The Silence

D'Artagnon

yeah, well, seriously considering just not writing anymore.  can't make a living at it, can't find the time to do it, just don't seem to have any energy or feel for it anymore.

too many people dragging on my time, too many things getting in the way, barely getting by at the job (just over broke), We're still stuck in my old bed room at my mom's place coming up on a year now.  just about no privacy, completely dependent on someone else for a roof over our heads, just barely got a car back after losing three this year, and at least two thousand in repairs before be lost two of them.  In debt so deep i'm in the lower decks of the Titanic, financially.

Just dont see any use anymore.

8 minutes ago, D'Artagnon said:

yeah, well, seriously considering just not writing anymore.  can't make a living at it, can't find the time to do it, just don't seem to have any energy or feel for it anymore.

too many people dragging on my time, too many things getting in the way, barely getting by at the job (just over broke), We're still stuck in my old bed room at my mom's place coming up on a year now.  just about no privacy, completely dependent on someone else for a roof over our heads, just barely got a car back after losing three this year, and at least two thousand in repairs before be lost two of them.  In debt so deep i'm in the lower decks of the Titanic, financially.

Just dont see any use anymore.

I feel you. I've been and still am in a lot of similar situations. I only recently had an upturn to some of them by getting a new job, but if you'd seen me a few months ago I was feeling a lot like you do now. 

And I 100% understand that desire to quit. I'm not going to tell you what to do. It's your life. If you want someone to soundboard, I'm happy to listen. Fair warning, until next Tuesday I'll be working 13 hour days, so I might be less responsive until then.

For the time being, there are a few things I'd like to say on the subject. First, a lot can change in a short time. Just like bad things can come unexpectedly, so can good things. Be ready for both. You might have a bright change right around the corner that finally gets things back on track. Second, you've got a lot of love in your life from what you just said above, and that's something you can build upon. Trust those who love you and they can help. Third, trust yourself. You've made it this far, and survived everything up to this point. You can make it farther, and get to where you need to go.

I recognize that all of this was largely unsolicited, so feel free to tell me to stick my opinions somewhere dark and damp if you'd like, but I'm pulling for you regardless. 

• 2 weeks later...

D’Artagnon,

Its possible that you need a break from writing , Have you tried selling your wonderful stories on amazon via kindle format . I know life is tough, Going through my Gran’s death - I lost my job because my leave of absence went over 3 months. Now money’s running out , But I feel a new door is opening as the old one closes . Keep your chin up and smile everyday buddy . I wish you all the luck to get through your issues you have , Peace be with you too,

John Celestre . 

6D1C2C08-1203-4C4E-BD5C-A2201924A9DA.jpeg