Ideas with no writing skills

So not sure where to start...

I have had this idea floating around in my head and in my dreams it's bad enough now that I can't read a chapter all the way through without getting distracted by it I believe I could be a good story that the right author could take it run and have a real good hit but that person is not me I have little to know righting skills as is and I get stuck on like word 5 sentence 2 if I try but I was thinking/hoping maybe an author would want to chat about my idea and see if they would like to give it a go

Hi Orange Viking. I'm intrigued by your dilemma, as that is exactly how I started writing stories, plus I was stuck in the house recuperating and it was a slow period on several sites and nothing new was being posted. After a few of my stories were posted, a reader asked me to write about a young man about to age out of the system he had been in for many years, not having been fostered or adopted. That suggestion by David W. was the start of the Jason stories that are posted here on The Castle. You can reach me by email if you'd like to discuss your dilemma, a contact to my email is at the end of each of my stories. Stay safe, Art West

It's been a while since this site had an 'event'.  Why don't you post your story idea and let anyone who wants to take a crack at it?  Not a contest, just a way to get more stories posted.  If you keep your outline short enough and vague enough you should get some very different results.

Who knows how close you'll come?  You could go ahead with the open invitation, then contact the writer who comes closest to your ideal to become your editor and, with all the fresh examples of writing style, you'll be able to construct the story just the way you want.

• 4 weeks later...

There will probably be the Halloween one starting in the next few weeks, I hope the subject this year will be more interesting to me than last year.

Also you never said what were your ideas for a story yet and maybe which active author you would think might get closer to your vision, different authors different writing style some are more into love stories, some are fantasy writers or even sci-fi, so depending on your ideas there might be authors that would be better than others to bring out your ideas.

• 2 weeks later...

sorry i haven been on to update but i have been a bit busy as a couple auothers and amazing people have offered to help me try this out as a story of my own with their guidance I have been making a go of it and I think it's coming along well I hope to post it soon I will reply to this thread when I do so those that are interested can read it if any of the more experienced writers wish to chat and share advice I would love to hear from you

• 2 weeks later...