Holiday Handoff

Castle Herald

So I saw the heading on Monday about a new story from MultiMapper. Having not read anything by this author, I thought, why not, I have a few minutes left in my lunch hour. BIG MISTAKE!

Yup yup.

Anything MM writes is worth reading.  It's been so long since genuinely new chapters (instead of reposts) have come out that it's sad, but when a new chapter comes out (like the recent day-dreamers one) it's always a treat.

Never take anything MM writes lightly :D

What have I been doing with my time?

Let's see... In the last five months I've written 4 new chapters of Hurt & Comfort, 1 new chapter of Spider, 1 new chapter of Holiday Handoff, 4 new chapters of Son of Voyager, 1 new chapter of The Shadow of a Soul, 1 new chapter of UA7:The Opposite Heaven, and 1 new chapter of Daydreamer

I guess I've been slacking.

Wait!

Oh yeah, I've also written 10 new chapters of Metamorphosis

I'll try and pick up the pace.  ;)

I can promise you that there WILL be more chapters coming, I just can't promise when they will be coming. I have quite a few stories in progress, so it could take a while. However, every time I get a positive comment about a particular story, it motivates me to work on that one. By making this post, you've just dramatically improved the chances that a new chapter will be coming sooner rather than later.

MM

If I had known that was what it took to get a new chapter I would have posted every day. LOL :P Really looking forward to a new chapter of Holiday Handoff. :D  Keep up the good work!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I just discovered Holiday Handoff this past week, and like Jack Schaeffer, invested lots of time in the story (and also in Spider). Let me add to the clamor to get more chapters of Holiday Handoff, especially since the holiday season is coming back upon us.

--RIgel

p.s. i love your signature--one of my favorite poems!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

There is always hope for more of Spider. Or maybe if we're really, really good he'll start a sequel. Or we find a way to blackmail him.

I'm open to either way as long as we get more good stories.

PS, Read chapter 16 and loved it except for the part that said, 'The End.' But I agree with your editor it was a great ending and the right spot to end this story.

I'll do my best to keep new stories and new chapters coming as quickly as I can. Even though Holiday Handoff has ended, that doesn't mean that you can't dust it off and read it again sometime, when you're in that mood. It wouldn't surprise me if the characters were to turn up again either in Spider, or another story, just like Judge Jamie and Maurice turn up from time to time in other stories, so could any of these guys.

I don't know what I'm going to do for next Christmas, but I'll do my best to make it something enjoyable.

MM

• 8 months later...

wow!

just rushed through this till the end in ? two days or so? cant be much more.

and its simply wow! what a strange and totally crashed family but coming together this way here and there. everywhere in these crashes are still pieces of hope.

what i would like to know, who robbed joaquin? and who destroyed this food help kitchen? do they find the aggressors?

whats going on with denise and ruthie/nolan? whats going on with brucie? and whats going on with the daily life of the couple? maybe some nice night scenes appreciated :D

please tell us its only the end of book 1 of it.

but, one small critics point: u use the word frankly quite often. sometimes multiple times in a paragraph. are there maybe some synonyms for that word to use? am no native english so i dont know for sure.

Darian

In case you haven't read it, the story Spider crosses over with Holiday Handoff. Although Holiday Handoff has ended, it's entirely possible that some of our favorite characters might show up and some of our questions might be answered there.

Also, many of the Spider and Holiday Handoff characters show up in my Revolutions Universe stories (Metamorphosis, How Soon Is Now, APOC). You just have to keep in mind that the characters are eight years older.

I am aware of my overuse of the word 'frankly', I will also admit to overusing 'seriously'. And for the past two years I have been limiting myself to one 'peacefully' per chapter. Recovery is an ongoing process.