That September Morning

Zach Caldwell

[Special Note: The new website is now live. As a result the links throughout this thread are invalid except for the latest posting to the thread. All of Ken Barber stories can now be found at Ken Barber]

Uploaded as a Special 9/11 Tribute, earlier this morning and can be found at http://www.castleroland.net/library/author/ken_barber

Edited by Zach Caldwell
Link website notification

I read your story.  It was short and sad.   As Sept 11th is my birthday I try to check out stories involving 9/11 and FDNY!    I am also a 20 year retired Veteran of this country and remember that day well.  I was off from work (for my birthday) and watched the whole horrible even happen before my eyes.  By the time the 2nd tower fell I was completely in tears and knew that we had lost a lot of hero's from New York's Finest.  I have always had a love for the fire service mainly because my father was a fire fighter.  Every year I still celebrate my birthday but sometimes it is a bitter sweet day.  I usually end the day listening to Darrel Worrley's rendition of "Have You Forgotten".  Thanks for posting the story it was very good.

Doublebbw,

Thank you. It was a tough story to write but something told me it needed to be written. I wanted to keep it short  or maybe I should say I dont think I could have handled it if I tried to write something long. Its a sad day for all of us and we will never forget.

Happy Birthday.

Ken B