Brile

[Special Note: The new website is now live. As a result the links throughout this thread are invalid except for the latest posting to the thread. All of Kyle's stories can now be found at Kyle Matthew Aarons]

Blood's Honor may be a mercenary group, but they also run the finest military school in the galaxy -- and these children, the cream of the crop, will prove it by surviving on a hostile world filled with dangers.

Chapters 1 - 12 are posted at http://www.castleroland.net/library/author/kyle_aarons

Edited by Zach Caldwell
Link website notification

• 2 months later...

Well I have to say this is a nice little gem of a story. I usually do not read while I'm writing but I had to take a short break from my own intense story I'm writing to give my brainpan a bit of a break. I have to say that there is a lot of effort and time that is going in this story with a lot of details about futuristic kinds of weaponry, along with foreign plant life and animals on differing worlds. The caliber of story telling and details are right up there with other famous writers of this genre. To be honest I think this story could easily find it's way on to the bookshelves in stores. It is very well done and I've been enjoying it tremendously. Now I only have to wait until the other chapters come out and figure out when I'm going to take another break from my own writing. I'm one of those authors who can't read other stories while I'm writing because it messes up my own style. Don't know why that happens but it sucks sometimes because I can't enjoy other stories while writing, lol. I had to wait a whole week after reading these chapters before I could get back to my own story, but the read was worth it all.

I'm not so good at giving synopsis of stories providing an overview for readers to give them a taste of the story. All I can offer up here is to say it is very well written and thought out. The story pulls you in from the get-go, and you can easily connect with the characters. I highly recommend you read the preface because it will give you some insight into the transition of the meat and potatoes portion of the overall story. It's a long one, but it is one that is a nail-biter, and will keep you on the edge of your seat. The author does a good job of giving you a sort of back story to the main story that begins with chapter one, and it will also give you a good idea of all the technical aspects the author has put into providing the reader a glimpse with futuristic weaponry. So if nothing else give the preface a read, and I'm sure you will be hooked.

Great job Kyle, and I hope to see more chapters churning out here real soon.

Hunter

Yeah well it's bad enough that it took me a whole week to get back into writing mode so I think I had better wait until I get Brile completed first.  I just hope it isn't one of those stories that gets started and doesn't finish, or if it does finish then doesn't take until two years later, lol.  I hate that, lol.  It's why I don't start submitting my stories unless they are done or pretty much done.  This way people don't have to wait forever in between chapters, lol.  My readers can hardly wait one week until the next as it is, lol.  Anyway, I'm sure this one will be finished at some point and until then I better not start on any new ones or I'll really mess up my writing.  It sucks that I can't write and read other works, but my style gets totally catywonkers when I do that.  I made the mistake of doing that when I was writing Sweet Cheeks and I had to chuck about 4 or 5 chapters worth of stuff because I had taken on the style and characteristics of the writing and story I was reading at the time.

So maybe after I get done with Brile I'll give Grenadiers a whirl.  We will have to see.  Maybe while I take a break in between stories.  Thanks for the suggestion.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Man!  I surely hope this one picks up again!  I was really disappointed to see how long it had been since this one was updated.

I'm not a huge fan of sci-fi type stories, but some of you guys here on CR are making me rethink that.  :-)  This tale has me hooked.  I started with the CSU stories, drifted over here for "Revolutions" and have been working my way through most of the completed stories.  Recently, I started on some of the "in progress" tales.  Generally, I hate to start a story that's not finished as I REALLY get emotionally invested in the characters and their plights, but the quality of the writing on this site has caused me to say "the hell with that" and jump into some that are still being written.  I just hope I still remember what's happened when any updates are released. (Hint, hint!) 

Kyle, thanks for a super start to this story.  This is too good to leave hanging. 

Steve

• 3 weeks later...

Having been reading Kyle's stories for several years now, I think I can spot where he's headed with things, and I really don't want to spoil anything with conjecture but I just have a feeling that things are about to get, as Spock would say, "Fascinating."   

And I really think we are going to be in for a shocking surprise when it comes to Cory.  I personally feel that he is a lot more than what he seems to be.  

Roger

Still liking this one! 

Multiple story lines going on, with Candice hopefully gathering a little team together to aid her.  I hope she manages to get things straight in her head and hooks up again with the others.

A bit of a mini cliff-hanger with the group ready to go ultra hunting. 

I just hope chapter 15 isn't too far off!

• 3 months later...