castle roland page

kailan

Go back to the original design and format for the site....the current one sucks. there is no longer a library list of all stories/authors, the original "revolution" universe authors haven't updated a single chapter in two years (i guess constantly trying to come up with different site designs is more important). without the story library, you can't even look to if one missed an update to any story. quit trying to make it look pretty, and get back to why you made the site to begin with, writing stories. 

Thank you for your suggestion, kailan.

You may not have seen it, but under the menu item "Library" is a sub-menu labeled "Updates". That contains a listing of exactly what is new or updated. Complete with links to the exact chapter that is going (or went) live. These updates track back to the last 8 updates and are labeled with the date they went live.

On the old site, your only option was what is currently being updated. There was no "archive" of previous updates, such as what we have now.

That gives you the option of following the updates via our newsletter, these forums or the website itself.

The "new" site has been in existence for almost 2 years now. There is no way we are going back to the "old" site. It was temporary when it was first implemented, even though it existed for 3 years. It was extremely limited in function. It was cumbersome to update and required constant attention.

Bottom line? Like any website design, some will like it, some will hate it.

As for why Revolution stories have dried up, well. Ashwood represents what conservatives thought about Obama.

Now that the personification of Bryce (Trump) is in power, well... You got friendly Russians and fights with Mexico and the Europeans, I guess real life is stranger than fiction and there's no need to continue :D

Which is weird because, in my humble opinion, Ashwoods bombastic approach more mirrors Trump and Obamas more restrained approach matches the other guy more.  A family man trying to do the right thing, if not the popular one.  I guess in the end, you will attach anchors from reality into literature as you like.  I would invite the revolution authors to look closely at what they've created and tell us what they intended.  Settle the sand out of the water, as it were, let the mud drop out.

• 9 months later...
On 7/9/2019 at 7:17 AM, kailan said:

Go back to the original design and format for the site....the current one sucks. there is no longer a library list of all stories/authors, the original "revolution" universe authors haven't updated a single chapter in two years (i guess constantly trying to come up with different site designs is more important). without the story library, you can't even look to if one missed an update to any story. quit trying to make it look pretty, and get back to why you made the site to begin with, writing stories. 

The main complaint there almost a year ago wasn't about the web page design. but content.