O'Connell's Grenadiers

Anjobranco

[Special Note: The new website is now live. As a result the links throughout this thread are invalid except for the latest posting to the thread. All of Kyle's stories can now be found at Kyle Matthew Aarons]

Can we hope for some new chapters on this stories?

Edited by Zach Caldwell
Link website notification

Hi folks, I do not know which stories are completed or still in progress. But what I do know is that the editing staff has a back log of chapters ready for editing, revisions and then posting. We got a bit bogged down with having to create a new site and forum and they get everything merged or transferred over. The editing team is working to ramp up our efforts to start getting new chapters to you all. Please bear with us for a bit longer. All the stories are great, which is why I say the wait is usually worth it. Hang in their folks.

Okay, planning the book reading marathon.  If one of Kyle's works, at least two hours, each chapter alone in peace and quite.  No Roland, you may not bug me on Skype! 

Popcorn, drink, nuts, chocolate, iPad... set to go. 

Yep, already. 

Uh, is it here yet? ...  Uh, is it here yet? ...  Uh, is it here yet? ... Uh, is it here yet? ...  Uh, is it here yet? ...

:)

• 3 weeks later...

Dear Kyle Arrons

Thank you for all the stories you have posted so far.

I can tell you, that I have read all of them st least twice, and they where every time as thrilling as the first time.

With the Grenadiers and Brile you have set a very promising scenery and I can't wait to get more of the stories.

Please keep writing.

kind regards

Bruchito

In space, even a 'minor' accident is a major disaster for those involved in it, as the Grenadiers discover. Thankfully, they're well trained (if ill equipped) and trust one another. And of course, when it proves to not be an accident...

Chapters 1 - 12 are posted check them out at http://www.castleroland.net/library/author/kyle_aarons

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

With the latest chapter release, I've put re-reading oCennell's Grenadiers on my list.

One of the incredible things about Kyle's stories is that he's very good at leaving me in a giggling fit, even in the middle of a life-and-death struggle.  Oh, and then he can turn around and end the giggles by digging back into the 'meat' of the struggle, having used a momentary pause to cause the giggles.

I wish I were hafl this good!

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

Kyle.  Good lord man!  That story had me doubling up on my blood pressure medicine!  Seriously.  I read the first ten chapters yesterday and I could NOT stop until Robin and the others had gotten off the crippled PLC.  Caleb and Vlad's dogfight was some of the most never wracking reading I have done in a LONG time.  I didn't get to bed until 0230 this morning but it was worth it.  I just could not go to sleep until there was some resolution of that bit of the story. 

By the way.  Thanks for the recommendation to be sure to read this one as there is so much overlap with "Brile."  I'm caught up with both now and I really need another "fix" from these two tales!  :-)  Glad to hear that both will be updated soon. 

You are a very gifted writer.  You are able to do what so many authors attempt to do, but fail.  You create believable characters that have become "real" to me.  When a writer can make the reader care about the characters they've succeeded as a storyteller.  Outstanding job!

Steve

P.S. Loved the comment from Sergeant Black about "working for a living."  I was enlisted for 14 years and it was good to hear that line again.  :-)

Steve,

thanks. I am glad you have enjoyed O'Connell up till this point. Rest assured chapter 14 of both are on the 'scheduling block' as I have sent both out to be worked I to the rotation of chapters to be posted.

I am really thrilled you enjoyed the dogfight, since I rewrote that scene about 5 times before I felt I got it right.

stay tuned for some more excitement. It is on the way.

• 3 weeks later...

Chapter 14 of both of these stories was worth the wait! 

Another bit of a cliff-hanger with Neil and Valerie posing as "civilians" to get into the building and free more hostages.  I'm really curious to find out what the one brother gave to Neil that has him so excited and willing to loan out his frame. 

I think it was Niteowl who mentioned about Brile and Oconnell having some crossover at some point.  I'd love to see that, but I think if and when it happens, it's going to be awhile.  It seems like there's a lot of story that needs to be covered before we get to that point.

• 1 month later...

I wish there were three of him, so Kyle would have enough time to work on all of his awesome stories, at the same time.  All of Kyle's stories tell wonderful tales of kids who are mature well beyond their years.  Of all his writings, the O'Connell Grenadiers is the one that I wish there were more of.  I once wrote Kyle that I felt this story could well be a movie as the characters are so well developed and the story line is one that both adults and youngsters could get involved in.  I sure hope Kyle can find the time to work on this 'out of this world' story so we can all find out how they are going to rescue their fiends.  Thank You, Kyle, for giving us such well thought out tales!