We're Not Gonna Take It!

Castle Herald

• 3 weeks later...

Alan!!!!

OMG! This is incredible. Are you kidding me? If you EVER doubt you can write again, I'll track you down and beat you with a stick. I cried, I screamed inside, I was revolted and I was resolved. And I'm just the reader.

In two short chapters you have sunk the hook deep into me. I only wish I could write such suspense. Of course, I write more of a romance type story most of the time, but I absolutely love this story. It is already BY FAR my favorite RU story (don't tell Ken and Dave....grin).

This paragraph leaped off the screen at me when I first read it, so much so I stopped and copied it here before I even finished reading the chapter because I had to tell you how it grabbed me:

"...This is going to be unbelievably hard, make no mistake about that. Anyone who has reservations about this, need not apply. It's going to take more than simple resolve to see this through. It's going to take more than endurance. It's going to take the sort of patriots this country hasn't seen in a long, long time."

In those simple sentences you defined and declared what this story is all about, and I'm in. Way in. I can't wait to see what these guys do. I've been waiting to see somebody take it to Ashwood the old fashioned American way - ordinary citizens rising up to fight for what's right. 

I'm NOT putting on here. I am amazed at how good this is. And I desperately want more. PLEASE post faster!!!!!!!

I've been looking at these responses for the last half hour. I'm almost at a loss as to how to respond. Almost!

Thank you all, it does encourage me.

If at any point, you decide this story isn't any good, you can blame Ken. He was the one that instigated my writing this story and is my beta reader. So yeah, we can all blame him!! (that's my story and I'm sticking to it! :P )

I suppose I should get back to writing chapter 8......

Excellent start Alan!  I really love all of the Revolutions stories and this one is no different.  The only problem I have is that there are ONLY two chapters posted.  This is one of those tales where I want to just sit down and read a dozen chapters or so. 

I can't imagine how difficult it must be for all of the authors to take on a project like this.  The amount of coordination and behind-the-scenes back and forth  must be huge.  You have seemlessly blended your new story into what has already been written by the others.  Well done!  Now give me more!

Steve

Thank you Steve.

Yes, it does take a some co-ordination between the authors. It also takes the various editors to make sure we authors aren't in conflict with each other. Believe me, that is sometimes the biggest chore of all.

Being part of the editing staff and now an author, I understand the entire process. Sometimes, it is the diligence of our volunteer staff that keeps the wrinkles out of the stories!

Al.

• 3 weeks later...

Excellent update, Alan!  I can see these guys definitely doing their best to mess with the troops supporting Ashwood.  I just hope the adults back at home stay vigilant and protect themselves from amy kind of retaliation.  The Nazi's used to retaliate by killing dozens of civilian folks whenever they got hit with a resistance type attack.  I can see Ashwood's goons doing the same thing.

The parents seem to be preparing themselves.  I just hope they all take it seriously enough and don't think it can't happen to them.  Things have changed in Ashwood's America and the resistance has to be as ruthless as the traitors.

Alan you wrote

NiteOwl, I don't know what age that might be, but at 64, I routinely hit an 8inch paper plate at 200yds, with my .44 Super BlackHawk. Open sights. Single handed (left or right). 4 out of 6 shots. I aim to get better.

I have you by a few years I prefer my 41 over the 44 But at 600 yards I do not run away just walk

Steve, they are all taking this very seriously. The only real problem is that the guys are currently working with a disadvantage. They are grossly (well, mostly) underpowered by their choice of arms.

NiteOwl, haven't ever owned a .41. Heck don't know anyone that does. My current choice for long distance is my .300winmag (Ruger Mark II). I do have a friend that owns a Lapua .338... Very nice shooter! Wish I had the money for one.