Defender Story

bellis64

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm at a point in the story where I'm suddenly afraid to keep reading. The story is riveting and holds you by the balls. It's exciting and hard to put down. When you read it you get to really like the characters and I really don't want to see them get killed. But I know these last chapter will be serious. Crossing my fingers.

• 2 weeks later...

Shayn059,

Thank you. Defenders is one of my favorite universes of all of those that I have developed, but get a small fraction of the comments that I get from any of the others. I never quite figured out why Defenders just didn't seem to catch on better. If it had, Book tow would be much further long and chapters would be out for reading.

But to put it into perspective, I get 50+ times more email about Kandric, 25 times more on Day of N, and 20 times more on AQ, Brile, and O'Connell then I ever got on Defenders. The why as far as the lack of expressed interest in Defenders mystifies me... 

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I wasn't a member of the forums when I was reading this story or I would have said something about liking it so much.  C'mon dude!!!  I absolutely love ALL of your stuff!!!!  I have a feeling that so does everyone else that reads anything by you.  We know that its gonna be great, whatever the subject.

hi kyle,

wow, really one of your best stories beside kandric. kandric is of course the outstanding work of all, if not even most of the authors here. but defenders i literally sucked in as well. read till 4am last nite to finish the story, didnt even see how the time went by. i wanted to know how it ended.

and, it didnt. there is indeed room for at least one other book. why is the senator not expelled from his job? what is he able to do as such a high power augment? why this raid at the school on this CoP member so shortly after this victory over bronze age? how the characters develop? and get older, and get new chars as followers?

thx for writing that story and please more!!! (beside kandric of course)

the other stories of u i havent read yet but will do by time.

Darian Fey

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Went to re-read this story onlyto find that it has been removed.  I guess Kyle felt that not enough readers were showing an interest in continuing it, so he removed it.  Sad, when you consider how much Kyle and all the other authors here and elsewhere provide for the entertainment of others and just ask for honest feedback and, yes, even criticism from those of us that are enjoying the fruits of their labors.  I shall miss reading this story, and I was really looking forward to the next stage of the story.   

On 12/1/2018 at 3:56 PM, roger0002 said:

Went to re-read this story onlyto find that it has been removed.  I guess Kyle felt that not enough readers were showing an interest in continuing it, so he removed it.  Sad, when you consider how much Kyle and all the other authors here and elsewhere provide for the entertainment of others and just ask for honest feedback and, yes, even criticism from those of us that are enjoying the fruits of their labors.  I shall miss reading this story, and I was really looking forward to the next stage of the story.   

Hey Roger.

I am sorry to say that this confusion is somewhat my fault.  I probably should have posted in here that Kyle asked for the story to be removed, because he is trying to get it published.  on the other hand i do know that he has five chapters of a new defenders story to replace this one.  He is waiting on the editing of those chapters, and wants to get a bit more done before he releases them, that way there is not such a long wait between updates.

I hope that makes things a but better.

Roland

That's a pretty odd choice, I have to say. Defenders had been online for a very long time, so it's close to impossible to take all copies offline. It would probably be a better marketing move to publish the new chapters commercially.

But, I wish Kyle the best in his endeavor nevertheless. There should be a fair bit of interest in the genre now. The MCU is riding high, and even in Japan, one of the top Japanese comic titles, My Hero Academia, uses much of the same tropes (with a notable inversion of quirks ie superpowers being the norm).

• 1 year later...

I just bought Defenders: Storm Warning on Amazon.  It covers the first part of the Defenders story that was here.  I really enjoyed reading it again, so I recommend everyone go take a look at it.  Hopefully sales will help Kyle to write more in the Universe.

Speaking of the Universe, Kyle, I understand Rilbur has a sent you the final chapter in his Defenders Universe story.  I would love to read it, so please take a look.