I'll Kiss You in the Rain

Castle Herald

[Special Note: The new website is now live. As a result the links throughout this thread are invalid except for the latest posting to the thread. All of William King's stories can now be found at William King]

NEW AUTHOR & STORY!

William King

I'll Kiss You in the Rain

Chapters 1 and 2

Edited by Zach Caldwell
Link website notification

I'll Kiss You in the Rain - words from the author.

The idea for the story of Matty and Alex's relationship came from the first chapter, originally just a short story about two best friends who reveal to each other that they are gay. As the novel builds and introduces other characters, we meet Jake, an older guy who hits on Alex. There are other things going on in the background concerning Alex's group of school friends, but the main storyline is the interplay between Alex, Jake, and Matty. The book poses, but never resolves, the question as to whether or not three people can love each other and live together as a 'ménage à trois'.

All my stories contain elements of personal experience, I don't think they would be real if they did not. The most extraordinary thing about writing this book, in fact any of my books, is the character development, the way in which the characters take on a life of their own and live. I have confined the story limits by giving attention and detail to the three principal characters, but if that were not the case, any of the characters could be developed, but of course that would tell a different story.

You are told that any story has a beginning, a middle, and an end. Broadly speaking this is true, but I tend to blur the edges of this concept, because this story is a cameo from the lives of the three main characters, Alex, Jake, and Matty. It could quite easily continue to tell what happens later between the three of them, if you like, the end is purposely left open, a sequel is always possible. This is interesting for me as a writer because it allows me to step back, it gives time for reflection, and that freedom lets the theme for a possible subsequent novel emerge. The continuation of the story presents itself , I don't need to invent it, it's there saying 'write me!'

I'll Kiss You in the Rain.