Roll Call

Ricky

[Special Note: The new website is now live. As a result the links throughout this thread are invalid except for the latest posting to the thread. All of Ricky stories can now be found at Ricky]

This has to be one of my most commented on stories. It has changed lives. I know of 5 readers who found the courage to come out to their support network. It's a fun story. I hope you enjoy it too.

Edited by Zach Caldwell
Link website notification

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Just finished reading Roll Call and I have to say, very well done, Ricky.  Consistent theme, very engaging and thought out characters.  Witty dialogue.  A sense of irony and angst.  Awesome display of both tenderness, raunchiness, intellect, compassion, hormones, humor and a proclivity to jerk a tear or two.

Anyone who hasn't read this story, should.  The romantic parts are great, the troubling parts are done with a gentle hand, and the insightful messages strewn throughout are delivered with the kind of velvet hammer that gets the point across without over doing it.  It reminds me of my own teenage years and how I wished they'd gone.

Thanks again, Ricky, for showing us that there is hope and it does get better, one "outing" at a time.  Very good job!

Just finished reading Roll Call and I have to say, very well done, Ricky.  Consistent theme, very engaging and thought out characters.  Witty dialogue.  A sense of irony and angst.  Awesome display of both tenderness, raunchiness, intellect, compassion, hormones, humor and a proclivity to jerk a tear or two.

Anyone who hasn't read this story, should.  The romantic parts are great, the troubling parts are done with a gentle hand, and the insightful messages strewn throughout are delivered with the kind of velvet hammer that gets the point across without over doing it.  It reminds me of my own teenage years and how I wished they'd gone.

Thanks again, Ricky, for showing us that there is hope and it does get better, one "outing" at a time.  Very good job!

Thank you for your most wonderful comments. It was a fun story to write. Your comments were most effusive and if I could blush in text I would.

Thanks so much.

r

• 2 months later...

I was gonna wait till morning to comment on this story. but I had to now. I'm beyond tired i was up late last night hoping and praying my 15 year old beagle Diamonds was not gonna die. (long story) anyways I had t finish this tonight blurry eyed and all. and all I can say is You are really gifted the story flowed well I loved it from beginning to end. Pardon typos tough to type with half open eyes.  I love how you had the coach involved and other adults as weel. I can remember my last princapal before i hit the streets and she fit the one in your story.  Judis again for another 6 star story. when I am more awake I'll give you a much better review. time to shut down this and my body now that my dog is out of danger I can rest easy though I know soon his time will be coming. Loved it really did. :) 

I was gonna wait till morning to comment on this story. but I had to now. I'm beyond tired i was up late last night hoping and praying my 15 year old beagle Diamonds was not gonna die. (long story) anyways I had t finish this tonight blurry eyed and all. and all I can say is You are really gifted the story flowed well I loved it from beginning to end. Pardon typos tough to type with half open eyes.  I love how you had the coach involved and other adults as weel. I can remember my last princapal before i hit the streets and she fit the one in your story.  Judis again for another 6 star story. when I am more awake I'll give you a much better review. time to shut down this and my body now that my dog is out of danger I can rest easy though I know soon his time will be coming. Loved it really did. :)

I'm sorry for your grief. They DO become family to us. Not a day goes by I don't miss my best friend. Thank you for taking the time to comment, especially with so much going on in your life right now. It means just that much more to me.

Hugs

I'm sorry for your grief. They DO become family to us. Not a day goes by I don't miss my best friend. Thank you for taking the time to comment, especially with so much going on in your life right now. It means just that much more to me.

Hugs

It was a long tuesday night I sat up with him most of the night. Finally around 3 a.m.  he sat up on the bed and got down got a drink of water from the bucket, then I gave him a half a can of corned beef hash and he seemed to perk right back up. I know at 15 he's way old for a beagle, He's been with me a long time his mother princess was who protected me when I was 13 and found my new home. He's doing really great this morning. where as tueseday you could almost see by the way he was breathing and the look in his eyes and stuff, I was sure it was going to happen that night.  so all is well again.  As for your story it once again pulled at every part of me from laughing to crying  I really love you're writing style.  Thanks once again for all the sympathy. he pulled through thanks to a lot of prayer and TLC, I know eventually he will go but I got him for a little while yet :) 

• 1 month later...

I don't know how I missed this. Sorry about the delay. Thanks so much for your kind words.I hope your baby is back to full health again. As well as the one that went into the drink with you.

Keep smiling and keep reading. It's a great escape.

Hugs

I don't know how I missed this. Sorry about the delay. Thanks so much for your kind words.I hope your baby is back to full health again. As well as the one that went into the drink with you.

Keep smiling and keep reading. It's a great escape.

Hugs

no worries I know like me you've had a plate full as far aas Diamond well he's doing great.  We got him on new hip and joint medicine and give him a baby aspirin a day and he's out running (well trotting) wih the other hounds. and happy as can be.  and Smokey is doing great.  snow storm last night gave us a foot of snow. 10959831_1573068546267159_30985342730596