Reports of the Weird & Accounts of the Strange Issue #3 - Those to be Forgiven

Quaid and Packman has made it Johnny Ivey's trailer. They got the boys away but let Mike. What has Quaid found himself into? This is more sounding like a episode of "The night stalker" from the 1980s TV drama. Will they make their way back to the City or go on to Florida? This has now opened a lot of questions that only returning for the answers will do.

The Night Stalker TV show I believe first aired somewhere in the mid 1970s. It was about a news paper reporter and his adventures in the supernatural realm. To answer your question, yes I enjoyed watching the show. I have not seen it aired for many years. I have seen the shows plot repeated in a number of plots from different TV shows. If you like SicFi as much as I do you need to give it a watch. It is well worth watching.

Ellio... I am beginning to hate reading how good your stories are.  Nope, I do hate it.  Allow me to explain.

After the first two installments of your "film noir" slash "50's pulp sci-fi mag" stories, I was hooked.  You have an exquisite way of putting details, sensory descriptions, thoughts and even action out there that rivets the attention of the reader and draws them into the story.  Okay, so the gumshoe from Manhattan using Britishisms and such was a little bit of a reality check here and there.  "Centre" for "Center" and what.  Mildly distracting, but in no way taking away from the story.

Soooo, knowing that you write like I do, never anything small, I decided I'd wait, read it all at once.  Until a bout of writer's block of my own hit.  So I sat down and over the course of two nights, read through to chapter Ten, which at this time was as far as was published.  Every bit as good as anything else I've read by you.  Every bit as tense, nerve wracking and magnetically drawing.

And now I must wait for more...

Damn, that's a good story.  I wait with breath not only baited, but already hooked, lined and sinkered for what happens next.

Well done, Mate.  Ya bloody savage.  Well done.

I will work past my own writer's block and get my ass back in gear.  Keep going, this stuff you have here is fantastic.

Robby

Thank you @Jay  I'm really glad that you're still enjoying the story.

And thank you @D'Artagnon.  High praise indeed from yourself and I'm very grateful for it, so thank you again. :)

You make a good point about the 'Britishisms' and I did toy with the idea of swapping out my spell check for a US one but the misspellings that it produces (and they are misspellings. Your nations continued bastardization of the language cannot go unchecked!  hahaha) offended my eyes so much that I just couldn't do it. (I really am joking but it did look very odd).  There are other things too.  Simple bits that I try and catch like trunk for the book of a car, plaid for check, undershirt for vest and vest for waistcoat and on and on.  I hope that I catch most of them but a few are bound to slip through.  Maybe I need an American editor. haha.

I'll admit that I'm too jaded. We have a lot of authors who write in English (Britishisms), so many that I guess I just no longer see it! or if I do, I just shrug and leave it alone.

What I really do want though, is to get hold of that "inquisitor" and throttle him! I have arrived at the point where I almost dread reading the opening of each chapter and how this person (a term I am using very loosely here) seems to turn the case into a hunt for Quaid.

@Al Norris I'm glad you wanna throttle him as it means that he's serving his purpose in the story so far.  Keeping him combative without being overly aggressive has given cause for a few rewrites of his dialogue here and there.  Occasionally I'll write a line or two of his dialogue and think it's fine until I re-read it a couple of days later and then just think "Dude!  You're just being a dick now."  His attitude in these dialogues is based off of a former boss of mine. ;)  How he survived without someone throttling him I'll never know as that pretty much seemed to be his default banter.

@D'Artagnon When you find out who he is I'll be interested to know if your theory panned out. 

Oh my what a chapter. They are back in the city. If that is a good thing or not who knows. As Quaid looks over the videos he has brought back. You have to ask yourself. Would you believe your own eyes to what is play out before you? 

The weed the Dutchman wants must be some good stuff. I had not thought about Christiansands being an employee of the Dutchman. Maybe. 

Quaid took a lot of photos of his street. Maybe he will find what he wants. A clue to who is watching his place. Then what will or can he do?

A lot of questions here maybe the old lady can help answer them.

Thanks @Jay .  We'll see what she has to say in the next chapter.  With any luck Quaid will find some of the answers that he's looking for.

@D'Artagnon and @Al Norris As alluded to by Christian in chapter 7, they are indeed they are the same seeds that were spirited away from the island by young Kibu in 'Welcome to Halpin Hope.'  But what use are seeds that can't grow into usable plants?

8 hours ago, Ellio Lee said:

As alluded to by Christian in chapter 7, they are indeed they are the same seeds that were spirited away from the island by young Kibu in 'Welcome to Halpin Hope.'  But what use are seeds that can't grow into usable plants?

A couple of things... While I was fairly sure that these were the same seeds, I wasn't going to come right out and say that. Since this is a detective story, I really would have liked it if D'Artagnon made his own deductions.

Secondly, and regardless of the above, if the seeds only produced male plants, then the agronomist was not recreating the native growing environment properly. Something is missing. That something is apparently found on the island and quite possibly nowhere else.

That this may be the case, are the other clues you have dropped into the story. I won't go further than that, as it is only a vague theory at this moment.

Glad you liked Alka.  I like Alka too.  Hmmmmmm... she may have to crop up again in another story sometime.  The oils could be connected... or they could not... The ring?  If it was his to give in the first place would that make Christian one of the good guys?  Or maybe just one of the not so very bad guys?  Or is it a ruse?  Questions questions questions... just as you started getting some answers too...

The plot thickens as some steam is let out.  Good to see that Mr. Scumbag got his just deserts and that Ramsey is thinking of the victims like Mike.  I still feel that things are about bubble on several points.  But I must now look up the Wolf and Lion fable by Aesop, and wonder how that connects to Wolf Turtle, Lion Turtle and Dragon Turtle (from Halpin Hope).  There's something here... i think.

Right?

Right?