Introductions

Emperor Roland

• 3 weeks later...

One more reply...

I am a retired viet-nam veteran, born long-long ago, in a land far-far away.  (Texas)

Great fan of CSU, L.A.F.B., Haven, Dan Kirk, Michael Arram's Henry stories, Jamie Haze, Silver Wolf, STL, Waddie Greywolf, and a multitude of other authors. 

Most of my time is spent reading, drinking 50% decaf coffee and playing with my computer. 

I run Linux Mint on my home built system, haven't used winbloze since 2007...

Bob

I joined the editing staff of RU, in Dec. 2013. 'nam vet - I Corps, class of 69-70. I currently work as Floor Sales for our local Ace Hardware.

Gotcha beat, Bob! the last copy of winders to foul my hard drives was Win 2K. Started  with a distro (slackware) back in '02 and made the full move in '04. I have been a die-hard SuSE fan since '06. Played with several others, but kept coming back to SuSE.

The last store bought machine, was for my SO in '07. I have built all of mine since the early 90's.

Ok, I was in the Air Force `66 to `70. Crew-chief on single engine interceptors(F-102a).  Based at Clark Field in the PI, and tdy to nam and thailand (Funny looking little airplanes without insignia or numbers, but

with metal slats in the skin where an insignia could be slid in...)  Someone mentioned that there were a lot of "COMPANY" people there..

Started out on computers in college in `70 learning assembler and cobol.  Later learned basic and C-Basic 80. First actual computer was an Ibex... power supply, 10 meg, 8inch Hdd and 2-8" DSDD floppies; in a 2-ft square by 10" high solid steel case,  Separate TTY monitor, and a keyboard/motherboard combo about like the original C-64. But only an 8080 @ 2.5 Mhz and 64K ram. 

I, too started with linux (also Suse) back in the the early 90's but had a separate system I rebuilt, for that.

Beta tested ME and XP, and finally gave up on MS around 2007 for Ubuntu, then switched to Mint when Gnome 3 came out and support for Gnome II ended.  Now running Mint 12 LTS, which has support thru

2017.  System is about 5 years old, with 5 HDD's and Blue-Ray Burner for cd dvd and bdr.. 

later,

Bob

Well I'm a windows guy and have been since I was young enough to cuss about it. . . . Well I'm actually a lot older than it in fact I go back to Amstrad, Amiga, CPM and DOS. Just forward of needing a number two needle for the punch cards.\

Having said that I write stories that give gaylings hope and I'm a transplant from Saber Peak.

And just to show I'm a bridge builder, I was US Army Flight Surgeon's Detachment of 143 Evac Hospital and before that 107th Air Cav. SO I wasn't Air Farce but I did enjoy doing the flight physicals on the pretty boys.

Glad to be here and thanks for having me. And Roland, thanks for makeing the pictures a reality here. Without it I don't think Tears of the Dragon Boy would ever get read.

Cheers,

All

John

aka Ricky the writer (At least until someone good comes along.)

• 3 weeks later...

I guess I will add my two cents (sense?) worth to this blog. I am a new writer to this story site, however, I have been writing and posting at other websites for a number of years. Before that, I wrote for my many (6) grandchildren's enjoyment. I am 77 years old and have been widowed since 2003. I live alone, with my little (he thinks he is HUGE) 9 pound toy fox terrier on the side of a mountain in Arizona at 4500 feet and more miles than I like to drive into Tucson. I have a large Ford 4x4 truck and a small travel (camping) trailer that I travel during the good weather months, around the southwest. I no longer strike out on my own, but I do still go! I have spent time as a Licensed Merchant Marine Engineer Officer, Naval Officer and Professional Engineer, owning my own company for many years before I was forced to retire, VERY unwillingly! I am also a Court Appointed Intervention Counselor and work wth boys and young men who have gotten into trouble, primarily not of their own making. My wife and I fostered two abused boys, in addition to having our own children and one of those boys was gay. I might add that he is a better son to me than my own "blood" children! Many of my stories have gay boys in them, however, I do NOT write about sex scenes or actions, that is not what my stories are about. I write about help, acceptance and care of children, mostly boys, and my heroes are both gay and straight boys and young men.

Charles Bird

I am Portuguese and I am 42 years old and I am a single gay man. 
I am not very good with words so I apologize in advance. 
Over the last 10 years I have read many stories on some websites and got some profiles on some forums, but have never written about me in any of them, nor was I much to do posts on them, but I do not know, something compel me to do this post here.
I am a very shy and reserved person, always was and still I am. I got my first 'I show you mine if you show yours" when I was 12 years old, lol. But back those days nobody talk about gays and internet access wasn't really good, so i spend the next 20 years of my life in denial, and severely depress, that very stupid sense that you are the only one on world that felt that way. I bought my first PC when I was 32, and it was a life changer. The only time a try to write some, it was about my my real first time, I was 32 and bout of them weren't really good so a never write again. In the last 10 years a got some really good relationships and some very bad. Now I am single and still looking for the mister right, hoping a will find him some day.

Anjobranco, We are happy to have you join our family here at Castle Roland. I am very pleased to learn that you felt comfortable sharing a bit about yourself and posting to our forum. Thank you for sharing a bit about yourself. I know how hard it can seem at times to find someone or to date or to have a relationship. I was in a similar situation as yours not too long ago. I had reached a point where I was ready to give up on ever finding a guy or having a relationship was content to be alone for the rest of my life and I would of been okay with that. Ironically, it seems, when I hit that point, Michael walked into my life. We have been together for 3 years, 4 come this October.

Sometimes we look so hard for something, that it is just better to step back and no look for a bit. Let things go as they may. Hang in there, it will work out for you.

Welcome Anjobranco. Let me also welcome you. I understand completely your position. For many coming out wasn't safe. For many around the world it is still not safe. I am hoping that where you are it is now ok to be gay. Don't give up, there are good guys out there in the same position as you are, continue looking, you'll find him, he's looking for you as well.

And a welcome to seabird. Tucson is a hot place but where you are it is beautiful and cool, I think. Be welcome.

Anjobranco,

Welcome.  We are quite a mixed (up) group here.  All are welcome and you are as important to us as anyone.  I hope you enjoy our stories and will feel comfortable commenting.

We do get kind of crazy sometimes so be warned.

Well first I found,  Jeffs fort,  then that all changed and became the fort family,  then it all fell out a bed and Timmys tree house appeared,  then what was left fell out a bed again and we got the dragons weyr,  now we seem to have the castle that Roland built,  I suppose its progress in that we have upgraded from forts to castles with a slight detour to dragons nests and tree houses,  but I'm not sure I have found what I'm looking for yet.   Although if I knew what I was looking for I'd probably have the sence not to be looking for it.

Good Morning Everyone,

I am Ken Barber, author of "Cyclone" posted here on Castle Roland. This is the first time I have posted a story on a site with a very active forum and I love it.

I have a silly little routine every morning.

When I get up before work I check my email hoping someone sent me a note about one of my stories. I sit down and fire up the laptop, taking my first sip of coffee. Open my email server and almost close my eyes hoping, heart beating fasting. Oh no what if someone tells me they don't like it. Do I really want to know that? Then the email opens and most days nothing from readers, Oh well maybe tomorrow. On the days there is that email with a subject line like "Your Story" or "Cyclone". My heart skips a beat and I get excited. Its like christmas day and I am 8 years old again and I see that midnight blue bike sitting under the tree almost glowing like its magical. Maybe a little bit of an exaggeration there but I do get excited.

The Moral of the story is:

1 Getting feedback from the readers is our muse, our motivation.

2.I love being able to interact with the readers through this forum. This is even better  than emails.

Thank you all 

Ken Barber

Ken,

Don't ever let a negative email get you down.  I have found that about 1 out of 100 readers that like your story will write but 100% of those that don't like it write.  When I started posting HAVEN I got a bunch of negative feedback about too much sex.  Then I posted it on Nifty and got as many saying there wasn't enough sex.  So I decided that I must be doing it right.

If you ever want to vent about an email we will listen and get you back on track.  Juan, Sammy and Neal will see to it.

I'm of the opinion that a writer must write for him or herself first. And if it pleases you then it will please others. Nobody can be a friend to everybody. That's why There are so many flavors of ice cream. So never let them get you down. But always thank them for expressing their views. Sometimes it does make us better writers. And if the email is flaming and you thank them for writing, it throws water on their need to find power in belittling someone else's work. They usually want to start an argument or to steal your happiness. Just let it roll off your back and keep writing for yourself first, the readers second.

And have fun.

Be welcome Ken

Thanks for the input, I have only received a couple of negative emails. Yes I may have shed a few tears ( :P ) but i got over it. Most of the emails and comments have been fantastic and have only enflamed my desire to write. I only wish I could retire and write full time. Stupid life getting in my way again.

I was one of those that read the stories like them and never write about it and never send an e-mail.
I still do not send e-mails but this was the first forum where a felt comfortable enough to post my opinions not just on the stories i read but over other topic as well.

Anjobranco, I am glad you feel comfortable in our community and I know the authors will appreciate any feedback you are willing to provide. Your views and perspective are most welcome.

P.S. How would your prefer to be addressed? I could keep typing Anjobranco, but I find myself wanting to Type Anjo, to speed things up a bit, but I know from personal experience I like to be addressed in certain ways so I wanted to check with you so as not to risk offending you.

• 2 months later...

Well I'm an author here on Castle Roland and I have to say I'm glad to be here.  I'm a relatively new author in the grand scheme of things, and I began writing on nifty when I started to complain about some of the wham bam thank you sam type of stories there.  Of course there were good stories on there as well, but I found myself grumbling about the really low quality of writing that can be found relatively rampant on that site.  Don't get me wrong I think nifty is a good enough place for writers and readers, but there are a lot of stories on it not worth the time or effort.  I found myself grumbling about it, but then had to pull back the reigns because in my opinion I didn't have a right to complain because others had at least put the time and effort into writing a story.  I've never done that before, so I had no right to complain.  This prompted me to give it a try, thus Stormy Weather was born.  At first I wrote the story just to see if I could actually write a decent story and I wasn't even going to post it, then for some reason I figured it was written so what the heck.  I submitted it to nifty and was surprised to find out that there were a lot of people out there who felt the same way I did about the majority of stories being posted on the site.  There were some very nice gems on there, but you really had to look for them to root them out.

The people who emailed me begged for more so I figured what the heck and gave it another try figuring my first story was a fluke, thus Sweet Cheeks was born and my readers were now hooked.  At around that time Roland contacted me asking to join one of his sites, but truthfully I was all new to the writing game and I just wasn't ready so I sort of held off.  After four stories with nifty I began to have problems with the archivist and since this was a hobby for me I simply was going to stop submitting stories because I didn't need those kinds of hastles or headaches.  Roland once more contacted me and asked me to continue to write and that he would get my stories on Saberpeak.  Well I began submitting my stories there right about the time the stuff happened with Saberpeak, lol.  Anyway, I stuck with it and transferred over here and I'm happy to be here.  This is a great place for authors and readers alike.  The quality of authors that Roland has pulled together is fantastic.  All the stories on this site are first rate, and there is a bit of everything here to satiate all readers' preferences.

I have to commend Roland and all the people working on this site who make it what it is...a fantastic place for everyone.  It is through your hard work where ideas come to life.

Well I'm an author here on Castle Roland and I have to say I'm glad to be here.  I'm a relatively new author in the grand scheme of things, and I began writing on nifty when I started to complain about some of the wham bam thank you sam type of stories there.  Of course there were good stories on there as well, but I found myself grumbling about the really low quality of writing that can be found relatively rampant on that site.  Don't get me wrong I think nifty is a good enough place for writers and readers, but there are a lot of stories on it not worth the time or effort.  I found myself grumbling about it, but then had to pull back the reigns because in my opinion I didn't have a right to complain because others had at least put the time and effort into writing a story.  I've never done that before, so I had no right to complain.  This prompted me to give it a try, thus Stormy Weather was born.  At first I wrote the story just to see if I could actually write a decent story and I wasn't even going to post it, then for some reason I figured it was written so what the heck.  I submitted it to nifty and was surprised to find out that there were a lot of people out there who felt the same way I did about the majority of stories being posted on the site.  There were some very nice gems on there, but you really had to look for them to root them out.

The people who emailed me begged for more so I figured what the heck and gave it another try figuring my first story was a fluke, thus Sweet Cheeks was born and my readers were now hooked.  At around that time Roland contacted me asking to join one of his sites, but truthfully I was all new to the writing game and I just wasn't ready so I sort of held off.  After four stories with nifty I began to have problems with the archivist and since this was a hobby for me I simply was going to stop submitting stories because I didn't need those kinds of hastles or headaches.  Roland once more contacted me and asked me to continue to write and that he would get my stories on Saberpeak.  Well I began submitting my stories there right about the time the stuff happened with Saberpeak, lol.  Anyway, I stuck with it and transferred over here and I'm happy to be here.  This is a great place for authors and readers alike.  The quality of authors that Roland has pulled together is fantastic.  All the stories on this site are first rate, and there is a bit of everything here to satiate all readers' preferences.

I have to commend Roland and all the people working on this site who make it what it is...a fantastic place for everyone.  It is through your hard work where ideas come to life.

Hi Hunter and welcome. I confess I haven't read anything of yours "yet" but I plan to remedy that shortly. And thanks for the compliment. Being one of the writer's selected to post here I'll enjoy the flowers you've thrown my way. Meanwhile, be welcome and be prolific!

Cheers,

r

• 2 weeks later...

I am an author on this site and have been writing and posting stories since 2007, first on AC's Corner Cafe, where much of my earlier stories are posted still, then on Saber Peak Ranch and when the ranch folded, I was asked to move here to Castle Roland.  I have several stories on this site and most recently late March I had just finished a couple of months before writing Disconnect and was working on a sequel to one of my earlier stories, by request of many people, I was asked if I would be interested in bringing my Disconnected Characters, which as far as I was concerned were done, I had planned no continuation of that story, into the RU.   I thought about it for a few days, and suddenly, sequel is set aside and Changing Connections was born.  It has been a blast working with the other authors in bringing this world to life.  A lot of things going on in the RU, so curl up with your computer, tablet, phone or other accessing device and enjoy

• 2 weeks later...

*taps mic a few times*  "is this thing on?"

Hiya, I'm D'Artagnon, aka Robby, I have a series of stories on IOMFATS under the name D'Artagnon, all set in a slightly offset version of my parents' Massachusetts small river town.  I'd say that my stories are about not just sex or exploring homosexual themes for young people, but about discovering yourself, delving into that adventure that is life, and working on those weird things that defy conventional wisdom, 

In the near future my existant and continuing stories may wind up here as well.  Secretly, there is a project in the works for here alone.  I don't want to give away an major spoilers, but it may involve a special sort of summer camp as well as a special sort of summer campers.  Grrr.   'Nuff said for now. 

Anyways, I look forward to reading through the stories here.  I'm fascinated yet perplexed by the Revolutions stories.  Just began "The Stuff that Dreams Are Made Of" by Ricky and think i'm kinda hooked.  So while i'm definitely in writing mode, I'm reading as much as I can as well.

Feel free to hit me up on yahoo or skype.  I tend to just leave the messengers on all the time so if you don't get me right away, leave a message.  I work late nights/early mornings, but my sleep schedule is erratic, so you never can tell if I'm awake in front of the compy. 

Yahoo and Skype are both robbybluewolf@yahoo.com and robbybluewolf@hotmail.com, respectively. 

Seeya on the other side, my brothers

Robby  aka D'Artagnon