Lessons Learned

Emperor Roland

[Special Note: The new website is now live. As a result the links throughout this thread are invalid except for the latest posting to the thread. All of Andrew Todd's stories can now be found at Andrew Todd]

Chapters 6-10 are now live tell the community what you think of the story.

Continuation of Riding Lessons and some Lessons Learned along the way.

http://www.castleroland.net/library/author/andrew_todd

Edited by Zach Caldwell
Link website notification

Dirt road, Not sure if you realized it or not. There are two stories. Riding Lessons which is complete with 25 chapters. Then there is lessons learned, a story in progress and a continuation of Riding Lessons, with the first 10 chapters posted. Not if that addresses your issue. If I am not understanding you, please clarify for me and I will see what I can do about either fixing a problem or get you on track. Thank you for posting and hope we can resolve this for you soon.

Thanks Zack

I'm aware of the first story and really enjoyed it. I'm not sure how to discuss this without a spoiler alert. The is a major discontinuity between chapters 5 and 6 that is not typical for this story. At the end of chapter 5 Danny is reunited with family and CJ. The ranch sale is pending. Start of chapter 6 has a raft of new characters, and old ones in new roles. Bits of history of the new characters are give throughout chapters 6 - 10. Since this history is key to motivations and plot it seems we should have read the stories of the new characters.

I have escalated this up to the Editing Staff. Someone will be looking into it to see if there is indeed a problem. It could be that something might of gotten distorted or lost in the merge over to the new site. As soon as I know something specific about this, I will get back to you. Again, thank you for bringing this up.

UPDATE:: Upon inspection we have determined there is indeed an error between chapters 5 and 6. We will be addressing this soon. Please remember folks, this is why we have the community that we do. We look out for each other. The editing staff is great, but even we make mistakes from time to time, or code gets messed up during an update. So keep those eagle eyes open and let us know when something is not right.

• 3 months later...

I just finished reading "Riding Lessons" and found "Lessons Learned". After reading "Danny & CJ" I tried to read chapter 1. I get that painful error '404 Not Found'. Opened chapter two and clicked 'Previous Chapter' with the same results.

Did "Lessons Learned, Chapter 1" get lost somewhere?

Thanks for checking.