Kyle's other works.

Reader2

[Special Note: The new website is now live. As a result the links throughout this thread are invalid except for the latest posting to the thread. All of Kyle's stories can now be found at Kyle Matthew Aarons]

on Wolfsnest you will find "The Kandrick Saga" "Re-Energence" "Adventure Quest" "Day of M" all by Kyle Aarons. I hope to see more of them.

Edited by Zach Caldwell
Link website notification

• 2 months later...

The Kandrick Saga is a real saga it seems to be about 1/2 way through but the muse is very slow,  I think it has been in writing for about a decade now and updates are very slow but a lot of work has been put into it and it is well worth a perusal

• 2 months later...

Kandric may be a bit slow between chapters but it is over 700,000 words at this point with some "chapters" being the size of books. It also is draining to write for me, since it is my most detailed work with literally hundreds of named reappearing characters. Also, for those who like to look for foreshadowing and clues, I have taken 15 years so far in hiding clues in Kandric, some that do not come to the surface for hundreds of thousands of words. So, while slow, there is a reason.

finally all those who know me, knows I go into a different mental place when writing Kandric. the speech of characters is wide and diverse and I do my utmost to make them accurate throughout. That is a drain and I work on nothing else once I start a new chapter of Kandric.

Here is something for readers to think about: what Pontarious uses in chapter 29 was hinted at being available over 20 chapters prior. it was a single line, spoke by Kandric, but those who do not know history well enough my never find it.

• 1 month later...

The amount of effort you put into the Kandric story has always astounded me.  It is by far the most complex storyline I have ever seen outside of a few of the big name authors.  Keeping the multiple threads in sync and consistant even as they cross and uncross, each thread with it's history/flashbacks - it just blows my mind.  Of course I've never written anything more than a technical instruction draft.  I feel like I'm playing a kiddie xylophone while Kyle's directing an orchestra by comparison!

Now that the evil author has dropped the hint, I'm going to have to go back and reread it again to be sure I picked up the reference he mentioned.

Finally, please realize that when we say 'it's slow' or 'please update' we are really trying to tell you that we love your work and would like to see more of it.  I hope you don't feel we are harassing you or in any way making light of the effort involved.  If there was anything I could do to help I would, but my writing tends to come out like computer code.

Oh, I understand when people say it is slow that it is a compliment. My real point is to let people who really don't know me how much energy is expended when I write a chapter of Kandric. For those who are around me, the way I talk even changes some and it takes time to get into the needed mental landscape to write Kandric.

by way of comparison, I can churn out multiple chapters of multiple other stories with less drain than a single chapter of Kandric. However, the Kandric Saga, for me, needs to be as perfect as I possibly can make it. The background data I have on the Kandric world could fill a book or two as well

• 1 year later...

Kyle, 

What is your process or format for outlining your stories. I have always heard that a good story comes from a good outline and yours are some of the best I have read. I am getting more free time and have started writing stories. But I often get stuck on where to go with them or changing them. I think a good outlining process will help me overcome this problem.

I would also like to hear from other writers as well, on their processes of writing/

Kaius  

• 10 months later...

Not posting on here very much because it takes valuable time away from writing, but now that I see the post above, I need to say for me it is all about universe development. I do a ton of research and putting hundreds of pieces in place before I start even thinking about a character. Once I have my "world" then I come up with a single character and where I want him to go. With those pieces I flesh out a story and start my mixture of supporting cast and actual story line.

For those who have seen my background info on any story, they can attest I basically write a book of development that guides everything in the actual written work.

Understatement of the year.  You could actually base multiple RPG's on just the research and universe development.  I have a hard time trying to keep my own little pet project straight.  How you can do it on so many different Universes is beyond me.  But, if you want, I will pass on a (very) short synopsis of my own idea.  It is still in my brain for now, not actually written, although I have started it.  It took a year to get chapter 1 done.  Keep doing what you do best.  

• 1 month later...