Sands of Time

Zach Caldwell

Well see.. it's like this.

WE hold classes once a month with the other authors.  the classes are taught by the resident evil author and master of misdirection.  When i showed him this one, he told me i got a 6 out of 10 for it, and that i should really work harder to hone my craft.  I am sorry for letting my instructor and the readers down, but i promise i will try much harder next time. 

• 4 weeks later...

Don't get me wrong, Kyle still has the upper hand when it comes to epic-type battles.  This one is just... tremendously gory! :D

As gory as exploding one dragon's poison sack to kill another?  Not so sure about that myself... as I recall, Kandric wound up coated in blood from that one.

• 3 weeks later...

First off, Love your story, but so did I with Kandric, and have sent Kyle a few emails about that story earlier. Now it is to much time between the chapters, so I don't find the small things the editors forgets. 
But, with shorter chapters, and a day in the bed due to flu, i reread this story.  (yes, even the ghosts can catch the flu)

And made a few disconnections. 

From Prologue

Below him, his Father, a Legendary Echelon Sorcerer, and the greatest of the Sand Dragons in the Kingdom of Seandra, fought hard to protect the city. Thousands of Orcs, Gnolls, and other creatures fell beneath his spells, claws, and horrible breath weapon. But the Dark Mage allies of the Browns were busy animating the dead, only to send them back into the battle.

From chapter 4

"There were eight Echelons, with ten Steps between." Xavier said as they rode along. "After Proficient, there was Skilled, Instruction, Accomplished, Renowned, and finally Supreme. I had just passed my Skilled Step three test." He then looked at Lew who was looking at him wide eyed. "How many Echelons and steps are there now?"

"Seven, but there are only five Steps between. Training, Primary, Secondary, Teaching, Expert, Master, and finally Legendary." Lew said as he fingered his guild pin. "I am Primary Step 4." Lew said as he looked around at the group.

Legendary Echelon? Shouldn't that be Supreme? Legendary came a few thousands year later?

He is in Chapter 5:

"Xavier was pacing, but no one could miss the pain and haunted look on his face as he recalled what had happened. "Then the final battle came. They had breached the walls. We tried to hold the breech, but it was not to be. We had lost so many, and the Browns were not above simply sending our dead back at us. When the walls came down, my Father, King Rathort, a Supreme Echelon Sorcerer, and Great Sand Dragon took to the field. Thousands fell beneath his claws, spells and Breath weapon."

From Prologue

He banked hard, so he could keep the fight directly below him. The Brown Dragons had invaded his home many years ago, and had slowly beat the Seandrain Forcers back, until all that remained not in their control was the Capital itself. And now, the great city was in danger of being over run with the Browns and their minions.

From chapter 1

"Xavier nodded and turned once more to look out over the City. The fires were already burning on the south part of the city. They had already evacuated all those that could, and would flee, to the tunnels beneath the City, with luck, and enough time, brought by those who stayed behind, they would be able to make it to the only city that had yet to fall. The Great City of Sand Storm was the main Mining and Trade port for the Kingdom. From Sandstorm, hopefully those that fled would find refuge."

Sand Storm is written in two different ways, and is sand a city in the kingdom? Since it only was the capital city (which can't be Sand Storm) that wasn't overrun?

Ghost of Morten. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...