Sword of Light

Zach Caldwell

[Special Note: The new website is now live. As a result the links throughout this thread are invalid except for the latest posting to the thread. All of Rilbur stories can now be found at Rilbur]

Magic used to be a secret. It didn't use to be a constant headache for Mathew, formerly one of the most powerful Magi on Earth. Now he has to deal with bigots who think he should be shot on sight, and a monster who preys on the free will of innocent beings, all with just a fraction of his former power.

Story Completed. http://www.castleroland.net/library/author/rilbur

Edited by Zach Caldwell
Link website notification

• 4 months later...

You know, I have a lot of ideas rattling around in my brain.  Most don't ever go anywhere.

This series is one I've always wanted to get back to, because the premise is just so interesting, but I've never quite found a second story for Mat and Jenkins.

Then an idea popped into my head this morning -- one which I may just make the basis for a Halloween story, assuming I have enough time before the deadline.  Stories, like babies, take time to gestate!

That said, I have a question for my readers, and I'd like some feedback.  I'm thinking about rebooting this universe, in a manner similar to what Mercedes Lackey did with the Elemental Masters.  The 'first' book in the series, the fire rose, set up the basic ideas, but when she went to turn it into a series she basically ignored most of the details.  It was a starting point, a muscle stretcher, a way to work out the ideas, but she didn't let it nail her down.

Now I'd like to revisit this universe, borrowing a lot of the ideas and basics, but discarding all of the details so I can start fresh -- with a better idea of my goal.  But before I do that, as I said above -- feedback.  Anyone see any issues?  Anyone just plain excited to see some movement here?  Anyone think at all?

• 7 months later...