The Other

Castle Herald

[Special Note: The new website is now live. As a result the links throughout this thread are invalid except for the latest posting to the thread. All of Multimapper stories can now be found at MultiMapper]

MultiMapper

The Other

Chapters 1 & 2

Edited by Zach Caldwell
Link website notification

Just finished reading the first two chapters. I'm not always a fan of fan fiction but this one is quite interesting. But now I have a problem! Another story of yours I'm hooked on without knowing when a new chapter will be coming.

Still hoping for a book 2 of Holiday Handoff and waiting for a new chapter of Spider.

Keep writing!  PLEASE!

Haven't had a chance to comment on this yet.  An interesting story, to say the least.  Not sure I agree with some of what you've done -- a big one is Hermione not knowing the answer 'just because it wasn't in the reading assignment'; that's a complete mangling of the character, who would A ) have read the entire book, and B ) would have made the some connection Cherub did -- but it's definitely an interesting, well written story.

Just when I was really enjoying this story you have to go and spoil it. I really liked Harry and Draco and Cherub being friends/boyfriends now Harry is going back to the Gryffindors and can't be with them.

Love the addition of Chuffrey.

Surely they can find a way to get together without it affecting Harry leading the Gryffindors.

I really need to start posting more often, but I love this story.  Chapter 15 was a little slow to start for me for some reason, but it picked up steam after the first few scenes.  And I still love the overall story.  Maybe it's just the serial nature that gave me difficulty.

I am really loving this alternative to the original story (which I like too). The shake up of the houses and their being able to visit with one another wasn't seen in the original until things went bad and they still didn't reach the extent as you have already.

Ron's reintroduction to Hogwarts was very well done. His ow self-esteem while present in the original was not explored. I like the depths you are showing of your characters.

The last scene with Cherub whispering 'I love you' one more time to Harry almost made me cry with the love and silliness shown.

• 2 months later...

I so really enjoyed reading " The Other" , I'm a big Harry Potter fan and Cherub & Chauffry Nightshade add a new dimension to this now classic tale . I hope you find time to write more chapters soon . Thank you for sharing this with us all 

• 3 weeks later...

wow. when do we get to know what draco has in mind? and when do we learn about the philosophers stone and the 3 headed dog? now we have even at least 2 people more than in the original to solve it.

and also wonder how the visit of chuffery to the quidditch match and hogwarts will be. will he take his new snale friend with him?

wonder if he will become a druid now knowing each of the woods secrets. and if he will be an ambassador of the fairys in the wizard world.

so, please here again, MORE!!!!

maybe you should even send your story to jk rowling and let it print and sold :)