their users?

Anjobranco

Goggle decided unilaterally to disable all chrome extensions that are not on there web-store.

Do Google have the right to decided what extensions you have install on you web browser, and do they have the right to disable them on your computer, and block them?

Not sure that I would agree with you that this is a dictator like act on the part of Google. It seems to me they are attempting to protect the image of their product. Which is something any business would want to do.

This is something Google can do with its own product. If the public does not like the move, then they speak through the power of their money and switch to a new browser. A business is quicker to act when they are hit in the pocket book. Of course as big as Google appears to be, it would take a lot of people to make them take a notice.

So the question is, I think, just how big of an issue is this for those who use Google and extensions on Chrome?

Goggle decided unilaterally to disable all chrome extensions that are not on there web-store.

Do Google have the right to decided what extensions you have install on you web browser, and do they have the right to disable them on your computer, and block them?

The key phrase here isn't 'your browser', it's 'their software'.

They have that right, just as Apple has the right to require you to only use apps downloaded through their app store.

If you don't like it, you have the option of using a different browser.

For my part, I have previously regularly used google translation, but it is a moment that I try to pass me more google products because they often have unpredictable reactions with firefox for example.

Moreover, I try more and more to go through "open" products and not by products "owners" because the first seem less interested in me that I can report them rather than my needs.