Operation Black Pearl

ken barber

This has been a great read all the way through. I enjoyed it immensely. It was hard to keep up with all the different groups but I think I managed mostly.

I like Wyatt's questions but I have another that is more important to me. It may fall to Roland to answer because it involves more of his characters than any of the others. What will Janet decide to do with the three children experimented on? I know Norris pretty much ordered her to kill them but besides being in the chain of command as a doctor she is also a mother to children already genetically altered.

Myself I would finish the physical changes so they are not in pain without the mental abuse the others had to go through before they escaped. Then give the same choice a the others to learn to fight if they want.

Look forward to each other your stories continuing.

Jeikor makes a great point.  I agree with him that Janet should finish the transformation.  A chance of life is better than an assured death.  But there's an old saying -- no good deed goes unpunished.  Could these kids already be under the AoG's sway?  If so, making them Genesis kids might work out very badly.

My first thought was that Janet would never just euthanize those three kids.  Even though no one in the Bryce administration or the military chain of command would ever give the go ahead to finish the transformation, I can see Janet bucking them, getting them away from that field hospital, and doing it anyway.  We shall see!

Great little mini-series, by the way.  Kudos to the three authors for another fine job!

• What is this Dr. Marcus like and what have he and his workmates accomplished?
  • Who is the kid without legs, and what happened to him?
  • How is the AoG going to react to Ashwood's inability to hold territory?
  • When will President Bryce find out about the Veterans Day massacre?
  • When will the UNIT share what (little) they know of the AoG?

#1 I dont know  send this is to Roland
#2 we love our little secrets
#3 Only the AOG knows
#4 soon
#5 Roland? 

This has been a great read all the way through. I enjoyed it immensely. It was hard to keep up with all the different groups but I think I managed mostly.

I like Wyatt's questions but I have another that is more important to me. It may fall to Roland to answer because it involves more of his characters than any of the others. What will Janet decide to do with the three children experimented on? I know Norris pretty much ordered her to kill them but besides being in the chain of command as a doctor she is also a mother to children already genetically altered.

Myself I would finish the physical changes so they are not in pain without the mental abuse the others had to go through before they escaped. Then give the same choice a the others to learn to fight if they want.

Look forward to each other your stories continuing.

Jeikor makes a great point.  I agree with him that Janet should finish the transformation.  A chance of life is better than an assured death.  But there's an old saying -- no good deed goes unpunished.  Could this kids already be under the AoG's sway?  If so, making them Genesis kids might work out very badly.

My first thought was that Janet would never just euthanize those three kids.  Even though no one in the Bryce administration or the military chain of command would ever give the go ahead to finish the transformation, I can see Janet bucking them, getting them away from that field hospital, and doing it anyway.  We shall see!

Great little mini-series, by the way.  Kudos to the three authors for another fine job!

If she does not euthanize them there will be hell to pay. 
Thanks to all the comments and questions I am glad you enjoyed it

If she does not euthanize them there will be hell to pay. Thanks to all the comments and questions I am glad you enjoyed it

If I remember correctly, Janet found out that Adam (?) was going to be "terminated" way back when his story started in CSU which lead to her helping him with his escape.  I don't think Janet, or any of the other UNIT folks are afraid of a little hell.

Edited by Steve T.

I'm so glad you all found the series to be entertaining! Even though I only acted as the "gopher", it fell to me to take seven separate story documents and meld them into one continuous story. I created a separate document in order to keep track and "stitch" it all together. From those, I put together the largest chapter, Chapter 1 - The setup @ over 20K words. Then we had Chapter 2 - The beginning of the operation @ over 7K words. Chapter 3 - Wrapping up the battle @ over 14K words and finally, Chapter 4 - the debriefing @ about 7K words.

That was fun...

As for all the questions being asked about the "left-over" plot points, most will be answered in other chapters by Ken and Roland (even the Scireians are going to get in the act). Will they all be answered? Keep reading!

Thanks Ken and Al.  I was not expecting answers in this thread, just noting that there were numerous plot elements to which we can look forward.

And Al, stitching together the work of three others into a coherent story is a lot more than being a "gopher".  You qualify as a surgeon!

As for all the questions being asked about the "left-over" plot points, most will be answered in other chapters by Ken and Roland (even the Scireians are going to get in the act). Will they all be answered? Keep reading!

When I pose questions in any comment I might make, I don't really expect, nor want the answer from the authors.  That would defeat the whole purpose of reading these great stories.  My questions are really just thoughts that occur to me as I'm reading, things that I hope to see resolved in subsequent chapters.  Maybe another reader will see what I posted and agree with me, or tell me why I'm completely off base.  It's sort of "Monday morning quaterbacking" for The Castle!  ;)

When I pose questions in any comment I might make, I don't really expect, nor want the answer from the authors.  That would defeat the whole purpose of reading these great stories.  My questions are really just thoughts that occur to me as I'm reading, things that I hope to see resolved in subsequent chapters.  Maybe another reader will see what I posted and agree with me, or tell me why I'm completely off base.  It's sort of "Monday morning quaterbacking" for The Castle!  ;)

Oh dear me! Here I thought one of the main purposes of this forum was for the authors to interact with the readers. Here you are telling me I'm wrong! :blink:

I'm now officially bummed. :huh:

Aw geez.  I think that came out wrong.  Alan, I always welcome a reply from the author.  That's the one thing I enjoy about this forum over many others is that the authors actually participate.  I just meant that any questions I posed here in a post were...rhetorical.  I think I'm going to shut up now. 

Steve keep talking we love it. And of course I don't think I actually answered your questions. I thought I was being a smart ass. Lol.

the question about Janice and the kids actually sparked a rather long discussion between Roland and I.

thanks to everyone for reading and all the great comments. It makes it all worth it to me. 

...as equal parts rage and determination grew within her, she finally came to the decision that she would never allow such injustices to happen again. She knew that drawing on every secret resource at her disposal that she would be able to clone the perfect, most innocent, most loving beings that were beyond any possibility of corruption. They would be joyful, giving and... deadly. Her army of the night.

Edited by MultiMapper

Got asked to go on a new road trip missed the last two chapters reread it all today 

Wow what a great battle story action left right and from above I don't think the subs got into this fight 

I do wonder what will happen to the three don't see them dying 

So we have two new characters to think about

Do you guys plan on doing Maine together I hope so

Damm good read thanks guys

You're welcome, Eric. I do have other favorites too. From each of the authors' stories. But Chase is something else and I hope he would consider me a 'Shiny.'

Niteowl, I am not one of the authors and not connected to RU except as a reader so I can freely speculate. I do not think they will collaborate on the Maine campaign because (if memory serves) that is Ken's characters mission. Eric's kids and Roland's UNIT group were given different missions. My best guess would be they would combine again for the final battle and capture/death of Ashwood.

• 3 months later...