Holiday Handoff

Castle Herald

[Special Note: The new website is now live. As a result the links throughout this thread are invalid except for the latest posting to the thread. All of Multimapper stories can now be found at MultiMapper]

Chapter 1 presented at http://www.castleroland.net/library/author/multimapper

Edited by Zach Caldwell
Link website notification

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, to be honest I just started to read this because I was bored and was caught up on the stories I had been following. Should have known better with the authors on this site. It was very interesting and a compelling read. I have now read all 13 chapters in two days and have another story to keep up with.

BTW, Marc's family is hilarious to read about. Keep up the good work! :D 

Okay, to be honest I just started to read this because I was bored and was caught up on the stories I had been following. Should have known better with the authors on this site. It was very interesting and a compelling read. I have now read all 13 chapters in two days and have another story to keep up with.

BTW, Marc's family is hilarious to read about. Keep up the good work! :D 

I'm glad you're enjoying it. I'll do my best to keep them coming.

• 2 weeks later...

So I saw the heading on Monday about a new story from MultiMapper. Having not read anything by this author, I thought, why not, I have a few minutes left in my lunch hour. BIG MISTAKE! I read the synopsis and this story sounded intriguing. I opened the first chapter and....I have done no work since lunch yesterday, and I am so in trouble now. I have to work late tonight and tomorrow (a Saturday) just to make up the time I invested in reading this Holiday Hand Off. And yes, I do mean invested...not wasted.

This was a poignant, beautiful, realistic, and very emotional ride into the lives of some fascinating characters. My own very dysfunctional family created many very similar Christmas "celebrations" complete with drunk uncles, slut cousins, fist fights, cat fights, and that was all before we opened presents, also always given by my grandparents. I laughed, I cried (many times) and above all, I hoped. I hoped for Christian to have a safe home, I hoped for Collin to have a great relationship with his father, and I hoped that Galen and Marc would be strong enough to endure all the changes. Then you throw in all the other characters and all their own drama and wow, you have one hell of an exciting story. 

Now I have to come off the ride and go back to work. Sigh. I can only hope that a new chapter of this story will come soon. Thank you, MultiMapper, for a well-spent day!

I can promise you that there WILL be more chapters coming, I just can't promise when they will be coming. I have quite a few stories in progress, so it could take a while. However, every time I get a positive comment about a particular story, it motivates me to work on that one. By making this post, you've just dramatically improved the chances that a new chapter will be coming sooner rather than later.

MM