Devyn’s Struggle

JP Caballero

Devyn's Struggle has a rather unique history.

Originally, it was a Nifty story. For whatever reasons, last January the Powers-That-Be over there, pulled the story. Keith started re-writing the story. I contacted him and have had 2 of our editors go over his chapters. What is now on nifty from chapters 1 through 28 have not been edited. All chapters on our site have been edited.

Having Read the original, I can speculate why the story was pulled (based on Nifty's submission criteria), but it would only be a guess.

Regardless, what Keith has done in version 2 of his story, makes it a much better story than version 1. Keith has allowed us to post a chapter with every update, up to and including chapter 15. Then we will fall back and post a chapter once a week. This way Keith has time to write more chapters.

I believe those that start reading this story will be amazed that the character, Devyn, survived his ordeal after being kicked out of his home and disowned by his parents.

Just read chapter three and the story is building nicely with a look back into Devyn's past when he was much happier and was about to make a new friend.

This story looks like including all the familiar storylines rolled into one: new boy in the neighbourhood, self-discovery, coming to terms, coming out, rejection, a fall into Hell, abuse, and redemption. Wow!

• 11 months later...