HIV/AIDS Fundraiser

ken barber

1430.jpg

Hello everyone, Thank you for taking time to read this. 

HIV/AIDS impacts us more than you know.  Over 3,000 persons in Rhode Island are infected with HIV/AIDS. These over 3,000 people deal with not only the health risks, but the phsycological effects and the stygmatism of living with HIV/AIDS everyday. Something most of us cannot even imagine.

91% of HIV/AIDS cases are between the ages of 30-50+ years of age. Yes this is my age group and most of my freinds fall into this group as well. I have close freinds and family that deal with this every single day. 

73% of persons living with HIV/AIDS are male. 

21% of persons living with HIV/AIDS identify as heterosexual. This is not a gay mans fight, we have have to work together. We have to have open dialogue and we have to have better education about HIV/AIDS

Approximately 50,000 people are newly infected with HIV each year in the U.S. and yes that number is declining, but that is one of the problems, with the new infection rate declining so are donors to the cause. The Fight is not over until we reach zero new infections and have found a cure for those already infected. 

Help get this number to Zero one step at a time. 

Thank you for taking the time to read this and if you would please consider a donation in any amount your able I would personally be grateful but you will also of the gratitude of those living with this disease. Please click the Here to Donate