When Shadows Pass

Al Norris

What a most interesting story. Jason an American boy that is orphaned ends up moving to England. Where he find relatives he never knew about. It is a totally enjoyable read, which I look forward to reading the coming chapter. Well wrighten and highly detailed. You can easily find yourself following the story with grate interest. A wonderful tail that you want to know more about.

I have been looking forward to seeing this story on this site and encouraged Sean long ago to allow the erudite readership of Castle Roland to have the opportunity to gain the rewards of reading his very worthwhile story. I shan't spoil any plots or forthcoming surprises, but those of you new to this story are in for an emotional roller-coaster, with interesting characters, some rarely seen in our site, to our shame.

Occasionally you'll laugh at the American eye view of British life, but lads, roll with with the stereotypes and forgive, just as those of you on the East of the Pond still sometimes think all Yanks are actually Yanks and chew gum and build tree houses and call everyone (male) Sir.

This is a great tale, well told and I look forward to reading my Castle denizens' opinions of it.

Welcome Sean.

Adam

What a wonderful refreshing story. As I said, very well wrighten and with detail. You can see in your minds eye the story unfold in your head. This only makes the story even better. Jason had his first night at his new home. The emotional support is there if he will only use it. We will see as the story continues.

Oh, WOW, what a chapter totally enjoyable. Jason is now in his new home. He has lost so much. Anything that he had as a keep sake is gone. Maybe his Uncle can find out where his stuff is. His two cousins maybe be able to bring him out of his shell. We will have to return to find out.

Another emotionally charged chapter. It seems Jason maybe coming around. He seems to be closer to El than anyone. It looks as if they have a connection that Jason dose not have with the others. We will see as the story continues.

• 5 weeks later...

Thank you, Sean.  This is an excellent story and very engaging.

You may have lost track of one plot point.  Early on (ch.3), you mentioned that Jason used to enjoy swimming at the YMCA, and he even liked to help train the younger kids.  But I don't think his enjoyment of that sport ever came up again.  It's not a big deal -- it just caught my attention because I really like swimming.

"You may have lost track of one plot point.  Early on (ch.3), you mentioned that Jason used to enjoy swimming at the YMCA, and he even liked to help train the younger kids.  But I don't think his enjoyment of that sport ever came up again.  It's not a big deal -- it just caught my attention because I really like swimming."

Yeah, I can understand that, honestly. I had intended to flush that out some more later, giving Jason a local hobby of some sort. Problem was, to me, all the chapters were long, and this ended up being a long effort (33 chapters PLUS an epilogue!) So while I was cutting some things down from that which I wrote a long time ago, into something that was completing the effort again, that didn't make it into the final product.

Glad you liked the story though, and thanks for the kind words! ?

• 3 months later...
  • 11 months later...