Halloween 2016 Challenge

Well, here we are! Our third annual Halloween Story writing challenge/contest.

The stories are exceptional this year, even if we didn't get as many as in years before. No Problem! Quality over quantity is better every time.

So sit back, pull up your favorite libation and relax. Read the stories  and enjoy.

Please, don't forget to vote in each of the story polls. This is direct feedback to the author, as well as scoring for the top honors.

One final Note: Please use this thread to post any comments about the stories.

Happy Halloween!

My extreme apologies to not only the author, but you folks trying to read Grandpa's Halloween Story.

Originally, no matter what I tried, I couldn't get the dang thing to fall properly within the text display boundaries. Finally tried a completely different approach this evening and it worked.

So if you have tried to read that story and gave up in frustration, please, give the author another chance. It now be fixed.

Al.

On 10/27/2016 at 11:00 PM, Al Norris said:

My extreme apologies to not only the author, but you folks trying to read Grandpa's Halloween Story.

Originally, no matter what I tried, I couldn't get the dang thing to fall properly within the text display boundaries. Finally tried a completely different approach this evening and it worked.

So if you have tried to read that story and gave up in frustration, please, give the author another chance. It now be fixed.

Al.

I actually read all the way through that one before it was fixed. I liked the story.

I have now read them all.  I am blown away at the creativity, emotion and sense of Halloween fun the other writers have come up with this year.  Can't applaud you guys enough for another stellar job on such short notice.  As many of you have guessed, one of these is mine and in all fairness, I have not voted on it.  Feels too much like cheating to do so, for me.  But I have voted on all of the others, and I have to say, you guys make it difficult to rise to the challenge each year.  Exceptional story crafting all around.  Thanks for some interesting, exotic and quirky takes on Halloween.

And I hope all of you, and many more, are inspired for next year's Halloween contest.  This year will be hard to beat.  Good Luck and again, Thank You!

They were very enjoyable to read.  Some of them I hope can be continued as a longer story.  Maybe a new chapter next year for Halloween as one of the writers did, or just as a story.  Some I believe the author told the whole story and it is not necessary to continue it as they did a great job within the confines of the story they submitted.

As I said in the opening post (OP), the stories this year are exceptional!

Tonight, at midnight, mountain time, I will be closing the the polls and compiling the winners (hope they're all ties!). I will make the announcement here and on Thursday, the 3rd of November, we will publish the top 3 stories on the story site.

Now, having said that... Someone may need to remind me that in 6 months, the rest of the stories will get published.