[Special Note: The new website is now live. As a result the links throughout this thread are invalid except for the latest posting to the thread. All of Ken Barber stories can now be found at Ken Barber]

Chapters 1-9 are posted!

Synopsis:

Alone but content with his 9-5 life Dale's typical day spins out of control when some big shots from an east coast company swarm his office. Dale's life gets turned upside down as adventure and danger surround him. Through out it all he gathers a group of very close friends that become his new family.

Edited by Zach Caldwell
Link website notification

Very nice chapter.

I think that it is not the last time we will see that dickhead of the Doug Mathis, i think he really needs a very strong lesson on humility, and that some will show him the error of his way, preferable in an very painfully way.

Humm i think i see the makings of a new couple in the future Greg and Max?

Eager to read the next chapter

Last night after we finished the update to the site I made a very unwise decision.  I started to read 'Cyclone'!  I had caught glimpses of it over the past few weeks and had been intrigued, wondering how that scene or that character fit into the overall story.  Unfortunately, I do not have much free time.  Last night, I grabbed my iPad, opened the site and clicked on 'Cyclone' chapter 1.  Five and a half hours before I had to get up for work, I was into chapter 4.  Went through the next chapter or two at 3:30am this morning.  Lunch with 'Cyclone'.  And now I just finished chapter 13. ... Okay where is the next chapter?  Hooked, I am hooked!  What is going to happen now?  I have to wait till next Thursday.  

Ken, Mr. Barber, thank you so much for sharing your vision of INS with all of us.  

If any readers have not read it yet, I highly recommend it.

I owe all of you, who are following this story, and most especially the author, Ken Barber, a big apology.

Last weeks update of Chapter 16 was not Chapter 16, but Chapter 17. That has now been corrected.

So if you thought 16 read a little disjointed, um, it was. You might go back to chapter 16 and read it fresh. Then move on to chapter 17, and it should make more sense to you all.

Ken? My sincere apologies for this fuck-up.

I want to thank all the readers for your feedback about "Cyclone". "Cyclone" was my baby and I am very proud of it, the feed back and constructive criticism was very helpful and motivating. I currently have more stories in the pipeline. One is "Dawns Early Light" set in the Revolutions Universe. The Revolutions Universe is an alternate reality type story that splits the US down the middle. Its a unique look at a potential conflict in the US. Great stories by some really fantastic writers. Thanks again to all the readers of Cyclone and I hope you enjoy my new story. 

• 5 weeks later...